The daily silo experience thread. Post your screenshots / results

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AuricStarSand, Dec 26, 2021.

1. Botji

I might post some screenshots of some bases later but on the topic of the PMBs there is only really two things I really want.

1. Skyshield edges gain like a 3-5m 'wall' down to protect turrets from sniping, if the Skyshield had that little extra cover enemies would have to get closer to get a good angle to shoot at the turrets(given that the bottom of the turrets are covered by a wall) which would greatly enhance the survivability and combat ability of the turrets, they would still fall to 1-2 Lightning tanks but at least they cant pick the turrets off from the comfort 1km away and a shielded vehicle gate.. or use static base turrets.

2. Painfield disables "super-mega-high-effortbombs" aka cert printing machine aka Cortium bombs. Does not matter what base design you have as long as its not something glitched, a single infiltrator can and will place a bomb on your modules and the only defense is to sit in your base 24/7 with a flashlight that will maybe let you see them crawling around when you fall over them and turn around to see what you got stuck on.

Both of these should be 'easy' for the devs to do, probably not even a 30 minute job for either of them as the Skyshield only needs minimal changes to its model/hitbox and Painfields + Griefbombs only needs to get hooked up into a system like Sunderer/Silo/etc deploy zones where they cant be too close to each other.
    • Up x 1
  2. RabidIBM

Simpler solution: Select all code related to the griefer bombs, press "delete". The game wasn't missing them before they existed, they are not used to "created a micro-objective" like they were sold as, they are only used by people who draw enjoyment from ruining somebody else's.
  3. AuricStarSand

This talk has 2 themes. 1 hand you have showing the good qualities or times of silo's / knowledge sharing. The other hand, if you don't talk about the obvious flaws, then no update happens. I don't mind if my silo dies. I do mind if it dies too fast, however. If it dies without killing enemy vehicles. If 1 enemy Infil / infantry guy bothers me too many times, while I'm trying to build. Meaning it's too ez for him. Or if a huge mega silo, is too vulnerable to tiny flail / os posts nearby.

Wildcards has varying medium tier PL'ers. So simply knowing a few of them, would only help for a few times of the week. Most of the week, that won't help, I believe. Also having " friends online " is only good, when they are online, not for when they are offline. Yet I don't bother my friends list anyways, with silo related stuff. How to front line ant, when friends are offline? Or the outfit members who help, as not all of them will help. Those outfit members, may be offline. So is ant fine, for all hours?
  4. AuricStarSand

1)

Top-Right of Esamir Silo. Results? Solo got the base for solo outfit. The snow trench. Gated gully doorways. Back of the base had 2 walls. Hill side walls. I got invaded by a amateur tr squad / tr sunder. I had to go around shooting them all as LA. Then grab a harasser, to finish sunder off. Their was 1 enemy pro, who remained. Named ProvidenceTR, he repeatedly grabbed a lightning & I had to literally duel him as LA c4 smoke nades & rokket rifle jets... vs his lightning for 30 mins nonstop. For most of the 1 hour, it was a bore fest, nothing happened. Just a lone base. Just another reminder to build on the front line, or stare at snow, doing nothing.

[IMG]

2)

This is not the location of the previous Esamir silo mentioned above. This is a new Esamir silo, perhaps yesterday. While the ghosttown silo before, was the day prior. So this new silo, the alert just began, it only shows the map. Short story, built a nice wall'd silo with av turret, near allies silo 20 yards away. On the hillside. Mid. TR armour showed & destroyed both of our silo's. two 15 min silo's finished on the front like in 1 min. Just a reminder to not build on the front line, lol.

[IMG]

3)

Yesterday, I also built a Nason's jungle tree road medium sized 1 alt base only. Results? I got raided by some b.s. troll vet, who had a aurax'ed NC scout rifle.. & that rifle is sooo OP. Scout rifles or qcq sniper rifles have been the most annoying op guns lately or always. No skill. Then this guy, had that OP bundle knife, that for some stupid reason, wrecks your modules & bunkers. He was literally stabbing my bunkers, while he's inside it, till it was on smoke & was destroyed. I had to use my time, as a pro stalker as well, to hunt his ***, shooting engi AV at my bunkers & modules. Had to blackhand him, stab him, shotgun him off a flash, LA jump around, because AI turret or pain spire isn't good enough. Till 2 of his buddies built a remote os / flail nearby & nuked my silo. They said " beautiful " & I replied " attacking silos is ez ". Was the end of that road silo, I got nuked 1vs3. 1 infil enemy, 1 harvester enemy on the cliff above my road silo, & 1 other infantry men destroying my stuff or using the nuke remote.

