The Dervish Heavy Fighter

Discussion in 'Official News Feedback' started by Mithril, Jun 14, 2021.

1. VV4LL3

I agree, it's basically a weaker, easier to hit, slower, less armed, less versatile, with unknown utility -- Air Harasser.

If the LIBERATOR is being used as an Anti Air, this thing, as is, doesn't stand a chance.

The VALK is more versatile, higher survivability, and offers more damage with a full compliment of strikers/engineers.

The video shows a sluggish, low maneuverable platform easily out performed by ESF'--The core requirement of an air superiority platform. This is not an air superiority fighter. It will constantly be contested, and out performed by ESF's and the Valk and Lib teams.

AS IS, without further capabilities to supplement the poor performance: This is a solution in search for a problem.
  2. VV4LL3

To be at all competitive in the Air Domain, this platform needs to address the tenets of Air Superiority above, that in its current demonstrated state--Does not.

Improvements and Considerations:
    1. Must be able to out repair and damage a Valk fully loaded with Engineer and SAM Strikers.
    2. Must be able to out maneuver or outpace ESF.
    3. Must be able to deliver more damage A2A than a Valk fully loaded with SAM Strikers, and/or a belly-up Liberator.
    4. Must be able to deliver notable damage from a far to engage Larger Targets, e.g. Bastion, Galaxy, without entering into threat range, like the Liberator.
    5. Must be able to have more survivability than a Valk fully loaded w/ Engineer and Fire Suppression.
    6. Must be able to deliver more capability than Valk with Radar and Engineer with Detection Darts.
    7. Must be able to fend off Air Platforms without being a huge, slow, target, and be able to take a hit.

Potential Solutions easy to develop:
    Give multiple "funciton/ ability" where as the gunner is able to use their "ability" in addition to the pilot.

Pilot Abilities:
    1. Blink Utility: Allow the pilot to blink the aircraft in any direction with current momentum. Instantly teleporting.
    2. Active Stealth: Allow the pilot to engage in active camoflage, visible stealth like the infiltrator for short periods. Similar cert enhancements, e.g. not moving doesn't take energy.

Gunner Abilities:
    3. Shields: Give active shield that works in similar fashion like the Heavy Infantry, NOT the defector shield.
    4. Repair: Allow the gunner to use the fire suppression feature.

Just a few solutions to really give people a reason to subscribe and/or pick NSO aircraft.
  3. VV4LL3

Just finished play testing -- the Dervish, as is, is severely underwhelming. Given the proposed changes to remove rumble seat repair on the Valk, there are concerns with my above Improvements and Considerations post. Revised as below:

Improvements and Considerations:
    1. Must be able to out repair and damage a Valk fully loaded with Engineer and SAM Strikers. (N/A)
    2. Must be able to out maneuver or outpace ESF. (FAIL)
    3. Must be able to deliver more damage A2A than a Valk fully loaded with SAM Strikers, and/or a belly-up Liberator. (FAIL)
    4. Must be able to deliver notable damage from a far to engage Larger Targets, e.g. Bastion, Galaxy, without entering into threat range, like the Liberator.(MARGINAL)
    5. Must be able to have more survivability than a Valk fully loaded w/ Engineer and Fire Suppression. (FAIL)
    6. Must be able to deliver more capability than Valk with Radar and Engineer with Detection Darts. (FAIL)
    7. Must be able to fend off Air Platforms without being a huge, slow, target, and be able to take a hit. (FAIL)

Aircraft abilities -- nothing new.
    Ejection Seat, Flak, Fire Suppression, Radar, ... will not update until Test Server Live again...

Performance note: Aircraft has baseline Afterburners and High-G Airframe descend. Ascending is still relatively slow and does not match the High-G Airframe cert rate. The rapid descent is useful when being chased and performing low-altitude ground reference maneuvers, as is the larger, high-damage top cannon--but not to be overshadowed by the poorly performing afterburner that caps out at 300 km/h for 3 sec and terrible physics, large obscene hull that easily clips structures causing an uncontrolled "UFO" spin.

Overall the Dervish handles worse than a Maneuver Certed Galaxy, or Valk, and will easily be out performed by ESF's, or a mediocre skilled Liberator Team.
  4. Naduron2

4 ***** today, **** Yes!, **** yes finaly NS is getting air after so many ******* years, **** yes i can have extra player in mine NS ESF, **** i love that design.
  5. FlyBoyBooms

Flying pancake's go BOOM
    • Up x 1
  6. ColdTurkie

Sooo.... I'm fine with it being like it is now my issue comes when u actually wanna aim at an target in the pilot seat whether it be ground or air trying to adjust ur aim with the A and D keys often end up with you skipping the target entirely. It feels like the speed in which the vehicle yaw to the left and right is faster or something which results in u completely skipping over targets. This pretty much makes it pretty useless for pilots to actualy try the other weapons etc because u cant even hit your targets reliably. Either at a gimbal turret like the spur or slow that bad boi yaw speed a little
    • Up x 1
  7. VV4LL3

I wrote several very thoughtful posts about requirements and concerns of this platform. It appears those assessments have and are being validated with the complaints on this thread.