The Heavy needs a rework.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DQCraze, Nov 12, 2015.

1. DeadlyPeanutt

erroneous? implicitly?
    bam!!
    the PS2 literature professor strikes again !

:)
  2. DeadlyPeanutt

true, which is why more and more you see 90% of any battle are heavies...

when you don't have ammo and you never get revived by a medic, this is the issue.
  3. Kumaro

Battles have always been dominated by Heavies(but yeah lately this have increased a lot).
    Only when the pressure is so big on the battle that not even the spawn system can keep up are Medics and Engineers viable/impactful.
    heavy only being rivaled by engineer in play time is an issue. While classes like light assault and infiltrator are left far behind since they rarely can add anything to the battle because of their general design. :/
  4. ColonelChingles

Uh... no, they are purposefully designed with features which enable them to engage in suppressive fire.

That's like saying footballs were designed to bounce. Sure they can bounce, but the features of an American football were purposefully designed for carrying and throwing.

Likewise, LMGs are purposefully designed for suppressive fire in mind. That's why they have the features that they do. Otherwise if you just wanted something that could fire bullets, you could take an assault rifle or carbine instead.
  5. Beerbeerbeer

It's all just lame semantics. Who fires their gun spray and pray to keep heads down? Is that even a thing in planetsude 2 lol? People fire their guns to kill.

LMGs bullets are just as lethal as a carbine, or assault rifle, the only difference being is that LMGs typically have twice the ammo per reload (and a longer reload).
    • Up x 1
  6. Azawarau

Keeping other classes from targets or preventing attacks of various kinds is as important as other class roles

Along with taking out key targets or pushing a line in combat

The issue isnt that heavies do this well. Its that they do it a little too well

Not game breakingly but enough to have many players wanting a change

I do all the time

suppressing fire is important to any large battle
  7. AxiomInsanity87

A little too well is merely an opinion.

Please read the class description.
  8. Imp C Bravo

I just want to use the words that most accurately match what I am thinking.
    I don't mean to sound pretentious or anything and I think you are complimenting me but, sorry if I sound like a ******.:(

I can't even...the logical fallacy is strong with this one. What was the word the other poster used? Strawman argument? What was the phrase I have repeatedly used when dealing with your posts? Unable to separate the game from reality? Head hurts.:confused:

This. Although, to be fair, LMGs are slightly lower DPS making them disadvantaged in 1v1 when a carbine/AR class has cover to pop out of and hide back behind. It's almost like DBG is trying to imply something about how to combat them....:D
  9. AxiomInsanity87

And worse hipfie with much longer reloads.

This keeps lmg's balanced.
  10. Gammit

I agree up to the health kits part.
  11. Azawarau

Ive read the description and i understand its role

My opinion will not change based on this
  12. AxiomInsanity87

Good man

That's that settled then.
  13. Azawarau

Of course it isnt

The extra shield is still too much
  14. Armcross

Me, but more likely sprey and wait for result. Primarily my T7 and duel pounder works well for me. Other guns can some how do this too with proper aim, phasing, and ammo reserves.
  15. JustBoo

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  16. Obscura

Same. There are alot of situations where you will be in an infantry battle and theres a firefight between sets of cover, and there will be enemies on their side of cover taking peek-a-boo shots at you lol. While you probably wont kill them, it's alot better to try and shoot at the spot they poked their head out from than not firing at all until you know you can kill them.
  17. Azawarau

Well thats productive

Anyways the resist shield is fine where it is as of now

The other two are too high.

The mechanic that adrenaline uses to charge is great and id like to see more risk reward heavy play like it
  18. AxiomInsanity87

You're claiming a few extra bullets is too much.

I thought you understood the role.
  19. AxiomInsanity87

Please do not talk about productive while nerf calling.
  20. Azawarau

It makes a huge difference in combat and everyone knows its

Well youre under the assumption that a nerf or sidegrade is bad by default (Or at least youre implying that with this post) and thats not really an intelligent or respectable stance to take

And name calling doesnt make you right. Im not sure between all of the posts but have you had anything to say with substance yet?