The new color system is confusing.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by RedCat, Feb 2, 2013.

1. crissHill

And still that would be confusing. Because we're used to see RED on the minimap when bases are owned by us. I tried to run into an enemy spawn room today because of a setting like that.
    • Up x 1
  2. Tuhljin

These issues would have been caught immediately on a public test server. Just saying. (And should have been caught immediately without one, really.)
    • Up x 1
  3. Eugenitor

I'm VS and it's even confusing for us. I've just decided to go with the faction colors and train myself to shoot at blue things.
  4. Apneal

Thank god this doesn't break the NC like TR (or VS).

Finally we have some sort of advantage, lol
  5. Diamond Sword

Really? Because when I played before the update, bases my faction owned were GREEN; not Purple.

EDIT: Oh you mean the facility icons on the map. Yeah... That is a little gay.

Personally, I just made it thusly:

VS = Dark Purple
    NC = Dark Blue
    TR = Bright Red.

It's been a little confusing at first, seeing NC and thinking they are friendly; but there's no confusing NC and VS terminals at all now like it was with the shades used pre-patch. I can also get accustomed to this, just as I got accustomed to the REDvBLUE scheme.
  6. TRman

The new color system is confusing.
  7. t31os

Agreed, new colour scheme is confusing, i like faction colours with regard to players and structures i look at, whilst having blue/green on the map for friendlies and red for the enemy. To put it another way, i preferred the previous setup and a choice to use that again would be a fine thing.

See no reason to make either or... why not provide both? Failing that, allow players to be more specific with the scheme, ie. choice of colours of allies/enemies on the map and a totally different set for what you see infront of you(ie. not on the map).

That said, if i had to live with either the new colour scheme or the big drop in overall peformance, i'd choose the former.
  8. Gumbo

I've been killed 8 or 9 times tonight followed by a /tell saying they thought i was an enemy because of the new colours.

I also cannot see who needs healing because of the loss of the green health bar.
    • Up x 2
  9. Kildorragh96

I don't buy the whole "THE ENEMY MUST BE RED, MUST BE RED" thing, my mind isn't so simple that I can't understand anything other than "RED = SHOOT"

In fact, I didn't really like the old colour scheme because I could be standing next to a friendly Lightning and an NC Shield Generator, and the minimap would tell me that they were all owned by the same team. What?????

I don't see how it can be so hard to say "Anything to do with the TR is Red (including HUD etc). All Stuff to do with NC is Blue. All stuff to do with VS is purple/green/whatever doesnt clash with the squad colours." End of confusion for everyone?
    • Up x 2
  10. TRman

add the old scheme please
  11. NissanskylineN1

The new color scheme and font are pretty annoying. I dont think anyone requested on the forums for it to be changed in the first place anyways..
    • Up x 1
  12. reeight

There are some threads with complaints that certain colors are hard to see against some backgrounds. I like the general idea but I hope we can get more color configuration choices please! ;)

I do wish there was better instructions & warning about the color changes, & how to tweak it yourself. SOE frustrated 1/4 of the people in my platoon since they were shocked & confused about the changes. Not good to piss people off with sudden changes like that.
  13. xxxFail

Уберите эти страшные аляповатые неоновые цвета, невозможно настроить, просто режут глаз. Они такой игре как Планетсайд совершенно не к месту. Верните старую цветовую схему надписей и обозначений!!!

Remove these terrible garish neon colors, can not be adjusted, just hurt the eyes. Its completely out of place.
    Bring back the old color scheme!!!
    • Up x 2
  14. Turel2

This patch has confused me greatly.
  15. Takoita

What's the problem, people? There is already an option to switch to old color settings - that drop down above the color choices that has "custom", "blue allies, red enemies" and "faction colors" in it.

The only thing that stands out is that the default option doesn't show capture point ownership in three-way battles. But that's why you can customize them!
  16. }{ellKnight

Alright then... go do this in-game: as a TR set it up so enemies are red, friendlies are blue and base/building/point/etc. ownership color as faction dependent (IE the old system). You can't.

After a while I guess you can get used to the infantry and vehicles having faction dependent colors as well but yesterday it felt like total madness especially when the main map screen uses the old faction colors. I had moments where I ran into a building to cap a control point only to realize it was already ours and not NC's.

In retrospect I'm guessing NC are fine with these changes because they're used to blue friendly stuff (this particular bit is not a complaint, mind you).
    • Up x 1
  17. Takoita

IMHO it was incridebly counterintuitive before when allied untis were blue, enemy units were red but allied objectives were red and enemy objectives were blue. Current way is much easier.
  18. }{ellKnight

I got used to the old way very quickly. It made sense for me. I'm not going to prioritize shooting one faction over the other when they're on my screen so both being red worked just fine for me. I needed to know exactly what faction had which point to know where to attack (the faction with the biggest influence in the area) and faction based colors for statics worked just fine.

I'm not saying remove what we have now, it's definitely awesome to be able to change colors especially for blind people but I'd really appreciate it if we had and option that was just like the old patch or allow us to set 2 colors per faction: one for buildings and one for troops.
  19. RobotNinja

Yeah, everything that's an enemy or enemy controlled is red which is hella confusing if you're NC or VS trying to figure out who you're fighting against and if you're TR you probably think you own the whole map.
    • Up x 2
  20. Ogedai

I was looking forward to this option, but so far is been a faliure. First problem is that you have to use Empire specific colours for the capture points to be of right colour, second being that the platoon squad colours are not changable and charlie squad is the same colour as the vanu. I would like the squadmates to atleast have a red triangle and then the numbers in other colours.