The daily silo experience thread. Post your screenshots / results

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AuricStarSand, Dec 26, 2021.

1. RabidIBM

Oh! Is that how the world works? The fact that I was able to speak to others and that they were replying to me doesn't matter, it's the fact that you accused me first that makes reality happen! Mind=blown!...or you were ignoring me because you don't want to put the effort in to improve and you're now trying to find a way to blame me for that.
  2. AuricStarSand

Didn't hear you talk for 30 mins, & left. Heard first 2 mins. For whatever reason, mute accusation or voice error. You wrote 8 paragraphs about it, trying to use it to debunk my pl / building wisdom and here we are now. I wasn't gonna write about that silo. When your already ignoring my building wisdom from the get-go, by trying to act like the only expert. From the start of the " team theme ". Someone who built 111 silos+, isn't gonna harvest for you to decide where to put stuff, less officially agreed.

Why would the main builder want to add to someones base, when their acting like the base is their private silo. Nobody was asked to vote on the location or if they want their stuff deleted. Not me, nor the other 3 harvesters/builders. The reasons for deleting are half true, the labyrinth theory, only half. Yet I am the best x4 smoke nade c4 fairy, so dealing with 3+ vehicles outside of a silo is the main problem, personally. Not so much if 1 vehicle finds a way inside. Most the time no1 vehicle find a way inside, it's the range podshots wrecking my turrets which are the main problem. As deleting isn't a problem, it's just a preference debate. You like things neat & I just want to build a big silo, preference. Only a problem if not voted on, before driving over, or made clear. Maybe or most likely, woulda stayed if voice was working (heard squad too, & saw ur name when you talked) .Went along for the ride, got uninspired at the 30% mark. Shoulda built mid with AlisVS.
  3. AuricStarSand

I suppose communication is more key, than building advice.

Or written voting methods, prior to the 1st, silo. Forget about that silo, round 2, if ever a round 2 silo.
    I should have just built my own silo nearby. Like the other dude did.

Yet you being picky & no mic working... it was destined to fail, for just those 2 reasons. They don't work together. Your building pickness, requires translation. So whoever muted who, or voice error, should be the main blame of that silo. Not the neat placement or unwillingness to defend.

Either way, TR would stormed Berjess ( & they did ) vs's 6 allies Verses 12 - 48 enemies. Or that's the average area's attention, when they want to all cross that bridge. Per alert / on average. Idk how you defend against 12 - 48, with 4 - 6 allies. Tho gl with that. I'm building 1 alt bases on the front line more, Berjess wasn't front line, tho it does give more time to build.

Regardless Wildtards outfit, wasn't going to or usually isn't going to help aid the squad's double silo Berjess area, that fact is still true. Just 1 half sized allied pub squad, to defend 1 SE flank of the map region. Idk how near to a 48vs48 fight, I need to get, to be safe, yet have pub allies randomly show. Their needs to be more reason, to bring allies to defend allied silo's, without asking them to.
  4. Botji

Currently the only way to get any decent number of defenders is to (ab)use the location where you build the base.

The one I posted is a perfect example of that, its almost a wide open base with a single front but it works because of the terrain and the location is where allies have to go when attacking, so they 100% will pass through the base = defenders.

The only negative thing that specific location has is that the connecting base is a open hex meant to be built on which usually means there is a decent risk that the enemies will take it for free and then come for the hex you have built in and are defending which can result in 0 allies spawning in your hex(because they did not attempt to defend the open hex) leaving you/your base to hold for long enough that allies notices the push, usually the faction does notice but sometimes it doesnt and the base is just rolled over.

So imo if a base is to get defenders there is only 1 thing that matters, the path your faction will take to go to the next objective. Bonus survivability if its between two actual bases since that usually ensures that there are defenders coming from the failed base defense to the next one down the line, and there you are ready to support them as they drive out with their tanks and Sundies for the usual counter attack that happens when a base falls.

