The daily silo experience thread. Post your screenshots / results

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AuricStarSand, Dec 26, 2021.

1. Pat22

Yep, he said it himself, he wants a base built by a solo player to be such a force multiplier that it can stop a full 48-man platoon. That is an insane expectation.
    The current form of bases are MUCH closer to balance than his 'ideal' view of it.
  2. AuricStarSand

I'd woop your guy's silo's, solo. As the attacker. You'd still only reply to my defense based theories, even after I destroyed your silo too easily. At the very least, the hassle I deliver, wouldn't be worth the harvest / build grind. Which is unlikely to happen, as I'd most likely solo destroy, you & your " friends ". Then after this happens, you reply on here about how I just needed to build better, is the reason, on why I stomped both of your silo's solo?

Ye if I found destroying enemy silo's as hard to do, then your side wins this debate. Yet it's not hard, it's super easy. So no wrong. Silo's are easy to attack, easy to destroy. Hard to defend solo, hard to ask people to defend like watchdogs waiting for a tank to show. Or to sit around in vehicles waiting for ninja's or turret killers to appear. Plus getting teammates to never leave or redeploy. Ye right. It's not like attackers, just die once & stop, they often keep trying. Till that pain spire falls, from enemy flash's or HA launchers, or w/e they are determined to take down. Or worst, " snipe ".

Already replied to why base design isn't the issue.
    Just tell me where your silo is at, even if I don't solo attack, your silo. Recruiting a pub squad to deploy on my sunder to attack your silo, is x100 times easier to do. Than getting that same pub squad to redeploy from an infantry farm region, to sos / defend my silo on the moment. Or get allies to wait at my silo, waiting for enemy tanks to siege it. They won't wait. What pub member waits for that, 47 out of 48 guys won't wait for that. Yet 48 guys will attack your silo on the front line. So yes I should be able to defend up to that amount of pressure.

Besides enemies took 10 seconds to grab those tanks, or infantry spawn nearby my silo. I took 48 mins to build or harvest, or do other related stuff / recon. So 48 of them, reduced by 10 sec vehicle pulls or infantry spawns = they all still spent less time than I did, potentially. So who gives a ____ about 48 of those guys, who had zero grind. Who gives a hoot if they had a spend a few minutes longer to destroy my stuff & if my turrets destroyed a few more of their tanks. Well I do. My silo's should & they don't.

My attacking experience is 2 hours at best, my defense experience is 300 hours or so. Still; I'm able to solo attack way more effectively, than I'm able to solo defend. " Solo " defending ant vets should be as useful as solo attacker vets, & they aren't. The attacker vet either outshines the defending vet, or at least bothers them enough, while having to do less grind. Also I'd be able to get pub platoons to spawn on sunders to attack, more effectively. > Than I'm ever able to get a pub platoon to spawn while yelling for sos as the ship sinks.
  3. AuricStarSand

Lastly, reply'ers are acting like I haven't built with teammates, allies, 1 ant ally, 2 ant allies, 3 ant friends, & so on. I have. Built with Americans, Australians, & the Chinese. & When our allied group project gets steamrolled & I'm yelling about it. The few ants who helped build, 1 of them has pm'ed something like this to me, " Just let it go ". However letting it go, won't help. This forum post may.

Not every ant wants to be a mega pub platoon leader or zerg outfit leader, just to survive for longer than 1 min. Right? Even if you're the best leader on the server, you may not want to be taxed with that extra task. Just to play ant. Overall I'm sure if you built on the front line, more leaderless uncoordinated people would attack you, more likely than a uncoordinated person is to stay & defend for you.

Simply for the fact that the skyshield gravitates attackers visually, more than it gravitates defenders. I know attackers see a skyshield & want to start shooting walls. Tho most allies don't see a sky shield as something to gravitate toward, for exp reasons. You get exp attacking items, you don't get exp defending items. A random player killing a module earns him exp, a random ally defending your module doesn't earn him module defense exp.
  4. Pat22

You say hassle, I say you're feeding my K/D for about 45 minutes without ever coming close to destroying my base solo.
  5. AuricStarSand

Highly doubt it. Your modules would be on fire. Turrets would be sniped. Hidden Flail glaive outpost would rain down on your silo. A magrider would finish the rest off. Cloaked sunder with infil cortium bombs, that I'd repeat 30 runs of.

