The "real" reason why ZOE is OP.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RobotNinja, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Taemien

Nope, no confusion. Doesn't have to be 45s duration, was just throwing a number out there. The point I am making is that if you make Charge better in most situations than ZOE, Lockdown, or Aegis.. then it will help alleviate the concerns people have about those systems.

Having a 5s cooldown will help with that. You're right that Charge is faster than ZOE, so if you can move faster than ZOE over time with charge, then its better in most situations. Not to mention it gives TR and NC a means of crossing large areas quickly just like ZOE can.. just better at it, and VS would have access to it as well since its NOT empire specific.

Does it mean everyone switches to Charge? Yep. But thats the point and idea. Use the empire specific ability for certain situations. Just like the Lancer, Phoenix, and Striker are situational.
  2. treeHamster

That doesn't mean you can outrun infantry. I get almost all of my MAX punches thanks to ZOE but it's because you walk into an infantry that is walking backwards and just overtake him. Forward speed is faster than backwards in every situation though. Even then, half of my MAX punches are against infantry that aren't moving in the first place and it's because I can't complete the kill without a reload.
  3. Mxiter

It's also the reason why TR/NCs don't uses Pounders/Falcons since it"s bad against infantries, average against maxes and bad against vehicles.

SOE will increase also vortexes damages for AI an nerf every other AV weapons against infantriesbut does people know that even the "bad" vortexes kill already an infantry in less than 2 sec?
  4. Xasapis

The what what? Have you ever tried them in real combat conditions? You'll be lucky if somebody drops dead after one reload. 10 seconds to deal with one infantry as a MAX is not acceptable in any shape or form. Why do you think Vortexes are getting buffed? Because even your worst AV weapons perform 2-3 times better than Vortexes against infantry.

Seriously. If you see a MAX with Vortexes right now, it's a free kill for a heavy and a manageable kill for even an SMG Infiltrator.