Layout doesnt matter as long as its not disrupting the supposed defenders, even just a Skyshield and a single wall will get more help to defend it if its in a good location compared to a 'perfect' base that is located out in the wilderness.... and for Planetmans the wilderness could be 100m away from the main road they are driving on, too far away, they are going to the next base while all the enemies they are hearing are occupied with the PMB! Wroom wroom!
  5. RabidIBM

Just a PSA to any Connery builders: It's Tuesday and that means tanks tonight. Tipsy Tanker Tuesday might come to your base for a permit inspection, so build at your own risk.
  6. AuricStarSand

To finish replying to the previous subject, to move to the next. Anyone's who's built 60 to 80 silo's or more, is a " Master Builder ". & master builder's, if building as allies. Should simply build next to 1 another & not share silo's. Instead each have a apprentice who helps you build or at least harvest. Then get +1 more ally for a third silo, who has a ally too. That way, item debates won't happen. So 3 triangle silo's. 6 people. 1 master builder / 1 apprentice, 1 master builder / 1 apprentice, & 2 mid tier ant's. = 6 people. 1 mb brings a light pub platoon & 1 mb asks the allied zerg outfit for sos.
  7. AuricStarSand

1) 1 person base Indar
    [IMG]

2)
    1 person base Amerish
    [IMG]

3)
    1 person base Hossin
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Fate of 1,2, & 3? I just got bored after building them, to further harvest more, for them. Simple as that, or wanted to play infantry / see movie. Ye I'll write more about harvest grind later. Sometimes picking the location is the funnest part.

4)
    Allied fellow ant's silo / not mine, that I added building items to. Stormed by TR vehicles. [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

5)
    A silo vs 3 ant friends, with mic's. Built near the lil TI bridge, during the grey zone, prior to a alert. Obviously 3 defenders isn't enough verse all that armor. Most of VS is nearby the tower, not helping.[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

8. AuricStarSand

6) Esamir boulder area. Near Echo Valley. Ultimately, I had a duel repairing my AV turret verse a prowler with halberd gunner. I lost the duel even when repairing. So I'll also be writing about turret weakness again.[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

7) Gourney Road (today's silo). Raided by infantry. However I was tired of harvesting, right after I was done building. Used 1 alt & this main, only. They did OS me, prior to the photos of fighting infantry. It was fun killing 6 of them, as smg infil. Yet I was mainly trying to take a photo, so they shot me, easily. heh.

Harvesting I foundout at this silo, without a OS (I didn't have a OS). Still, it was losing 15 cortium per second = 900 cortium per 1 minute lost. Not fun to keep harvesting per 2 - 3 minutes. So I told 1 of the lowbies attacking my base, " free exp ". Tho really less drain on non-os silo's would be swell. Fighting infantry is more fair than fighting vehicles, yet still infantry is able to destroy all your stuff too. Or OS + 8 infantry verse just me. So ye they destroyed everything, not that it mattered, was already burnt out from harvesting.

" Harvest time, & defend time, how about give me a break time? " - ant

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG]

When dueling the other MBT, with my AV turret, while also repairing during reloads. I know now that, AV turrets are x2 too weak on the behind line. & AV turrets are x3 too weak on the front line. +More hp +More regen required update. Turrets fall like paper, under 40 seconds, or sooner. I've tested it, especially if 2 tanks are shooting your turret together, tho 1 manned while repairing, fails to solo 1 MBT. How is a un-manned turret ever able to. Every turret should be able to fend off 2 MBT's, unmanned, with +hp, to ever be able to be built on the front line.

Outposts / Glaives should just be limited to a new outpost mode type of silo. Flails are fine for any type of silo. Maybe 2 diff types of silo skins or styles, to build from? Walls are fine, they seem more buff than my turrets do. Walls are okay on the behind line. However walls aren't buff enough on the front line, verse the normal sqaud of enemy tanks. Router pads, shouldn't die to 1 enemy clips of infantry fire, router pads should take 2 clips, or if it's 2 already, than 3. Router pads, die too fast to infantry bullets. 1 AV turret isn't enough, even if you buff AV turrets, it's still not enough, 2 AV turrets, per 1 person (I suggest). Also need to seem like a fortress or battle ship & 1 never does that, good enough. Simply because AV turrets are dumbfired when un-manned & need resistance shields to sniper AV. May as well.

1,800 cortium shouldn't be depleting on a non-os silo. Yet it is, when I build with only 1 alt. By the time I'm done harvesting & building. I don't want to harvest more, say 1,000 per minute. That barely gives me enough, non harvest time, to defend. Non the less relax after building & harvesting, the 1st few rounds. Harvest drains seems fine, if you have 1 ally who helps. 1 ally who helps harvest is only 2 out of 10 silo's, or 4 out of 10 at best. Even then they may only deliver a few rounds too. Not keep doing so, just depends. So without needing a outfit. Solo harvest is too draining. At least for ant vets.