A pub platoon, " hey guys help destroy this silo, spawn here ", via deployment shield sunder behind a rock. With c4 fairy smoke nades defending sunder, as a pub squad destroys all your modules & spires. Or just pull a collosus with solo outfit, or recruit a new outfit, & double pocket os the base. While knowing how to dodge all turrets & spires.

Scout rifle shoot you while you try building placement 10 times. Liberator shooting at side angles. Lots of ways to destroy. I haven't met a tough silo to destroy, or at least bother enough for it to not be fun for the enemy builder. Not that I've wanted to attack silo's much. Still easier than trying to keep my turrets standing. Destroy or bother their grind harvest time, while stuff slowly falls apart. Either way it's easier to do solo, attacking is, than defending solo is. However if without allies & defending solo? I highly doubt it, unless you're some extreme esf pro.

Theirs also just lowering someones morale or enjoyment of a class, so they want to play that class a little less next time. A attacker troll, may have that effect, on a defending ant, over time. Over many lost silo's. So even if the dual is equal. We are not equal, I the attacker, had zero grind time. You the defender, had to grind 1st for ___ amounts of time. Also who's to say every base gets attacked when its fully built? Maybe you get attacked, while your silo just started.

I'll build with some rocks behind me. Limiting where I build, till updates. Throw all walls forward. Even then my AV turret is gonna lose to a MBT, even if manned. So idk. I'll bring a tank, if not outnumbered. Man ye ant defense shouldn't be limited to outfit leaders, thus the buff.
  6. AuricStarSand

Didn't they just work on the " New Player Experience " update? Via September 2021. Why?

Now Oshur's theme. Ant game play is the least friendly newer player experience, ps2 offers. Two allies / 2 people building, is never enough. To save the fort.

P.s. Wait no, I'd say for sure 3 ant builders / harvesters. Is not enough people to defend a behind or front line silo. I know that for a fact. Most of the time. 3 ally ant's is not enough. Sometimes 3 is enough for behind the line & other times 3 allies is not enough for behind line silos. That's a fact. 4 now. hmm. 4 may be enough to defend behind line silo's. Tho how often do you have 4 ant's? Really? not often for me. The real front line has a pub squad of enemies showing up to your doorstep, randomly. So. 4 is not enough for that. Your base may fair 2 mins, when attacked, it falls, rip for all front line silos with 3 to 4 friends. So then 5 to 6+ allies, is the real answer to how many freaking friends you need to " averagely " defend a front line silo 5 to 6+ allies, or more. 5 at the least for front line silo's. How often does a outfit have 5 to 6+ loyal guard dogs? Not often. End of story.
  7. RabidIBM

"Oooohhh, I absolutely coooooooouuuullld destroy anyone else's PMB but I just don't because I'm soooooo generous and awesome" or you know you couldn't and are trying to spin some BS to justify not being tested. That way you don't have to face up to the fact that your use of the construction system has far more wrong with it than the construction system. Keep living in your fantasy world if you really want to dude, just know that you're not fooling anyone.
  8. AuricStarSand

Welp. Ant's need less to do, than replying to salt reply'ers, about who builds better debates. Tho ye list your location on a weekend evening, if I must prove that me solo or my pub platoon will steamroll your design. Just so I may possibly, have more proof, to get a buff.

If I have to take attacker photo's, to go with the defender photos. I bet the attacker photo's, won't have prior grind time needed. Even if some enemy, only destroys a few modules or pain spires, that takes time to harvest. If they invade your base, that takes time to duel them, while your silo drains.

You're also suggesting with this duel setup debate; aka " me verses your silo's ". Subliminally suggesting while setting this duel, that pub defenders are as plentiful, as pub attackers. Suggesting that, if you bring friends. Not really if we 1vs1. Tho if we do my 2 pub squads / half sized platoon (with only half of them showing to attack = 1 squad of pub attacker). So my 1 squad verse your " friends ". That seems unnatural, like were expecting each other tho. So in reality, would your " friends " stay to defend? In reality, would my pub squad deploy to attack? Depends.

