Testserver: Tower shields blocking defender bullets. Why?

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Killy80, May 9, 2013.

1. Lyel

Well if they parked a sundy right behind the shield in the basement, they kinda deserve to lose x)

But really, that's pretty situational. The shields really dont do much after that. I'm really tired of seeing the campers not call for reinforcements.
  2. Killy80

But that's the point. With the new shield they CAN park the sundy right in the basement. You don't even have a chance to clear the exit before. They can literally park the sundy right in front of the shield and with a few attackers guarding the shield, let alone an MBT, you can't do crap about it. They'll just sit there and you can only stare at them.
  3. siiix

still no one will get out and fight , dont get your hopes up, i redeploy or suicide before i EVER go out and getting slathered.. not giving the enemy extra xp :p C4 on the console next to me does the trick just wonderfully
  4. Van Dax

Just so you guys know I played on the PTS at zurvan, huge battle and no spawn camp occured-ever. Why? they added a secondary spawn room thus requiring you to camp twice as many exits on opposite sides of the station. It wasn't feasible and so it didn't happen.
  5. Killy80

This is what I think would help in a tower too if they really make the shields impenetrable. If not - RIP defense of a tower. If they can hardly predict where the defenders come from (because there are so many possibilities), the defenders will less likely get farmed. This will take a lot of frustration and make players actually push out. I'm sure of it.
  6. Van Dax

It's all about efficiency, players will go where it is most efficient to assault a base. Currently you have up to three or four points to defend and only one spawn room-Where is the smart place to set up?
  7. Elia Chobanov

I think it's a good change. This will force defenders to try and push out if the numbers are even or force them to redeploy somewhere else since the fight is lost anyways and sitting inside is wasting their time. I also welcome this b/c I like vehicles and it's very frustrating, especially for air, since HAs and AA MAXes could just sit in safety and spam lockons/flak.
  8. xemlash

If your suppressed to the spawn room you have lost the fight, you can try to push out but have already been pushed in there to start with so not much chance of success and tbh I personally have very rarely seen a base recapture from that status as people don't move out the spawns. Why would they - free kills therefore I support this change.

What people should be doing - particularly with the new lattice is redeploying to the next base back and rolling in to the lost base from there. Do it right and the enemy will still be sitting around your spawn and you'll catch them out completely as they will just be waiting for the base to tick over. When people die from the resecure have them spawn in the base and suddenly you ae hitting them from inside and outside :)
  9. tbot

funny OP

Tower are the most defendable structures in this game, you can quickly get to every floor while you still are protected.
    Yes at some point, somewhere you will have to leave the protected area and will have to fight. And if all exits of a tower (9 exits on different floors in different directions) are camped, it might be a good idea to relocate, spawn at the next base and prepare it for defense.

... but thats just me.
  10. Rickenbacker

Two way shields change nothing, except that the campers in the spawn room now get less kills. If you're pushed back to the spawnroom, the base will still fall, the same as it did before.
  11. tbot

But now you can move free in the base without getting shot by people who you can not kill. Thats fair in my book. Much fairer than what we have now on Live.

Specially with those dammit AA MAXes in small bases. Who just keep me away from the base while my outfit stands around the spawnroom and can do nothing to get the AA under control.
  12. cann0nf0dder

this is the best patched issue for a long time, i hope it's making its way to live as soon as possible!
  13. MrK

Which is also the sensible thing to do.
    Whoring attackers non-stop from the safety of your spawn shields is definitely not the best gameplay ever, you'll agree. That's not going to save the base hack, and it achieves nothing.
    Going out is better, or like you do, redeploying
  14. Spookydodger

And maybe those defenders who go to some place else will then set up a good defense, and the attackers might have to patrol the grounds looking for a counter-attack. Or pull up a nice game of solitaire.
  15. Caserion

If you're being camped at the freaking shields, maybe you should redeploy???
  16. Killy80

The question is how EASY it is for the attackers to push people into the spawnroom. And I disagree that you then have lost the fight. Everyday I see counterproof.

This change makes is drastically easier to push the defenders into the spawnrooms. In the basement, you can park an MBT just in front of it, which can't be harmed in any way. A single MBT is enough for the basement to be cleared, while the ground cap points can now be hardly defended because the defenders have to JUMP off the 1st floor to even get on ground.

This is totally stupid. Attackers now basically get the immunity and farming capabilities and some of you guys think that's fair? It's not. If you want people out of the spawnroom, start to think about methods which don't cripple defense. Like not giving XP from within the spawnroom.
  17. PhantomOfKrankor

It's becoming clear not many people care about the fights in PS2. It's all about capping to feel like they accomplished something. Just hearing the arguments in this thread and others from people defending this idea of less defensible bases makes it apparent they don't have experience with successful base defense with even or outnumbered fights.

With the lattice, reduced cap times, no influence, SCU changes, less defensible bases, now this... Whelp, and it will only get worse. When I argued against the idea of going in this direction people would tell me it would somehow bring more tactics to the game, and small squad play could still be viable if you had good organization. What a joke, in a few GUs anything less than a platoon will barely be a speedbump for the untouchable armor column, dozen MAXs and minefields outside every spawn door.
    • Up x 2
  18. tbot

You see we have a different thinking about proper defense.

You think you see a base under attack, you spawn there and your now a defender. But your just a spawnroomwarrior. If you want to do a proper defense you would have to be at the base BEFORE the enemy arrives. Lay tankmines and claymores. Jump into a turret, dust of your MAX, reload your Rocketlauncher and dont let the enemy get into a good position.
  19. Ghosty11

Didn't we try this back in December? The main reason why the spawn rooms were redesigned was to give the defenders a chance to break out of the spawn to attempt to defend the base. Adding shields that don't allow the defenders to fire through just means that all the attackers need to do is cover all the spawn exits to capture a tower. With this change once the defenders are pushed to the spawn the battle is over. Don't we want longer fights not shorter ones? If an attacker doesn't want to be shot by someone through shield all they need to do is stay out of LOS of the shields. As the towers are currently on live, it very difficult to push out of the spawns due to the limited FoV from inside the shields, this change just makes it impossible.
    • Up x 3
  20. Killy80

First: Breaking out of a spawnroom should be always possible. Period. Any mechanic that promotes spawncamping is a bad mechanic.

Second: Defenders can very well get spawncamped after the defense went for a while. The attackers just need to hold exactly one location then - the spawnroom. The whole defense of up to 3 cap points reduces to a single location.