Ant vets have had to do it for more months. Maybe ant vets should get a way to cert, to harvest less. Mining does take time, tho its the drain that's more of a problem. OS's deserve a drain, not non-os silos as severe as it is right now. Viewing my silo & seeing is ratio, 15 cortium per second. Seems too fast of a drain. I don't want to harvest 2k, every 2 min, solo. Maybe silo's should weigh the drain out, by how much cortium allies have, or have not helped add to your silo. If they helped, than by this much, than + add more drain. If no ally helped or only helped with 1 round of 10k. Then add way less drain.

Maybe allow builders to have two extra mini auto turrets (the kind engi has) to set up in their base, that stay even if you switch class. For anti infantry, since pain / ai turret are easily dodged.
  9. Botji

Only reason AV turrets lose to MBT/Lightning is because more than half the time they either wont shoot back and even if they do, they miss and thats because of either long range or the terrain being weird and the turret thinks it is hitting when its shooting above/below the enemy tank.

Imo the best fix for this would be if Skyshields looked less like pot lid and more like the actual pot, with the Skyshield having some walls around it that went down a few meters. That would let you put up walls to protect the lower part of the turrets while all/most of the turret that sticks up above the wall is covered by the Skyshield.

Enemy tanks would then have to get much closer to the base to get a good angle if they want to kill the turrets = much more likely the turret will be able to fight back and gives a defender a chance of doing something as well since there it little they can do against a tank sitting 800m away sniping the turrets like now... might even trigger the proximity alarm so the builder knows their base is under attack, unlike now where tanks rarely comes close enough unless they already removed every single turret from range.
  10. AuricStarSand

Rivendell. 1 person base near the Bastion. (AI turret is hidden via trees)

[IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  11. RiP0k

I don't understand what is the point of players appearing on this base to protect it or use it for its good. If it is located far from the place where the enemies are likely to advance. Taking into account the fact that players, even with the fact that there is a base-point of resistance and the revival of equipment, often do not appear on the path of resistance to the enemy.?
  12. AuricStarSand

Yeah, a front line base or road nearby base has that. I've built many area's around Lith. This build was too far from the main front. Afternoon silo. If the turrets were stronger with farther range, they'd hopefully outshine the os.

Oshur patch notes, only have a tiny area for construction updates & its for harvesting only. That's good they are making harvesting easier. Yet harvesting was like rank 10, on my top 10 list of things silo's need updated on. Meh.
  13. AuricStarSand

Have they released any more info on construction updates? I don't understand. I just watched Camikazee's video of Oshur. It seems Oshur has a ton of construction themes.

& The only update is for harvesting? I've written 40 paragraphs on silo defense being weak & harvesting a lil faster was only like 1 of those paragraphs. Why not just tell the players they are delaying Oshur for another 2 weeks, to work on silo defense? They're really going to release, a half construction themed new map. Then have everyone steamrolled.

Perhaps designing the map & releasing it is all well & good, tho for the1st impression of Oshur, it won't just be about the landscape. Building game play, if half the planet is about it, is a big part of that first impression. So is their any more word on defense updates? Or is it harvesting only & no new news?

My turrets are still gonna lose most situation based battles, in under 40 seconds on Oshur too.

Lets tally the photo's results. As I previously have built 80 - 100 silo's prior to this thread's photo's. Yet no proof. So these photo's will do. Some of these silo's did run into harvesting drain issues, so maybe Oshur's harvesting upgrade addresses drain & not just more nodes. Less drain on non-os silo's. Anyhow so yes, some of these silo's are left unattended by boredom, due to harvest drain. (note ghost town bases; bored silo's having no activity or not enough. Reason for being built so far from front line or hidden is; front line silo's get steamrolled 24/7)

The photo tally, by order that I posted = the results:

Mega ghosttown ocean silo / nothing happens: 1
    One pro enemy Lightning destroyer: 1
    Steamrolled on the front line by prowlers silo: 1
    Enemy scout rifles you 10 times while building, & his buddies small outpost os, my silo: 1
    4 enemy collosus & 10 enemy vehicles shoot down the behind of the line, non-os mega silo: 1
    Mega rock silo, nothing happened for 3 hours, besides a Infil troll = ghost town reasoning: 1
    three small silo's that I got bored from harvesting: 3
    friends middle of map silo's. steamrolled by enemy tanks: 1
    group project Indar bridge silo, steamrolled by nc vehicles 20 of them: 1
    prowlers destroy double wall'ed skyshielded double turret silo near Echo Valley, surrounded by rock wall:1
    enemy infantry raid hossin mega vs silo, then they os my skyshields, also bored of harvesting by then: 1

Bonus: 1 prior to these photo's I built a mega road block silo with 4 skyshields, took 1 hour to build & had 2 harvesters, near a 48 ally fight. Well it got nuked & glaive flailed by a small enemy os outpost, right after I finished the 1 hour of build time required. It took less than 10 seconds to destroy. So I'll add that too. Mega road block silo. Nerf small os glaive outposts, against bigger silo's with 4 times the items.