Like I've said before, easier to get my pub platoon / squad to sunder spawn to attack silo's. > Than it is to get them to sunder spawn to defend silo's. So how idk how you weigh out the random occurrence, aspect of all this. Of who's to defend or attack, when it's not planned as a duel? Naturally. Is it an equal ratio? Are pub attackers, equal to pub defenders, in population numbers of interest?

Also who's to say you're always around your silo? Or do you want to always have to be, always guarding your silo? If stuff gets a automation buff, than that free's every ant's hands, to multi-task. Right now guarding 24/7, allows for less multi-tasking. Harvesting nodes aren't always nearby, so you have to leave for that. Some nodes are far enough, to destroy some stuff, every time you leave. At least sniper turrets down, every time you leave.

If not worst - hidden glaive / flail (which I haven't tried much glaive flail gameplay yet, tho plenty of people have glaive / flailed me before). I personally find the glaive annoying & the flail is fine. The flail is only bothersome, with the glaive. Tiny enemy orbital strike outposts, shouldn't be allowed to have glaives. Only non-os silo's, should be allowed to have the glaive.

P.s. Till then, how about I take before & after photos; of (regretfully) easily attacking other enemy faction silo's? Before being their full build & after being nothing left but sand.
  9. Pat22

Nope, I keep my modules protected. Turrets are not necessary for the defense of my bases. You can only fire either the Flail or the Glaive at any one time as a single player so the damage such an outpost can do it quite limited. And a tank cannot do any significant form of damage to my bases. Neither can infil cortium bombs.

That's been my argument the whole time. A platoon SHOULD be able to destroy a base.
    A Colossus, like any other tank, cannot do any significant damage to my bases.
    Double pocket OS is an immense waste of resources.

Scout rifle won't do much good unless you're attacking me before the base is built, which is not the argument you've been making.
    Liberator, like tanks, cannot do any significant damage to my bases.

I would always, ALWAYS rather defend a base solo than attack a base solo. The defender has a HUGE advantage, and the better the base is built, the better the advantage.

Additionally, my bases consume very little cortium. A full silo will easily last over an hour. Cortium drain is not something I worry about.
  10. Botji

A single tank would struggle to get through the walls but I have to question how you can say your modules are defended while at the same time not being vulnerable to Trollbombs.

Unless you live in your fairly pointless base made up of walls and little else you dont really have enough warning to respond to a single attacker going for your base, especially if it has no turrets. The spawn tube would be dead before you get a chance to spawn on it and the first 2 perhaps 3 Trollbombs would already have time to explode before you make it back to the base, though with nothing in the base perhaps they wouldnt bother attacking it either.

Anyways just a word of caution if you see a single Lightning coming for your base, hope its not a Skyguard because it WILL dismantle your walls. Surprisingly its probably what a Skyguard does best, kill PMBs. Fortunately for builders Skyguards are not that common.
  11. Pat22

The alarm module will warn you when enemies are in the region. The alarm module will warn you when the turrets are being taken down. If you choose to ignore it and not go check out what's happening at your base, I'd argue you deserve that cortium bombing infil wearing down the outer defenses and then making his way into the vulnerable parts of your base.

I'm not going to argue that my base, left alone, is indestructible. Quite the contrary, I think a 2-man valk drop could probably take out the spawn tube and important modules before I can respond, but probably not an infil trying to walk his way in past the turrets and pain field.

No single tank can take down your walls. I doubt a skyguard could do it even if left alone, but even if it could, it certainly can't with someone actively defending. ( hilarious though that it's better at killing buildings than aircraft )
  12. Botji

Alarm module warns you when they are within 100m of it, it takes 10 seconds to redeploy and then another 10 seconds to spawn on the tube.

You dont think someone dropping into the base from a Valk/ESF has enough time to do pretty much whatever they want in those 20 seconds? and thats if you notice the message right away and react instantly to it. Infils/paradrops dont bother with your outer or inner defenses, they just run to your modules/tube and either put a bomb down or spray it down with small arms since the tube is ridiculously vulnerable to it.. most LMGs can take it down without reloading and thats with a repair module on it as well so even a SMG/Carbine is more than enough to destroy them though takes some reloads to do it.

