The Infiltrator Challenge

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Mustarde, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Rudmed

Challenge Accepted!

And this...shall be my theme song as I try to complete this challenge.

2. Ripshaft

holy butts.

Interesting challenge, least they necro'd something that's still relevant =p
  3. Judicator

Bonus points: get an auraxium medal with all of the above weapons with flashlight attached and always on.
  4. raptor05

*sigh*....
  5. Snipefrag

Anyone else currently working on/completed this? I'm currently 4/9 having finished up the RAM .50, SR7, 99SV, M77-B. Almost done Hailstorm.. Going through it at a leisurely rate as i don't get to play as much as these guys but getting there ! I think the next set of rifles are going to challenge me even more that the first 4, as I'm more one of those snipers that sits out at distance pulling off insane shots and these rifles are more close quarters than the ones I've been using.

It has definitely helped to improve me as a sniper so far, going to have to put some thought into the best way to rack up kills with the SOAS-20, HRS-1, TSAR-42, KSR-35... Any users who are experienced with these rifles got any tips/tricks of the trade they are willing to share?
  6. Get2dachoppa

Yup, been working on this for some time. I don't rack up kills insanely fast as real life forces me into lots of downtime in game. So far I've finished the Artemis, Sirius, Parallax, V10, XM98. Getting close to auraxium with my knife too, for what that's worth. Currently trying to focus on the Ghost, but also putting a little time into the Nyx and Spectre. So far, I think the SA scout rifles will be the biggest challenge for me.

I actually kind of enjoyed the auto scout rifle. I think the small clip size forced me into improving my aim in close-mid engagements, but was the source of some frustration when I found myself just a few rounds short of finishing off a target. I used a foregrip, 2x sights, suppresser and treated it a bit similar to my SMG playstyle. Flank your opponent but try to keep some distance, ADS, and take them out. Hipfire in a pinch is not great, but can work.
  7. Stinneyt

Sort of.
    I got over 5000 kills with the RAMS.50 and wanted to make the game a little more challenging for me.
    So I'm now using the TSAR 42 and trying to get auraxian with it, the Emperor and the Chainblade.

I dont get nearly enough time to fully accomplish this challenge.
  8. Mustarde

I finally updated the blog with a "wall" to recognize those of you who have completed the infiltrator challenge - http://aninfiltratorsblog.wordpress.com/hall-of-fame/

Currently we have
    Mustarde
    Nukabazooka
    DrTeeth
    Granderil
    Sworaven

I know a few more of you are chipping away at this, keep it up and let me know when you get there to get added!

Also, take a peek at the pistol challenge, something I think many of you will be well suited for. Post there with your screenshot to get added as well! https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/the-pistol-challenge.153481/

And while I may have mentioned this months ago, I do this not for epeen, but to keep pushing myself with the game and the infiltrator class, as we largely lack a meta to fight for (lolWDS). These "challenges" keep me pushing for something new and difficult. I hope to share this form of entertainment with the rest of you through these types of threads/walls.
  9. AnuErebus

10. Mustarde

11. LownWolfe

How long did it take you on average, I am on the verge of aurax'ing the last BASR and that will only be my 3rd weapon.
  12. Scudmungus

I refuse to believe there are weapons other than the RAMS, Commy, Claymore and Knife.

HAPPILY I DANCE IN MY TOWER OF IGNORANCE1!!

:D
  13. LownWolfe

I used to use the commy faithfully, but recently have swapped to silenced weapons, much better for cloak and dagger (metaphorically and literally) but as NC I get the desperado, not sure about the TR guns (repeater, emperor, inquisitor)
  14. AnuErebus

Depends on your kills per hour. If you kill one guy every minute it takes about 20 hours. One guy every two minutes and you're up to 40 hours and so on.
  15. Sworaven

Hard to say as I didn't really thought about it too much. I just played and tried to have fun with it, even with the weapons I didn't really enjoy (KSR-35 ಠ_ಠ). I think you'll quickly get burned out if you're really focussing on reaching this goal since it will take a while.
    • Up x 1
  16. Mustarde

Nuka and I raced to the finish line with this challenge, chatting with each other every day about our progress, sending each other teasing screenshots of our new auraxium medals, and having friendly competition. By the end, we both just wanted it to be over! I'm still amazed we finished within 3 hours of each other, after two months of competing.

I recommend that all of you just take your time, perhaps work on a few weapons at once. Use the "not fun" weapons (for me it was the KSR-35 and SOAS-20 pre buff) for a while and once you get sick of them switch to something you know you'll enjoy more for a bit (SMG's, or the variety of sniper rifles you've yet to get). If you grind each weapon at a time, it could be more of a chore.

After all, this is all for fun, and I maintain this thread to give you all something to aim for with the current lack of meta out there.
    • Up x 1
  17. Darkelfdruid_LOL

Oh wow... you crazy infiltrators :D

Respect +1 to all that done this.

I am not very eager to start to play with any other snipe than the v10 or starter nc BA would ruin the long distance aim while playing completely HUD - less - took me two months to learn and im just not too sure if it's worth it.

Although amazing stuff you crazy farmers :D
  18. cyb_

I really start to wonder, why so many of you guys and gals do not like the KSR-35, I love it. But then again I liked using the HSR-1 before it. Maybe I am just strange. :)

Any way: happy hunting all! I am still working (very slowly) to complete the challenge.
  19. Stinneyt

I had no idea about what weapons where good/bad, but I wanted to try the SASR and bought the KSR because it felt better in the VR suite.
    Can you describe whats good/bad about it and what sort of situations I might find it better suited to?
  20. LownWolfe

A good situation for a sasr would be assaulting a base I'd say. Where you can be close but not too close. I personally have not used the Impetus/Shadow ( NC SASR) so my opinion is based on hearsay.

I was curious as to time put in as I have 15 days play time and only 3 auraxium medal. I feel I should have more, but maybe I'm just bad and I don't realize it.