= 14 photo proof silo's, of mine at least. That prove silo defense gets either ghosttowned or steamrolled.

Imagine how my previous 100 silo's faired, similar stories. So that's like 14 silo's, none of them have a squad defending. Sure maybe I should have had a full pub or outfit platoon at all times, tho really ant gameplay should be built for the solo player, not some outfit leader only. Either way I've already talked about difficulties getting a pub platoon to help & that zerg outfits more often ignore allied silo's. So definitely build ants for the solo player. Or else nobody will be playing them, besides like 1 dude (outfit leader of zerg outfit) on the weekend & even he probably is some infantry farmer vet. So nobody. The solo ant player needs a serious buff.

Out of these 14 photo proof silo's, none of them seemed to add defense to a region. They are just there, for trolls to invade. A sand castle waiting to be stepped on, by some bully squad. Silo's are too vulnerable, once those turrets get knocked out. & Something so vulnerable, is never going to add defense to a region.
  14. Pat22

Just because you wrote a lot about it does not mean your perspective or your opinions are right.

Your bases are bad and filled with weaknesses. You log onto multiple alts to make them bigger, not better, and all you accomplish in the process is increasing the amount of exploitable weaknesses in your bases. By the sounds of it, you don't even make sure your silo is covered by a repair module because a silo being repaired CANNOT be destroyed by a single tank, yet you talk about this like it's a recurring issue.

Your photos and results are meaningless because the experiment was flawed right from the begginning.
    • Up x 1
  15. Botji

Glad I did not have to say it...

I am not happy with the changes to make mining faster and easier either because if it takes time to mine and build, the players expectations for what their constructions can do goes up. To me this 'buff' to mining only means that Construction in general is either being nerfed in some way or will be used to justify why a single tank can safely kill all the turrets from range or why Trollbombs wont be removed/nerfed.

"Dont worry, its so fast to mine more and rebuild so it does not matter that the base defense is paper thin!"
    • Up x 1
  16. AuricStarSand

Ye devs don't have to listen, sure worked well for WoW Blizzards pvp balance, not. Tho most sane vets agree silo's are too weak. Even the Chinese agree. 1 fellow just released a video who is teaching all Ant's how to lag / build, modules inside bunker / other lag build tricks. Because he says in quote on his video: " Use these lags build tricks, to deal with how weak silo's have been for years ".

Also it's not my silo's only. I've seen everyone's silos get steamrolled, allies who built with "friends" / steamrolled. Enemies who built with a squad of 10 near Watersons & may have lasted 10 min with a mega silo, yet still died too. 4 skyshield tr silo, instantly double pocket nuked. 20 TR's hard work near Lith road, gone in 2 seconds. Reply'ers keep ignoring the fact, that as an attacker I find it too easy to destroy your silo's as well. So stop replying as if I'm only a defender, I don't attack to begin with because it's too easy to attack silo's. So I don't do it. How does " build advice " help with that theory? It doesn't, that theory has nothing to do with me the' defender. It has to do with me as the magrider, or infil bomber, or pub sunder, or remote os, all options / find it too easy to play the attacker.

I'm getting tired of people judging my build designs. People who don't even have pictures of their " fate " of their silo. But just posted some photo's of a neat design, yet never told how it ended. Than if they do, they use some niche example of that 1 time out of 20, that they found defenders or begged for defenders or had to mass spam pub recruit for 1/4th of a chance of defenders. To then reply to my post how they " defended a region " that " one time ". & How I need to, just " build more on the road " as advice. Glad you guys took some neat photo's, yet this thread was about fate's as well. Is it easier to defend your silo, or attack your own silo, if outnumbered, as you & your friends are going to be. As pub attackers are easier to recruit than pub defenders, nothing about Oshur or construction updates, will alter that fact. A pub looks at a enemy silo & goes " look something to shoot at ". A alled pub squad, doesn't look at a allied silo & say " hey look! can't wait to guard dog that silo ". No the ally runs off to infantry farm.