Yeah, Skyguards actually have a respectable DPS at close range, its just a really drawn out DPS ;)
    70 bullets per reload and each does 200 damage and fires 8 per second = 1600 DPS.. ofc there are resistances so they probably only do 20% or something against things like walls but thats still 320 DPS, much more damage than a single engineer can repair.
    Try it some time, its even decent against the infantry in the base and any air they might pull but obviously really weak if they have a ground vehicle terminal but most bases only have a air terminal so Skyguard goes wieeeeeeeee!
  13. Pat22

As I stated, a perfect paradrop could in fact take out my base if no one's there to defend it, but less likely an infil could because I build my bases in such a way that an infiltrator walking in would have to spend a lot of time in a pain field.

And even then, a couple prox mines could shore up the slight weakness one could exploit and buy me enough time to redeploy to the base.

As for the Skyguard, I don't need to outrepair its DPS, I just need to pop the Structure shields and laugh at it while it does zero damage and I repair everything. Meanwhile, it's stuck outside the base walls and open to retaliatory fire.
  14. AuricStarSand

Huh? *Futurama Fry meme* Not sure if you made good points, or just wanted to say the opposite of everything I wrote.
    Lets reply 1 sentence at a time.

- " You keep your modules protected " .. ok.. ? Obviously I have a picture of like 10 enemy infantry raiding my mega silo, that had 3 AI turrets or 4 AI turrets & 9 pain spires. Yet they all walked past, more walls than most people build. They danced around my pain spire - that was the Hossin hill silo I have photo's of. They destroyed everything, they os'ed prior to the infantry raid, tho still 3/4th was left as I had 2 skyshields. They just ran around HA launchering the AI modules for the AI turret. Rip base. Next I dueled a vet enemy infil, at the mega rock base silo. I had that Indar rock base silo, for 3 hours of a ghosttown. Yet within those 3 hours, a enemy vet infil raided me for 20+ deaths worth. He then solo destroyed a allied ants silo modules & stuff, nearby. I fought him 1st 20 times. While dueling a enemy infil, you have zero time to harvest for minutes at a time, per time he starts destroying your spires. I have successful fought off, sunder bus's worth of enemies & won solo. Fought off 2 vet enemy infils who built flails or were pro at killing me.

Many troll enemy infils are stupid vets. The worst kind of vet; the troll silo killer. Also cortium bomb still does 80% damage to a repair module & all modules near it. So they can finish them off with pistols, while your away harvesting. Or by other means / multiple runs of bombing / multiple people who bomb together. A shop knife that can solo dmg your bunkers, till your bunkers are on smoke & are destroyed. A NC vet had that knife. Or HA launcher your pain spires. Or a fury flash infil shoots your stuff, depending on the location. A lot of you guys with photo's build with your sunder garage, used as a wall. I started doing that to use that garage item, as a AV wall. However any infantry, is able to walk through your gates & sunder garage shields. You forgot to mention, time it takes you fight off a enemy cloaked sunder bus. If you even find it to begin with.

- " Turrets are not necessary the defense of a base " you said. Yes, turrets should be the main defense. If you have to use vehicles or infantry as the main defense, than I should just go play those classes or vehicles & not use the items at all then. 1 AV turret protects around 15 to 20 items. 2 AV turrets guard up to 40 items. Yet the AV turrets are sniped in 40 seconds. *drops microphone* that sentence right there, should deserve a 40%+ buff to silo's.

- " A Collosus won't do significant damage to your base " This is where I have to ask if your just trying to say the opposite. I have a photo posted already, on this thread.. of a collosus shooting it's ability at my MEGA esamir silo, built with 3 alts & 2 allies who added afew items or mainly harvested. Wasn't even drawing attention, was low pop hours, behind the enemy line far behind the front line, & I didn't have a os drawing attention, nor was it a revenge raid. Ye he had enemy vehicle support (yet all collosus have vehicle support, or should) & was multiple collosus. Still with only 1, the 4 alt base fell. The turrets dropped before I was even able the run over to the 1st turret to repair. 2 mins or less for 20 walls or gates to be destroyed. Overall; A pro vet lightning can solo you & your friend's design. For sure only takes 1 prowler, to solo destroy all your stuff.