Then the occasion tank I have to ward off as well. Double wall'd, double skyshielded, & double everything. Had barely enough time to build, dealing with that troll vet infantry enemy. With OP nc aurax scout rifle. Shooting bullets faster than any scout rifle ever. Luckily I found out later, while on my only lowbie alt, tryna build more. Was with the lowbie alt, I had a sniper rifle, & I shot him in the face a few times with the default low lvl sniper for vs. So sniper was the counter to his aurax'ed scout rifle. Blackhand'ing him was too hard, he just runs away on the 2nd or 3rd hit (maybe implant). I had some help harvesting, some, tho he didn't stay around to help defend, no allies nearby Nasons helped. Even tho Nasons, wasn't the front line, at this time. Also that bundle knife, shouldn't do damage to buildings or modules? Sure yes to vehicles, tho against items it's not a good time.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

4)

Alright, so I saved the big 1 for last. This happened yesterday evening. I built a silo, 40 yards or so, to the west of " The Rink ". Near some trees I liked. Even tho the trees were too near a non deploy red ring. A ally helped harvest some, & later 2 allies helped add some stuff. For this 1, since the alert wasn't started, & it wasn't near the front line. The front line was EIsa or Watersons / Echo. It wasn't anywhere near Saerro tower yet. So I was a decently far, back of the line silo, without a OS drawing attention. Thus I have time, to add a few of my alts to this build.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Perspective: I just finished building, It took 1 hour by now. I started prior to the alert timer. By initial harvesters or 2 defenders, left by now. Idk where. So I'm alone to defend. I fought off a few guys once or 1 tank at most, tho other than that, most of the 1 hour has been empty. So I'm alone, behind my walls. All of a sudden, it sounds like my base just hit a god damn thumderstorm. Its raining shells all over my base. I peak over the wall & over the hill horizon. & There's the most armour ever raining down on me, alone. 3 or 4 enemy collosus, many vanguards, lightnings, & sunders.

So I run to repair some AV turrets & the turrets drop while I'm repairing them. My 3 AV turrets & 3 AI turrets all fell 40 seconds or less. I grab a lightning, knowing my 1 hour base design, is finished. I wished those AV turrets stood their ground better. So my lightning, knowingly is going to just take a picture, then rush into them & try to c4 something. then do it once more & only for the pictures the 2nd time. They took 2 minutes to destroy a 3 skyshield, double or triple wall'd front of a silo.

I wasn't even on the front line, they drove into grey zone regions just to hunt me. I didn't kill any of them prior, so it wasn't a revenge reason. Nor did I have a OS, so wasn't a OS reason. They just wanted to destroy my stuff, from the middle no nowhere, back of the line free buffet. For them. I told them all, I built this base solo, as they shoot a triple wall'd base. They say " F " xD. I say, " I'm taking pics for the forums, to buff silos ". Then I say " gl " as they drive off. My huge silo? It's dead in 2 mins, took 1 hour to build, plus 2 harvest allies. The lesson? Well technically you could say its fair, they showed up with 10+ vehicles, ready to stomp me. So why shouldn't they destroy everything, really fast? Well, if I built 110 bases & this is my 111th.. Then ye, it sounds fair on paper & is. Yet overall as a game play experience. This sucks. It's just a " Welp " moment x111 then. I returned to Waterson to infantry farm after. & I show a screenshot of that nc armour. I don't blame their armour, they were dope. NC are the servers underdogs, so they should have fun. It's just I wish my base stood its ground better, killed off some of their vehicles, did something at all. To seem defense worthy. It was a free buffet, they enemy didnt have to budge, they just shot standing still, not even sniping 1,000 feet like some tanks do. Just 20 feet from the walls. When returning to Watersons infantry farm, it's technically fair that a vehicle zerg is 1 of the many ways to destroy a silo base. Tho after another 1 hour of work, the variety apeal isn't so mesmorizing. You just got 1 hour of work, destroyed in 2 min again for the 111th time, who cares, if the reason was super unique. For why it was destroyed, at this point. It was destroyed, yet again, non the less.

