THE NEW SOE ALL ACCESS PLAN & FAQ

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Jan 24, 2014.

1. nallar

Would it be possible to allow us to choose between claiming 500SC or a single item up to 2000SC? That would remove all the disadvantages people complained about while providing more value for us :D
    • Up x 4
  2. Seal_Team

If we currently have the Loyal Soldier Bundle as our membership is that price of 30$ per month going to remain the same?
  3. Luperza Community Manager

I brought this idea up, but no plans as of now. :)

From the FAQ:

Q: What happens if I am already an All Access Member? Do I need to do anything when the new program goes into effect?
    A: You don’t need to do anything. Your existing All Access plan will be automatically upgraded to the new plan at the lower price. If you have time remaining on your old plan when the All Access membership changes occur, additional time will be added to your account based on the new lower monthly rate, on a prorated basis. You can just sit back and count the savings!
    • Up x 2
  4. Kirdra

Awesome, It would be great to see this kind of working together with future decisions.

I admit this will make me at least try out other SOE games.
    • Up x 2
  5. siiix

besides free all access is there any other difference between the new and current membership ?
  6. Lazaruz

Good to see that you took the feedback when coming up with this new plan.
    But for me, it's unfortunately too little too late.
  7. Selerox

Thumbs up for two reasons:
    1. You make a very good point.
    2. You make it using a HHGTTG quote.
    Well played sir, well played.
    • Up x 1
  8. Luperza Community Manager

As stated above:

On or about April 2nd, we will be rolling out a simple, new All Access membership plan full of value. In the new All Access plan, members will be able to:
    · Claim 500 Station Cash monthly from within the game marketplaces.
    · Receive a 10% discount on marketplace purchases.
    · Gain access to exclusive promotions and offers throughout the year.

And we’ve gone a step further…

We will be upgrading all existing individual game memberships to the new All Access plan, which will include the top-tier membership level in all eligible SOE games (EverQuest, EverQuest II, DC Universe Online PC, PlanetSide 2 PC, Vanguard:Saga of Heroes, and the upcoming EverQuest Next and EQN Landmark) for one, low monthly rate of $14.99 (with extra savings for 3, 6 and 12 month plans). We’re also finalizing membership benefits to other games such as Dragon’s Prophet and will share these new updates as available.

And in the FAQ:

Q: How does the new All Access program differ from the old one?
    A: The price for SOE All Access will be reduced from $19.99 to $14.99 and will replace existing SOE game memberships, on or about April 2nd, 2014, for the following games: DC Universe Online (PC), PlanetSide 2 (PC), EverQuest, and EverQuest II, as well as Vanguard: Saga of Heroes*. We have confirmed that Dragon’s Prophet will be included in the program as well, and are working closely with Runewaker to determine additional benefits. Finally, the new plan will also expand to include our upcoming titles, EverQuest Next and EQN Landmark!
    How does it work? As an example, if you are a gold member in EverQuest II, you’ll soon be upgraded to SOE All Access with full member entitlements in ALL eligible SOE games! You don’t need to lift a finger – it will all be done automatically.
    You will be able to log in to claim a monthly grant of 500 SC (one grant per account), and will receive 10% off ALL Marketplace purchases. Some exclusions will apply, including Station Cash top-ups, Krono and membership purchases. SOE All Access members will also be eligible for exclusive promotions and offers throughout the year.

*Members of Vanguard: Saga of Heroes will automatically be upgraded to the new SOE All Access program until the sunset of the game on July 31, 2014. Please read further down this FAQ for special considerations around this game.
  9. DreamWarden

Smedley answered "Soonish", so I suppose I will be able to reap these benefits soon.
  10. AngryPlayer

Is there still the membership tiers like the Bronze, Silver, Gold etc? If not, what happens to the passive certs, resource and experience bonuses?
  11. o.Solei.o

The problem is that each of those plans benefits different sections of the population.

The 2k single purchase credit per month would be great for new players or new games (like EQN), but would suck for older accounts that are just filling in the blanks in their inventory when things go on sale, or waiting for new content to come out (like Player Studio stuff) because they already have everything they want. The 500 SC rollover benefits older accounts due to the same issues listed above.

Is there anyway we could have the ability to chose which of these feature we want on a per-account basis?
    • Up x 1
  12. Amarsir

Here's a question, Luperza:

Since the 500sc will become a claimable reward as part of the marketplace for Premium players, and pre-paid cards will now count for that as well, what happens to pre-paid cards with their own benefits? (Such as the Gamestop card with the Platinum gun or the awalmart cards with bonus SC.). Will they be discontinued, get both rewards, or have fine-print added?
    • Up x 1
  13. Kylemyers

I hate to be a bother, but this doesn't apply to me. Why? I got a membership and then the next week PS2 is lagging the crap out of my computer. It worth getting the membership, and I checked other games and they ran fine. Thanks to the ESF update, there was too much lag to play. 40+ fps in a 48+ battle, now it is 20+ in the freaking warpgate on low. Plz fix this, and so far it has been fun though the lag!
  14. HiFiWiFi

So at first I thought this was a big rip off, It looked like you would no longer get the extra cert bonus and xp, but after reading a bit more it seams like you get these bonuses and the other ones from other games as well as the 10% off and 500 sc. Would I be correct in thinking this?
    • Up x 1
  15. CowPie

There should be NO need to make a claim on the 500 station cash. It should be an automatic roll over and added to your existing amount. I'm surprised that you can't seem to handle this simple transaction. Until you get this figured out my membership will stay cancelled.
    • Up x 2
  16. nallar

Yes.
  17. Xboxer

This game will soon become a bunch of casual gamers, I personally penny more thrust in this miracle ....
  18. Kylemyers

I hate to be a bother, but this doesn't apply to me. Why? I got a membership and then the next week PS2 is lagging the crap out of my computer. It worth getting the membership, and I checked other games and they ran fine. Thanks to the ESF update, there was too much lag to play. 40+ fps in a 48+ battle, now it is 20+ in the freaking warpgate on low. Plz fix this, and so far it has been fun though the lag!
  19. Kurdain

1. Claim 500 SC a month.
    How will this be claimed or will it be applied automatically to your account as it currently works?
    Do I have to manually claim the 500 SC through some (hopefully easy and within game) process and if I don't will the 500 SC be lost next month or will it roll over?
    Do I have to spend the entire 500 SC each month or loose the unspent balance? Will any balance left over roll over?

2. Receive 10% discount.
    Will this apply to ALL purchases automatically? i.e. if I buy a weapon for 700 SC, will it automatically update the price to 630 SC?
    Will this apply to items on sale? i.e. 500 SC item on sale for 250 SC, will I pay 250 or 225?
    Will this apply to ALL in game items? Boosts, weapons, appearance items, bundles?

3. Gain access to exclusive promotions.
    Is this in addition to the current members only sales?
    What does this mean exactly?

4. Not on the list but while you are updating your SC system and rewards you really need to revamp the accounts page, specifically the purchase history. There is no way for a person to tell what deductions were purchased for what, and also last time I checked I did not see the monthly credits appearing as a transaction on the transactions page. I should be able to click on any purchase in my history and is should say what was purchased and for how much.

Thanks,
    • Up x 1
  20. SystemAddict

I too would appreciate an update regarding the ability to some day purchase memberships through Paypal.