The Heavy needs a rework.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DQCraze, Nov 12, 2015.

1. DQCraze

Increase movement speed of other assault units ie. LA and INF by 25% and remove med kits from the Heavies. There is no reason for a Heavy Assault to be able to move at the same speed as other assault units, they carry more ammo, rockets, and have a bigger shield generator.
    • Up x 2
  2. Benton582

Sir, you seem pretty correct in my opinion, but I don't know about forumside, Heavies are truly going faster than they should be....They are supposed to be a fire support class, but this is false, it's a front liner for no reason. They don't even move slower when moving with LMGs and a giant azz rocket launcher on their back, as well as having a *OP ability* to absorb damage, it doesn't really have a downside. Sure, there are movement restrictions, but ONLY on using the ability. And if everyone is a HA, that would be fair, however, I normally see 25% as other classes aside from HA. Every class is important, but this is ludicrous. The early devs neglected this for quite a while on roles. It's really unfair to be a infiltrator and be COMPLETELY unable to kill a unsuspecting heavy and fill him with full SMG fire, but does barely any damage at all. And to remind: HEAVIES ARE MADE FOR SUPPORT, NOT FRONT LINER. Every class is practically BUILT to be a front liner.
  3. RedArmy

HA is just fine - i play engi 90% of the time n have NO problems with them whatsoever
    "Git Gud"
    • Up x 3
  4. hawken is better

5. Disconsented

Make them choose between an LMG or an RL, ez.
  6. ronjahn

Movement speed adjustments isn't the worst idea in the world. I have seen a lot of people asking for it lately and it's a way to nerf HA without butchering the shield.

I wouldn't say take away medkits though. Medkits in general need adjustments. Cool down timer or only being able to carry one at a time would solve a lot of the issues.
    • Up x 2
  7. ronjahn

This does nothing. Majority of players who main HA do so for the shield, not the RL. These people would continue to choose shield and LMG 99% of the time and only switch to RL when the situation calls for it. Making HA make this decision is also a huge buff to maxes because like I said, everyone would be running around with LMG 99% of the time.
    • Up x 1
  8. Exitus Acta Probat

HA isn't made for support, they are the ones you are supporting.

HA was made for frontline fighting, and they excel at it, which they should.

HA can't repair or give ammo, they can't heal or revive, they are not quick responders nor do they excel at flanking, they can't stealth, hack terminals or snipe.

They are frontline fighters, designed to go head to head and take a beating.

I don't play HA so I'm not biased towards them, I just understand their role and don't hate them for it.

Besides anyone can pull a HA, its not like you are limited to one class.
    • Up x 7
  9. CrazyMike

Heavies aren't fat and slow enough, nerf heavies? Why, because you can't catch them in order to knife them in the back while you are cloaked? Well then light assaults and infiltrators take too much damage, nerf light assaults and infiltrators. How about just adapt to the game or try a different approach instead of whining on the forums ?
    • Up x 1
  10. ColonelChingles

Reduce HA LMG ammunition to only a single magazine/box/belt (or maybe an extra magazine if it's one of those dinky ones). Probably have to do something about the BG too.

Reduce HA rocket count to 1.

Remove HA access to self-heal items.

In this way the HA will be good at killing, but it will require constant support to keep killing. Cutting an HA off from support would mean a dead HA very quickly.

Really this is probably how MAXes should have been implemented as well.
  11. Cheetoh

As a squishy medic, I'm jelly.

With that overshield, heavies should be support class repairing, healing, and reviving teammates.
    • Up x 1
  12. Exitus Acta Probat

Though I do think the engineer should have the rocket launcher and the anti-v grenades or at the very least access to them.

I think the C-4 should be removed from medics and give them instead a type of shield that's stationary, maybe like the shield on the engineers anti-inf gun.
  13. TheFlamingLemon

14. RedArmy

lets just all be 10 years old, and create a shield around us that absorbs all damage so we can kill anything.
    now lets complain that other people can do that cuz its an actual class and not just me.
    now lets imagine there are other classes that are available without that shield that can kill FASTER than HA.
    no, we cant do that - cuz HA has that shield so its clearly OP and therefore gamebreaking.... so were gonna focus on HA cuz we keep getting killed by it cuz were 10 n havnt developed any skill yet
  15. Arklancer

Very original thread. 10/10 100/100

We certainly don't have enough "NERF HA" threads nearly all of them with the same misguided complaints for the same misguided reason of thinking all classes are supposed to be equal in a 1v1 no flanking fight compleatly forgetting why the other classes like the LA even have the ability they have. Oh, and that headshots are a thing. Honest. Kappa.
    • Up x 2
  16. Jbrain

I play HA most of the time and to be honest I am so sick of the shield whining I wish they would just take it from us and give us a slightly stronger personal shield or something. If they nerfed Ha in any other way we would just be cert piñatas for the tanks, air bombs and maxes. I think a lot of the hate toward ha comes for the fact when people lose a fight to ha they just assume o well its HA so I cant win.. in other words its in your head.. I find that good players kill ha just fine and when I don't play ha I kill enemy ha myself just fine. The op asking for movement nerfs is just silly as well we have to be able to compete , making us slow would just addff

But the constant crying for us to be nerfed into oblivious is frustrating and it would kill my desire to play the game.. I always play the all around soldier/assault types in shooters. I find it ironic too that people constantly whine about ha when snipers kill us infantry players more than any other class/item in the game. I don't know where to get the info but I would wager snipers have killed me more than any other unit. But no one complains much even though snipers are able to do it from a distance that rarely puts them in harms way. Heavies are supposed to be heavy, were the ones trying to keep tanks and air from spawn camping us.. looking for stealth campers and other jobs that we need to do in order to completely objectives.

I hope they remove ha shield... cause when your still owned whats the excuse going to be then ? Its funny because as a ha player I find the shield to be almost useless..it allows 1 second more fire maybe.. but the real reason I use it at all is to help fight the 80 tanks shooting our spawn. but really I think ha is fine.. aim for head and ha is so ez.
  17. RedArmy

i forget to turn mine on 75% of the time n still do fine
    • Up x 1
  18. DQCraze

Simple physics, More mass slower movement. Its not whining its reasonable, show me another fps where the heavy class doesnt have slower movement. Same reason why an aircraft carrier doesnt go 200 knots in the water.
    • Up x 2
  19. DQCraze

I didnt say nerf damage, or nerf shield, i said take away the med kits and make the other assault classes 25% faster. Engi and medic will move the same as a heavy.
  20. Foxirus

1. The heavy assault can heal itself, Thats it healing.
    2. The heavy assault can move as fast as any other class when not using the shield, It can respond just as fast as any other.
    3. You are right, The Heavy Assault is not an infiltrator.
    4. Actually the heavy is primarily meant to be an infantry Anti Armor unit, It is here so that players have a defense against armor that doesn't excessively rely on Nanites.

5. You don't play heavy assault and you don't understand its role.