Trying to say that's its discouraging. To build again. Why build again? 1st of all the alert timer started, took me 60 minutes to build or have allies harvest, the alert is only 90 minutes. So I'd have to way for the next planet, to even begin to build again. (& I did, the hossin silo, was prior to this. So basically a 1vs20 mega silo, proceeding a 1vs3 medium sized silo). I'm still going to build more, tho the downfall is, nothing I do or build is ever going to stop, a vehicle armour zerg of that size. Yet I have to grind more. Sometimes you have to update bigger walls, to keep the sharks at bay. Or this case, better & more plentifull AV turret updates.

I'm gonna next try to build, with more terrain behind me, so I may supply more walls forward. While still being on the front line, to avoid " ghost town boredom ". I'll have to write this NC armour brigade off, as a unlucky event. Still, I wish for an axtra AV turret per char, a tinier AV turret, that shoots mortars at vehicle snipers 1,000 feet away. & has more hp. Then tinier red radius build area, for extra turret build radius. Also less damage on turrets, if more than 1 vehicles, is hitting 1 turret.

P.s. Maybe the devs, should delay Oshur for another 3 weeks & work on construction updates 1st. Simply, a suggestion.

[IMG][IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  5. Demigan

And this here is the big problem with builders. They see only their experience and ignore the experiences of others.
    This is no different than air players defending their stuff. Even when Rocketpods were more powerful than a TankBuster and could kill an entire platoon by shooting underneath the Sunderer players defended it with "but you dont play what I play", which is both wrong and ignorant. The pilot's experience is less than half of the entire experience, since both its victims and counters should be taken into consideration as well. You pretend that just because the other side "does not build", which frankly you dont know, their experience suddenly does not matter. But they could add the experience that you lack involving the destruction of your base. And guess what, aside from cheesing it there are virtually no guaranteed good fights to be had at PMB's.

The problem with attacking current construction is that its cheese it or leave it. And if you remove the cheese methods by improving construction all that is left is "leave it".

You expect to be rewarded for your time investment, but the gameplay for the opposition needs to be considered as well. It needs to be fun and engaging to destroy bases, not a long grind shooting a base or padding the killfeed of the builder over abd over just to wear down a base and destroy it. That means the solution is fairly obvious: increase the speed of building a base when its not under attack and encourage the builders to create a fun environment to fight in. Also since that is missing: give PMB's a purpose beyond "I sit here and hope someone comes close" (or the alternative "I'm going to build a minimalist base for cheap vehicles or a Router").

The construction system was designed originally for large-scale battles where the AI modules for turrets were just a stopgap measure until the defenders could arrive en-masse and defend it. Unfortunately it was such a mess that it quickly became a solo experience where only the builders were interested in the PMB and almost no one else. Get PMB's out of this hole they dug themselves in and make them for large-scale combat as they were supposed to be for.
  6. Botji

Sure I would like this even more but its very very very very very very very very veeeery unlikely the devs would actually remove it so having a alternative that lets it be in the game while not being the ultra mega cheese item that it is, at least has a small chance of happening.

Putting the 'answer' on something like the painfield creates counterplay options for everyone, builders can protect select areas from suicide bombings and suicide bombers can destroy the painfield. Even a SMG can do it but might be tough luck for Stalkers which imo is just great, they can go jump off a cliff.

Went and built a base I like to make when available today, it doesnt look nice but its a effective base.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    And this is the main feature of the base, AV turret peeking over the hill with the Skyshield providing cover. There are different ways you can build this, one version puts the shield even lower so the only way to hit the turret(in a different location) is to get inside the shield.
    [IMG]

Its a great location to build but obviously only if you have the SE warpgate. The Silo can be far enough forward that there is a lot of space for 1-2 more builders to build either to the sides or around the bridge.
    Another good thing with the location is that if your faction takes the 'open' hex across the bridge there is a high chance of having allies spawning on the base and/or defending it as they see the hex across the bridge get taken by the enemy faction so they either spawn from Skydock or in your PMB to pull vehicles and your base being such a fortress it usually holds until help arrives.

I like the location and base layout since its not just there to be defended or fought over for the heck of it, it provides a lot of help for your faction holding the bridge, pushing over it(easier/safer for your faction tanks to fight + Orbital/artillery) and its kinda hard to ignore for any ground based attack on Skydock. Only times the base has fallen is when Skydock is abandoned by the faction and its like 70-80% enemy pop rolling in.
  7. RabidIBM

Whoa there buddy, those are some broad brush strokes you're painting with!