- " Scout rifle is bad if they kill while building ". Ye well, dying while building is a possibility that happens quite often. Who says the enemy only shows, when you want them to? A toast to all the times, you died repeatably, when started to build. Sometimes you may get unlucky & have 2 starter silo's destroyed, before ever finishing one. Scout rifle kill time is 1 sec. There's no time to reply. I posted about how op some scout or sniper rifles are. The vet using the rifle, knows how to avoid pain spire or ai turret. AI turret you just hide behind objects or walls. Pain spire you just walk around it. Done. Any BR 40 knows how to do both of those things. & They dodge your stuff all year, every year.

- " The defender has a advantage " your modules getting bombed, pain spires getting launchered, skyshield getting glaive os'ed, & turrets getting tank sniped. Is a advantage? I mean the walls are good enough & buildings. lol Just not everything else mentioned. Even repair module, may need a few more regen % +.

On Indar for the mega rock silo, I built. The nearby allied hillside outpost, my allied friends built 40 yards from my base. These 4 allies, built a small outpost near my mega silo, they brought a collosus with them. Even with the collosus parked nearby their silo, with 4 allies. That 1 pro enemy Infil, who I fought off 20 times. He left my mega silo, to harasser the 4 allies. On the hill nearby. The enemy infil harassed them for 1 hour, he destroyed all their modules multiple times solo, he killed them many times as a Infil, he made their outpost decay. Their walls decayed. They had to rebuild their outpost multiple times, even when it had green silo resources initialy. So no. My experience & mega silo took 20 deaths to ward him off, from the both of us. The end of the story is this; 1 allied collosus parked nearby your silo, with 4 friends, < may still get all wrecked by 1 enemy pro troll Infil.

- " 2 OS is a waste of resources " 2 os happen, when anymore than 10 people ever built a mega silo, near a huge farm battlefield. It's not a waste as usually the people using them are the top 3 outfit zerg squad leads. So they may earn 2 nukes in 2 hours (more or less). Meanwhile how often do I see 10+ people working together to build a silo; people whom don't normally play ant's. How often do I see that? Like once per 20 days. So that one time, per 20 days, that 10 non ant mains, decide to build together, during a big fight. Some fool who farmed their outfit for 2 hours, pocket os's their mega silo. & those people try that mega front line silo build spontaneity less.

- " Your silo doesn't drain as much as others " I've mentioned before that my non-os silo ,was draining at essentially 1,000 cortium per minute. = having to harvest every 2 or 3 minutes. Which if your building, then your harvesting, then it drains while your building. So then you have to harvest again again. For example; If you were" dueling " me, or if I was attacking anyone's silo. They're not going to have ANY time to harvest I KNOW that for sure. Or you're not going to have the time. You can make all these claims about defending your modules. Tho the 1 thing you can't tell me, is that your going to have time to harvest; if we ever had a hypothetical 1vs1. You're 100% for sure, going to have zero harvest time.

Meanwhile whither your modules or entire base is destroyed, that's just a theory debate till proven. Attacking is easy 1 lane focus, defending requires multi-tasking. Attacking pub squads do,easily. Yet guards who sit in tanks by walls, as defenders? Pubs don't tank sit walls, like that. Which is what silo's defense needs. AV that sits & waits. No pub is going to sit & wait, in a lightning, at a wall, for enemy vehicles to show. Pubs are way more likely to vehicle roam, to find a silo walls to destroy. Than they are to tank babysit the wall.

Fixing 1 issue, doesn't mean the boat isn't still sinking from the other hole in the boat.
    - AV items for silos are too weak / anti sniping / 4k+ more hp for AV turret / more AV items
    - 10 item OS glaive outposts, shouldn't be able to 1 shot 40 item non-os silos.
    - AI turret & pain spire don't ward off enemy infils
  15. Aelloon

To those saying that bases are defensible: how do you find a stalker infiltrator somewhere around your base? Because that's what you're doing as the defender. All the attacker has to do is put the glaive on target and then stalker infil spam flail at your base. If you don't find him your base is dead.

