The new color system is confusing.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by RedCat, Feb 2, 2013.

1. RobotNinja

Yeah...I know...WHAT THE HELL?!?! If you're not VS, you're seeing purple tanks rolling around and it's like what's going on here?
  2. KHrev

If you are going to let us customize colors, you have to let us customize the base cap colors, the squad colors, the map colors. The system as it exists now is a big step backwards.
  3. NovaAustralis

I can understand that the TR are maybe suffering with this change.
    Enemy are traditionally red, but your faction colour is red too.

Given that the map, territory, icon and faction colours are:
    TR - red
    VS - purple
    NC - blue

I'd suggest going with that scheme.
    Yes, you'd have to get used to targeting the other colours, but how hard is that?

So:
    VS shoot anything red and blue.
    TR shoot anything blue and purple.
    NC shoot anything red and purple.

Personally, I have made VS into a mauve colour and TR into a hot pink colour, cos I felt it was more appropriate somehow.
    ;-)

Also, it's been fantastic to have Delta Squad more easily distinguished from Bravo Squad.
  4. DankFist

It was for me at first, too. But then I remembered that Old WoW motto, Red = Dead. Anyhting Red is bad, everything blue is yours. Once you get into this mind-set you'll be golden. (har har har)
  5. RedCat

6. Lancener

First base I got to I ran to the capture point because I thought NC was there, they were but we had the point. This would work if there were 2 factions but with 3 it gets too confusing.

It would be like playing a RTS game in a free for all with 2 people that have the same colors.
  7. husse

man in option menu you can make same as pre patch and dont cry anymore. if you dont like dont play it with that setting better cry about poor performance patch and lots of bugs.
  8. haldolium

What do you mean "won't make sense"? In general it's an improvement that makes perfectly sense since before a variety of interface areas was indistinguishable... that's fixed now with full control over the colors.
  9. Faark

Mostly aggree with the opening post. We have to differentiate between factions on map/object-markers, but players should be red = enemy (again).

The old style system should definetively be an option. Don't care about what the default is, but it su**s not beeing able to change it back to what im used to.
  10. SharpLight

including PS2 up to February 2nd. The color setting should only apply to player's markers, everything else should follow Empire specific colors or have its own settings.
    • Up x 1
  11. MaxP0werr

*signing for old color setting option*
  12. Ratsle

The new color options are fine, doesn't take more than two mins(if your slow) to figure out what two colors I am shooting at today.

And as Nova mentioned up above just change them if you don't like them. VS as hot pink, I like it.
    • Up x 1
  13. Vanshadow

New color scheme = FAIL
  14. WV2MJR

I liked the old color system better as well. Wish there was a way to use the pre-update color system.
  15. Apneal

No, you can't.

Firstly, setting empire colors doesn't affect the map screen.

Secondly, you can't change squad colors, and squads cover such a wide color range that you can't set empire colors to anything that wont resemble one of your squads. Not to mention I will ALWAYS shoot at Charlie squad for looking like Vanu.

How to fix it:

First, when setting empire colors, it should affect the map as well.
    Second, you should be able to set minimap colors independently.
    Third, squad colors needs to be adjustable, and you should be able to set an option that says:
    -Squad color as outline/Empire color fill
    -Empire color as outline/squad color fill
    -Squad color solid
  16. PVTPartz

Who is taking credit for this idea? Horrible and ill conceived. Please allow option to change it back. I want my enemies red, friendly's blue and my capture points and bars to match my faction. Again you took something that wasn't broke and tried to fix it. Why? Because a couple of people said it would be cool if players icons showed up faction specific?
  17. Hypersot

I really like the new colour system, it was one of the things I thought it was missed, as an option, from the game.... but then, I don't play with squads so I can understand you guys getting confused with this
  18. Mendetus

I think most of you are experiencing growing pains regarding this. The new system makes more sense but you're just used to the old way. The old system was very confusing for a new player to pick up and understand while this one is more streamlined and logical (the green was very random and confusing to new player). It won't be too long before you begin to adapt to it.

That being said, I can't even fathom why they wouldn't have added 'classic' as one of the presets so you can switch it back. I can't believe that they did not think they would get blow-back from the community on this without adding a tool to easily revert the change. It's kind of ironic that this feature was added to give choice but took away the choice to keep it like it's always been.
  19. R3D3

Plz give us the old colors and settings back....and the green health bar!
    • Up x 1
  20. AwesomeDuck

Yes I would like to see this back too. Some people actually saying they like the new colors and stuff and others gonna get used to it. Well they might be right, but this is something that really spoils medic's (or engi's) job a lot. I don't know how one could get possibly used to looking at blue health bars when bunch of guys standing to eachother at night for example. And Bravo/Delta (Brown/Black) is even harder to spot, since those bars are now squad colored too.