Anyways, AuricStarSand, as painful an experience as it was, I'm glad I did play in one of your platoons once. I wanted to find out what you were complaining about, and I found out. I can see how we ended up at an impasse over "play with other people" because technically you were the platoon leader of 2 squads. I can see how because of that you thought my "play with other people" advise was useless. I gotta tell you though, just because you are sharing in squad boosts with people who happen to be wearing purple instead of red or blue doesn't mean that you are actually playing with them.

Your "builder platoon" was one of those silent platoons with 2-3 people in every base your faction had a lattice to. Out of the two squads I think there were two guys who were genuinely helping me with the build I was trying to teach you at Berjess Overlook. A simple call out like "I need somebody with short AV turret to place it at Bravo squad waypoint" took upwards of 10 minutes to get a response even with multiple call outs. A call out for a rampart wall took about 5 minutes before eventually a timid rookie stepped up. The rookie did his best, nothing against him for the fact that he had so much trouble getting a tight placement to happen, but WHY did a rookie have to step up for a simple call out in a supposed builder platoon? Then, when I finally had enough of the build done to give a tour, only one person showed up who was not yourself. I would have thought that somebody who is passionate enough about this to write up multiple "wall of text" posts about how building is underpowered would be eager to learn a build from somebody claiming that this one has withstood multiple hours of pummeling and has crunched many tanks.

And THIS was the point where I actually looked at the 3 bases in your last post, and what...the...actual...****? You built the one by the containment site when the continent was in pretzel mode? When the territory is offline spawn points don't work, not sundies, not spawn tubes, even beacons don't work. Am I seriously talking to somebody who builds a base somewhere where it is impossible for people to spawn into and then complains that nobody defended him? Then then there's the layouts of the bases themselves, what am I looking at? No buildings seem to have their edges tight to anything, many of the buildings serve no purpose at all. This isn't a base, this is a bunch of buildings haphazardly slapped around. Of all things, this is making me think of a zoo. Here's a metaphor for you to consider: I went to a zoo once where they had an elephant that liked to paint. They gave this elephant an endless supply of paint brushes, paints and canvas, and the animal seemed perfectly happy to spend all day smearing and flicking paint and didn't even care that it was in captivity. They were selling these paintings to help fund the zoo, I could have bought an elephant painting if I'd wanted to. While these technically were paintings in that they were canvases with paint on them, they weren't anything that anyone would call a picture. This is what I feel like I'm looking at with your bases. These are a bunch of buildings haphazardly slapped around, but they form no picture.

So, AuricStarSand, I leave you with this: Your problems with the construction system are just that, your problems. And with that said, I think I can nail it all down to one common fault: Laziness. Coordinating the people in your squad/platoon takes effort. Coming up with actual planned layouts takes effort. Reviewing those layouts and figuring out how they could be better takes effort. Placing buildings so that they actually are tight to each other and can't be easily walked around takes effort. Deleting and replacing your buildings because they didn't go together right takes effort. Reviewing the buildings others have placed to see what will complement what and what will conflict with what takes effort. But it gets worse. You are like some coworkers, and later subordinates, I've had in my career. I've had to deal with people who will put more effort into not doing their job than it would take to just do their job. You are willing to take the time to stop and grab screen shots and upload them to these write ups so you can yell at the devs to make the game easy for you, but you are unwilling to put any effort into improving your game play. And then we get back to why I even care: It's because of threads like this that guys like Demigan get the idea that "all builders are selfish and ignorant".
    • Up x 1
  8. Demigan

Since its based on every single builders arguments those "broad" strokes are pretty accurate. The idea's are all similar. "Make walls invulnerable again". "Buff the shield canopy module", "make turrets under AI module smarter and stronger", "remove the bunker Terminal so it cant be exploited by my enemies", "buff X of PMB's so I feel rewarded". Always the same without consideration of the gameplay enjoyment of those trying to attack.

There is no way current construction can be made fair and balanced without changing the time it takes to build and making builders actively build a fun place to fight instead of the "gimme gimme gimme an increasingly impossible to fight PMB" that they ask for.
  9. RiP0k

I say, since the developers do not plan to redo this system. It is necessary to make the current system comfortable for the builder. So that we do not have to travel 2k meters behind the cortium, which can turn out to be a crystal only for 2k cortium. So that you don't have to run around the base like an idiot and activate the Shield Module effect. To avoid such a long replenishment and collection of cortium, which is absolutely not justified. Construction in its current state has a lot of wasted time, with often negligible ending for many bases. And the zones of restriction for construction are damn big. Because of this, there is no place to build properly, where 80% of the battles take place.
  10. Demigan

It needs to be comfortable for both players.