Yes apparently your neat single wall silo, lasts way longer than my messy double or triple wall'ed silo, with x2 or x3 more AV turrets, & 1 of the best c4 smoke nade fairies to ward off enemy tanks on the server. From what I've seen with how lack of people Use Ambusher jet, yes. But oh yes, I didn't place the " item " right, that's why my turret was sniped in under 40 sec - regardless of where you put it. That's why my silo didn't have guard dogs allies, because allies don't want to be obedient guard dogs - must be because of that wall I didn't place right. Or that small os glaive outpost, must be my item placement, for why he got to nuke me while I was busy grinding. Must be my bunker placement as the reason (sarcasm).

1st of all I have 3 - 12 repair modules in all my bases. 2nd most bases no vehicle can enter (besides maybe like 1 silo, that had a photo taken after a wall got knocked down). They are double wall'ed or triple wall'ed, most peoples aren't. Even people who build with friends, often do not properly double wall their silo. Then theirs no wall inch gap bases & I doubt many or anyone does that better than me, as I've dealt with dueling a freak ton of enemy infils. Prior to the nerf. & That meta, was based on puting your spawn tube inside 3 solid walls, with no room to enter or escape. Which require precision aiming on flat terrain, to get the solid walls to connect within an inch, for no infil to enter by foot. So if I did that for many months, prior to these photo's than psh, my placement is fine & the infil meta is still OP, but less trolls use it. Since no 1 shots. Perhaps I'm not worried about Infils, perhaps I'm most bothered by enemy tanks (these days). I even hide AV turrets behind towers & they still die. Or the ground lvl AV turret behind a wall, makes no difference.

A MBT enemy verse a manned AV turret, the MBT wins if they have a 2nd gunner. Even with you semi repairing with the mod too. MBT wins.
  17. AuricStarSand

Ye, paper. No turret, no walls.
  18. RiP0k

Wrel also wrote that there will be an improvement in the quality of life of construction and builders. He also wrote that there are no plans to change the construction.
  19. AuricStarSand

" Quality of Life " kek
    After 100 silo deaths, hearing " quality of life " is funny. lol. (I laughed)

Well they don't need to alter it, just buff, so hopefully that means a buff. Yet protecting the os is meh for people who just want walls & turrets mainly. Nor is the os wanted, as the only form of long range dps (rather have longer range turrets). & Oshur being more ant driven, should mean a bigger ant update than they've mentioned. At least tell us about future plans, devs, ty. If they're busy fixing the water design stuff, before Oshur.

As of now I won't play ant till buff. I don't even see the point on Oshur, till buff. So 1 of the main ant vets, won't be building for Oshur, just infantry farming or harasser driving, till update. I mean I'll test build just for the fun of a new location, tho that's just 1 day or 2 days, after that, silo defense will still be weak & no reason to play silo's right now. I'm not gonna build when the main defense is me, has nothing to do with my items, it's entirely me. My tank or c4 is the main dps to fight vehicles, not thy AV turret. My infil smg'er or LA spec > is the main defense to fight off infantry, not AI turret, & not my pain spire. Nor do the items, give reason or help bring allies to my silo area to defend. I have to recruit, & I have to do it all solo, more often than most want to admit.

Me having to find a flail outpost before it wrecks me, I have to do solo (even if 48 allies are nearby on a hill, from where I built), my non-os silo doesn't reply to enemy silo's, that way. Auto turret modules are needed to defend / won't use them for counter flail / glaive. Also build grind time delays replying, to a smaller outpost threat. So no, my " items " don't defend a region, I do. So why need the items, if they are most of the time, a liability?

I wish I had a positive statement to say about silo defense. The walls have fine Health Points on the behind of line defense (just not enough health points on the front line), that's the only positive I am able to say. Or another way to say this; Walls are fine verse 3 or less enemy vehicles, any more than 3 & they fall too fast as well. Half of every planets map area = 4+ enemy vehicles showing, is normal. Aka, " the front line ". Having friends (or not), simply isn't a good enough solution.
  20. RabidIBM

Thank you! This is what I've been trying to tell this guy, but he is convinced or his own infallibility. Certainly the construction game needs work, but it would have to be OP to the point that a new player could steam roll the server before this guy would be able to do anything with it.