The new color system is confusing.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by RedCat, Feb 2, 2013.

1. RedCat

Alright so I'm not sure why this was changed, I would understand it as a color blind option but changing it for everybody?

Problems with the new color system:

* If I make my faction blue, and the other 2 factions red all the objectives show as red also, so it's unclear who captured which base. Example: what if NC captures A, VS captures B and terran holds C? I won't know as a TR player since NC and VS have the same colors (not to mention C will be blue which makes it even more confusing).

* if I make my faction (TR) blue, NC red, and VS yellow it is still confusing. Example 1: If NC captures A the objective will be red... our faction is red making it confusing.

* If I make my faction (TR) red, NC blue and VS yellow all my friendlies look like enemies. RED in 99.99% of all games means it's an enemy.

So yeah, the default option for colors should be how it was previously, the color blind thing should be OPTIONAL.

TR objectives (captured) need to be RED.
    NC objectives (captured) need to be BLUE.
    VS objectives (captured) need to be PURPLE.
    Neutral objectives should be WHITE.
    Spotting an enemy and he should turn RED.

Which brings me to the next thing, why was squad colors pretty much untouched? This is the most confusing thing in PlanetSide 2, the different between alpha squad and bravo squad is almost non existent. And there is a really easy fix for this.. alpha should be green, bravo purple, charlie bright yellow and delta dark brown or black.

Not to mention that even if you do change the colors right now, the map will still be RED/PURPLE/BLUE, so this does not even help color blind people.
    • Up x 10
  2. TrilokJ

Agreed. I find it very confusing now.
    • Up x 2
  3. Varen

Why not simply change it in the options?
    • Up x 2
  4. Kirajava

I've been trying to set the colors up how they were, can't get it right though, get it right for one thing, then it's wrong for another.

An option to use the previous color format would have been great...
  5. mags

It's really bad imo, give us the option of using the old one
    • Up x 1
  6. Kirajava

Gave up and ended up just using Enemy vs Ally. Doesn't look right but it'll have to work I guess.
  7. AwesomeDuck

I agree. And my 2c:

- Give us back light green health bars above vehicles and infantry. Light blue has poor visibility against sky and when you're in platoon, some colors are bad visible too. Green is good with everything.
    • Up x 2
  8. Testman

Because you can't.
    No play around with it and you'll see what the TR is talking about.
    You're VS right?
    Set it to Custom, and set Vanu to red, NC to Blue and TR to purple.
    Play for 5 minutes. You'll see the problem.
    That's the issue. You can't customize it to how it use to be.
    It's very annoying. And it's compounded by the fact that the Map doesn't change.

Example, I ran with the new scheme. Where Enemies on both sides are red, and friendlies are blue. That's now the new default.
    I hate it, but whatever.
    So I'm capping a base, the blue line going up indicates that I'm capping it. Fine.
    I pressed me, and moused over the territory, and it was a red line going up (the old TR color).
    I moused over another zone and a blue line was going down and I had to take a minute and say "Are we gaining or losing that territory?"
    Map colors don't reflect HUD colors.

So for the TR this new coloring system has been an absolute disaster.
    • Up x 8
  9. RedCat

Yep exactly :)
  10. Hawkins

Ye good work with the Colors! Which Dev thought that the new System is a good Idea? A monkey?
    Why isn't there a "Classic prepatch" Option? I can either have Red enemies and Blue Allies(both good, no Complaints here) but can't see the Difference if NC or VS hacks a Base on the Control Points, or i switch to Empire Colors resulting in RED Friendlies just waiting to be Teamkilled, WTF!
    Option 1 would be great if you could still see the Empire Colors on the Checkpoints like before. Why was that removed?
    • Up x 2
  11. Sheepdog

Both standard settings ure about unusable for TR.

When I set to ally vs enemy I can not see if VS or NC are tapping a base.
    When I set to Empire Colors, my own charlie squad runs around with the same color as vanu.
    • Up x 1
  12. RedCat

I don't know why they did it, what I'm guessing is that there was some sort of confusion on what the community wanted? The only thing which was needed was a clearer difference between squads (specifically alpha and bravo being almost identical), and a color blind option for color blind people.
  13. Smuggy

Totally agree with original poster, it's totally confusing now.

From a root course analysis point of view I'd want to ask who figured this color system out and then forgot to test it? I would hope the devs play around with their own upcoming changes?
  14. Deschain

Someone had too much sugar while operating the colour pallet in paintshop pro, only excuse i could come up with.
  15. GMajor

Agreed. Very confusing now! I've never seen anyone mention this in the past apart from being able to change for colour blind mode etc. The old "dynamic" colouring should be enabled as default with the option to override with selected colours if required.
  16. sicat

I have spent a good half an hour trying to get this set up right and i give up.A simple option to keep the old (pre-patch)scheme would be greatly appreciated.
  17. Ubad00d

Completely agree, what were they thinking? The scheme has just F'ed a load of things up.
  18. non7top

Doesn't matter who invented the new system since that monkey will be fired on monday anyway. And good old color system will return.
  19. oherror

I feel bad about charlie squad as they get TKed alot now due to thier colors. Playing NC alot of people are like oh **** venu blam blam dead oh noes it was nc.
  20. crissHill

Please stop f'cking around with my interface. just give everything tweakable. Now my Minimap has PURPLE for charlie squad vehicle and PURPLE for a VS vehicle.

Also FRIENDLIES ARE RED, and if I use the default settings FRIENDLY BASE CAPS are BLUE and enemy RED.

Seems almost like your designers don't even think about the changes before they've but in. This is laughable. Please.
    • Up x 1