If a base can be up and running in 2 minutes (if it's not under attack) then there's also no problem if it falls in under 2 minutes.
    If the fight can be made fun, engaging and rewarding for the game's goals for the attackers then it's OK to lengthen the time it takes to take down a base. However currently that simply is not the case.

Why waste time making it more enjoyable for the builders if it does not really serve a good purpose in the game anyway? It does not offer a good gameplay for the builder and it does not offer a good gameplay experience for the attacker.

A simple change for example is to let the repair module make everything in it's range invulnerable except the turrets, walls and modules themselves. Without the repair module these buildings would have a low health and quickly die. This creates a far more interesting setting since walls won't be just perimiter buildings meant to keep players out, but internal defenses to slow down attackers while all the regular buildings are there to actually shield the modules from fire. You could even make walls purposefully weaker and let the player place several more, plus add new variants like a lower wall which can more easily be protected by the buildings like pillboxes, towers and bunkers. This makes for a more inviting base to attack since it's less of a murder-hole and more of a base you can enter and fight through, taking buildings to either clear out or keep intact as cover for your own faction.

Add another change like being able to swap to a builder-class with a basic Carbine setup and access to all building templates as long as you are within the Silo's range and you can quickly build up a base without the constant moving back and forth between the Silo. Alternatively players could buy a piece of utility equipment at the Silo or Ant which when accessed lets them swap building templates with X and/or B so they can quickly cycle through buildings and place their base, smart and somewhat skilled players would be able to use a Drifter LA to get a birdseye view while placing down buildings for more accuracy.

a few not massive changes that would upend the way bases are deployed and attacked. Then they just need a proper purpose.
  11. RabidIBM

@Demigan Trust me, you don't want invincible player made buildings. They used to exist, and there were some serious cheeses that we don't need back in the game. Buildings were made destructible at all times for a good reason.
  12. Pat22

Well... some buildings were made destructible at all times... others were made destructible half the time.
  13. RiP0k

A fun fight depends little on the base. It all depends on defense, so that your faction defends an important base, on the same construction hex. And from the attackers. In 90% of cases, we have 48+ attackers, and 24 defenders. And all because of the revival system. If there was an old spawn system, then there would be fun battles on the bases of players in equal numbers.
  14. Demigan

There is a very large difference between the popularity of large and small bases. Even between those bases there is a large difference in popularity based on what the base offers for both defenders and attackers. So no it does not depend little on the base.
  15. AuricStarSand

I ran out of edit time. Tho 1 hour building. 2 hours defending. Mostly ghost town / nothing happened. 1 enemy infil did raid my base nearby. A ally did build nearby. Lots of people have built at this rock area before. its near. Tho I saw no battle nearby for 2 hours. So I should have built 1 region north. After the enemy infil died 20 times. & we fought, he killed me too. He left to hassle the allied outpost nearby my silo, on the hill. He destroyed a lot of their stuff. Some of my pain spires too.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  16. AuricStarSand

True.

Making the base fun to fight, is a entertaining suggestion. & worth mentioning. Still, as of now. The defenders have been demoralized for many years, while the attackers have been either infil trolls or a brigade of noob enemy vehicles wrecking stuff.

The attackers level of " fun ", may or may not want to sit around shooting podshots toward walls or turrets. Overall attackers have been having 100% more fun than defenders, for many years now. Defenders have been demoralized, as bad as AV BG Alliance. Fortunately PS2 has better devs, than WoW has, TBH.

Yet, why not a win / win. Improve both. After buffing the silo to be averagely defend able, as of now its below average. Than we also may have the talk, of how to make " defending fun " as well. Perhaps neither; Sword or Shield, are fun enough? 1 type is stronger, either way.
  17. AuricStarSand

1) I don't know why your replying about a silo area, I obviously bailed on at the 30% build time mark. For unrelated reasons & a few related. You'd have to mention a silo worth hanging around for, 1st.