Now imagine if 3 guys do it at the same time to you while there's other fighting going around at the same time.
    • Up x 1
  16. Botji

If its one then its easy, you just wait for the sound of either their cloak or the beacon/targeting gun and go find them.
    If its more than one then it can be really hard because the constant barrage of loud sounds of the artillery covers the cloak/targeting gun...
  17. iller

Pretty much no point to construction after this Update. I'm thinking of just dropping the game for good finally.
    (...a shame really, after spending 9 straight years here...)
  18. AuricStarSand

Amen. True.

If I even find the 1st guys flail. I've viewed the projectile direction, from looking above. Used ESF's to scout the area, of that direction. & sometimes still don't find the enemy flail. Sometimes you can't figure out which direction the flail is arriving from, to even begin esf'ing in the 1st place. You're also trying to repair stuff, while figuring that out. Then he's flailing your base, while your trying to find or drive to his flail. If he's already zero'd on you, your stuff is dead, before you drive half way to his flail.

I haven't used the flail much, tho it seems fun. The flail is fine without the glaive. It's the glaive, that's the real problem. For smaller silo's that wreck bigger silo's, too easily. The glaive should be limited to silo's with 20 items at least, meaning a friend had to add some items. Or some other method to nerf the glaive, or make it limited to non-os silos. 2 to 4 skyshields, shouldn't die to 1 glaive.
  19. AuricStarSand

[IMG]

Photo: 60 vs surrounding 48 tr. When tr made a tiny silo, near the nc warpgate. 3 faction farm battlefield, yesterday. I liked this photo. (thy smoke nade. ye vs won, they mostly had some tough sunders, not many items. tho I told tr via /yell that their platoon was good)

Replying to thread: I've built 114 silo's, I'm guessing. Since I've added 14 to this thread, via 1 months time. This thread hasn't addressed if we're talking about front line silos or behind the line?

80% of my 114 silo's are behind the line. I don't build OS's most of the time. Why behind the line then? So I don't get smoked. Or somewhere in between (medium range), yet rarely building the front line. So 80 remote silo's & 34 front ish line silo's. I've mostly been talking about behind the line silo weakness. If I was talking about front of the line weakness, I would be asking for huger buffs, that would sound insane.

They're 2 entirely different experiences. The front line may kill your silo, before you even build your 1st wall or turret, then they kill your ant. & you have to regrab a new ant. May happen a 2nd time, just like that. For the front line. While the behind line silo, may have that happen less often. So it's like telling 2 entirely different tales & weighing out the health points of items, based on 2 entirely different tales.

Behind the line most likely 1 to 3 tanks will show to destroy your silo, maybe 8 vehicles if unlucky. Front of the line silo, an entire enemy platoon may destroy your silo. Allied zerg outfits redeploy all the time, leaving your silo defenseless for 10 mins, maybe 30+ min. Silo gameplay should be built for the solo player. Solo is the main highlight factor & not this whole " I need friends theory, when these niche friends are online to help me defend ". No. If people help, sure, awesome. A bonus. Tho it shouldn't be needed. At the very least I know ant gameplay is for outfits only & not for pub platoons, not for pub squads either. Mainly just for outfits.

(Not every ant, wants to ask allies for anything. Yet random people show, to attack your stuff.)
  20. AuricStarSand

Reply'ers have highlighted or put emphases with inviting allies, having friends, or needing to be a outfit leader to play the ant. So instead of those statements. How about someone else lists the opposite. Other than me.

" Reasons for why allies won't / will not, redeploy to help defend, your silo, that's being assaulted? " List reason.

Oshur's, Ymir like open build point areas may help. Other alert planets, have less point build areas. Ymir rarely gets defenders, if you build there usually fyi. While allied zerg outfits, are still redeploying on Oshur. They redeploy to farm outfit resources elsewhere, every 10 to 30 min. Leaving you defenseless to the enemy zerg outfit.

Overall proud of the new island battles, gj, just waiting to build.
    Won't build till buff.

1 day till Oshur. & 1 year waiting for my bases,
    to not be free food.