The Infiltrator Challenge

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Mustarde, Mar 3, 2013.

1. AnuErebus

The SAS-R/TSAR-42/Ghost is a bolt-action with a fast rechamber time making it ideal for fights where you can quickly and reliably get headshots. An example of a good situation for this is when hiding out under one of the air pads in a hostile tower. The defenders typically stand relatively still if firing over the edge or when hiding behind cover to reload. Lots of immobile/mostly immobile targets makes for easy picking. However the downsides come in direct fights. If you miss that headshot and you're in a fire fight chances are you'll likely die making it not so ideal for direct combat.

The KSR/Impetus/Phantom is more suited to combat where a headshot isn't a guarantee. Think of it as a battle rifle than a sniper rifle. You shoot for the body which in most cases will drop the target in 3-4 hits (The exception being heavies with their shields up). It's a fair bit better than the bolt-actions in direct combat and you actually have a solid chance of winning a fight even if you don't get a headshot.

If you use a lot of different weapons or if you're not in fights which provide a super high kill rate it'll take a lot longer to get individual auraxiums and neither of those directly relate to an individuals skill. 1 kill a minute is a pretty high kill rate, most players are probably around .5 or lower meaning a lot of people will be getting auraxiums after 50-60 hours with a weapon. My TR character has five auraxiums after 26 days of playtime with an average kills per minute of .45 and around 30 used weapons not including vehicles.
  2. Topher

C
    Challenge accepted.
  3. Snipefrag

I think i've broken the back of this now, finished up the Hailstorm last night. Done M77-B, SR7, RAM 50, Hailstorm, 99SV. Done 60% of the HSR-1, 40% of the TSAR-42.. Starting on the SOAS-20 and KSR soon. Should be able to get it done before Christmas, depends on how much free time i get !
    • Up x 1
  4. Kopfauf

Did it! Well if you discount the second/ third gen smgs.
    [IMG][IMG]
    • Up x 1
  5. Get2dachoppa

Gratz!

I still have 4 weapons to go but its taking forever. Over halfway done with the Ghost. Nanoweave certainly isn't helping. Then there's the Spectre, Nyx, and Phantom. I think I've gotten a handle on using the Spectre but the Phantom & Nyx are going to drive me crazy.
  6. Ohforsake

I feel that the Shield Capacitor does more for an Infiltrator than the nanoweave. :D
  7. ZillFattak

Gratz, nice achievement.
    I wish i could bring myself to use the scout rifles or the semi autos but I think I will just stick to bolts. 923 on the TSAR-42. Might auraxium the M77-B afterwards.
  8. Mustarde

Nice job! When I get home from work tonight I'll get you added to the wall on my blog!

What was the hardest weapon to do? Did you learn anything throughout the challenge? What weapons will you go back to using now that it's over?
  9. Kopfauf

Well will use the parallax after I got the Sirius and ns7 auraxium and might even shift to the artemis for my close quarters loadout.
    Definetly the hardest was the ghost, since it was my first auraxium, but from an overall perspective the nyx and phantom were the most hardest. Throughout the challenge I practised my aim and learned to hate nanoweave. Just kidding!
    But I could also see me using the ghost again just for the lolz. Like complaining about it beeing a hitscan weapon... and stuff.
  10. Unclematos7

Are you going to do/did you do the black PDW, gold PDW, and gold Armistice auraxiums?
  11. Kopfauf

Well since I don't know if it is aimed at me, but I will answer it any way. Since the Armistice is a TR SMG it can't be done as vs.
    I'm right now doing the NS-7 auraxium but the 2 reskins, black and gold one, aren't needed to fully complete the challenge.
  12. Mustarde

The purpose of this challenge is to encourage players to make small goals for themselves to keep the game entertaining and challenging, given the lack of a metagame that some of us are longing for. It also is there to allow players to broaden their skillsets and learn how to use a variety of infiltrator weapons.

I would never include cosmetic versions of these weapons, which would exclude all but a rare few who would be willing to spend real cash for a skin of a weapon they already own. As it stands, this can be accomplished as a F2P player using just certs. The certs earned along the way will pay for the next weapon to auraxium.
  13. LownWolfe

I like my guns like I like my men, black
    • Up x 1
  14. Darkelfdruid_LOL

and automatically weapon "locked" from the start......?

:D
  15. DeathSparx

If it's your first time it only takes a couple minutes to get weapons "free"... :D

Plain, Fireh, or Scaley? :rolleyes:
  16. Epicstrat

17. LownWolfe

I don't think that counts, no auraxium with a flare gun or the deep freeze. Those are guns for real men
  18. Epicstrat

Oh c'mon, even Mustarde doesn't have snowball gun araxium... or flare gun for that matter, and he invented this damn challenge.
  19. LownWolfe

ok fine lets call that the Super Duper Infiltrator Challenge
  20. LordDethir

More like high risk shotguns for some people :p