2) The main reason is your Mic went out, after 3 mins of playing. So even if I was bothered you deleted a few stuff, I wouldn't have minded, if your mic was heard. As It'd just go focus on the next objective. I heard other peoples mics, not just yours. So I believed you muted me, from the 3 minute start, since I heard you for a few mins. When messing with voice my settings, I heard you for 10 seconds, while recording, so idk. You asked people if they can hear you in squad, after I mentioned I could not a few times. So Idk why you didn't bother to mention that main ingredient. That your talking for 30+ minutes & I only heard 3 mins of it.

3) Yeah your deleting stuff & the even with me bringing over a squad of 2 ant helpings, 1 who just got her base destroyed, AlisVS. Valk harvesters & me harvesting. Yet for some odd reason, just because you picked the location, the initial silos theme, is " Your silo " property of " You ". Immediately, from the start. So don't talk to me about Team play. It wasn't time to play " private neat silo stuff ". It was time to play, " more walls the merrier ".

With people in my platoon, from the start, having to ask you permission on where to build, made up rules, from the start. So Yes you deleted stuff. 1 gate justified, a ramp deleted is okay. To make the base, "neat". Tho the wall turning a road, into a defensive road still able to drive on, matching the other ramp road, wall side. Of course, I'm going to leave by then.

4) I also wanted to build a 1 alt base, prior to all of this, perhaps with AlisVS, via middle of map. As like I told you, Berjess wouldn't get no action for a long time, for 1 hour, & it didn't.

5) Your double silo, Berjess got steamrolled by TR, steamrolled, all destroyed, fast I bet (tr owned beyond the region via map). So don't tell my problems are made up, when your double silo Berjess base got TR vehicle steamrolled eventually. When it wasn't a ghosttown. Even if I defended, or built more, it would most likely been destroyed either way. Why? TR armour, that's why.

6) I may have added a few alts to the base, tho the energy wasn't a team project from the get-go. Was just working on " your base " with " my pub platoon ". I'd rather bail at the 30% timer of guard or harvest / build duty. & go hang at that 48vs48 infantry farm. I let people build wherever if it's a mega silo. Or else build with a outfit or alone, not a pub. Tho that part wasn't a big deal, just didn't hear you. Later.
  18. RiP0k

19. RabidIBM

#2 That means you muted me. Other people could hear me and were responding to me. Good job.

#3 I said from the beginning that I was going to teach you a build. That means, let me build my 1 player's worth of stuff where I know it goes for maximum effect, plus add the pieces I call for, then we look over it and DISCUSS how it could be improved. The buildings I was deleting either were poorly placed, got in the way of a planned building, or outright blocked planned line of site for turrets.

#3a your attitude about "everyone does whatever, the more the merrier" explains a lot, including why your bases get crushed. "Everybody do your own thing" is not how team play works in any game, least of all Planetside, least of all base construction. Everybody doing their own thing is how you get "bases" that look more like a splat of vomit on the ground than planned fortifications. Like I said in platoon, "clutter is cover". When you give your enemies cover they will use it against you and make you chase your own tail in a labyrinth of your own making. Every building should have a planned purpose or it shouldn't be there.

#5 I know it got steam rolled, I was leading the charge that steam rolled it. I noticed that TR were having trouble getting Scarred Mesa Skydock, so I informed your platoon that I was leaving to go get us a fight. I deleted the personally specific buildings such as the flail, reminded people where to put them, then relogged. As promised, I brought the fight, but only 2-3 players showed up to defend. 24 vs 3, guess who won? Essentially you are saying that because 3 players couldn't hold my base against 24 my design must be trash. No. If it were possible to build a base which 3 people can hold against 24 that would be IMBA.

#6 If you would rather play in a 48 vs 48 than play base construction go for it. Fill your boots! But stop griping on the forum. You repeat that you let people build whatever wherever and I'm repeating that this is why you fail. Not because construction is useless, but because you are useless with it. Again, stop whining.
    • Up x 1
  20. AuricStarSand

I just accused you of muting 1st. Your mic wasn't working, nothing to write a review over. Or stick around to build for. (or else a squad voice error, as I heard squad too).

Especially if the silo is less of a team silo & more of someones private themed 1. The wall theory, depends on the situation, if the enemy is near the wall, their also vulnerable to c4 & smoke. However most of that deleted space, wasn't used for anything else, anyways. Nor was the building rules or vote on such rules, established in detail at 1st, prior to driving over. Or written, as not all have mics. Maybe then neat placement & deleting would be better received. If someone wants to build with me, than they shouldn't sublim proclaim themselves as " master builder " from the start.

My gripe is with weak turrets & other things. Not really wall / gate / building placement.