The new color system is confusing.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by RedCat, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Alizona

I shot at least 5 teammates yesterday, solely because of this stupid color change thing.

Once I finally figured out that in Settings we could choose our own colors, that at least helped a little bit.

But it's still messed up somehow. Just look at all these posts for proof!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the new colors are some half-baked idea that doesn't work well compared to the old system of colors.

What a mess.
  2. Cl1mh4224rd

I think I'll like the new color system better. While I got used to the old system relatively quickly, it didn't make much sense. Friendly players and vehicles were blue, friendly-held capture points were green, and friendly facility objectives (other than the capture point) were your faction's color. That was kind of a mess...

The new color system is more consistent and I have no problem with that. It's going to take some time to get used to, with TR probably having the most difficult time if they choose the "Empire Colors" preset. For people sticking with the "Enemy vs. Ally" preset, there is the loss of differentiation between enemy-held capture points, and that's unfortunate.
  3. ent|ty

The new color system is...unintuitive.
    Very quickly as a new player, you could see what faction currently owns the base nearby, or the hacked terminal. Your own faction color on everything you owned was easy to learn.
    Why would they change this, and how do I get it back.
    Maybe they're going to add a 4th faction and don't know what color they need to use, so reverting to this crappy style..
    I might get used to it, but like i said, I liked the faction-color specific way of doing things.
  4. Kelandra

Agree. Get rid of the colour changes. This change is probably the worst decision the Devs made and it completely confuses the game play. Put it back or at least give us the option to have it how it was before the game update.
    Bad, baaad, change. The game is just broken like it is at the moment.
  5. Voraen

yeh color scheme now sucks. cant tell if we own a,b,c or if nc own it and at night and sometimes day, its hard to tell where all delta squad members are because there black as opposed to bravo who are now brown wtf. when lookn at the mini map, its like im looking for a moving rock or pebble. wtf is with that. change the color of capped points back to normal as well as change delta to a bright color ffs so there easier to identify from a bolder/mountain eg when in vehicles. i know we can look around for them but then why the f do we have a mini map for if your in delta or bravo, its made it more difficult when it wasnt broke in the first place.