Test Server Update Notes : 7/1

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by d_carey, Jul 1, 2014.

1. NoctD

No words can describe how wrong SOE is headed down this path!
    • Up x 3
  2. moriarrr-ceres

one day i will need a flash friend to protect me from a single heavy assault
    Why not giving everyone level3 flack armor on all classes instead nerfing everything?
    AND why not giving adrenaline pump as passive on all light armored classes?
    • Up x 1
  3. Surmise

I approve these changes, good work SOE, finnaly some people could return to play infantry some more, and new players won't be farmed this much by almost to no brainers sitting in tanks. Very good changes, now if only Flak 4 would defend against 1shot kill by rocket primary, that would be perfect, but this is good for now.

P.S: Hilarious forumside HE/Heat tank farmers, start playing infantry a bit, it wont hurt to capture some points and try to hold against HE/HEAT spam bullfest
    • Up x 1
  4. rocko95

These are excellent patch notes. Anyone who is crying that they won't be able to farm infantry as easily is a moron. I don't give a **** if you spent 450 resources on a tank, it's not like you won't get all that back in 20 minutes anyway. At the moment, anyone who is in a HE or HEAT tank only does it so they can kill infantry, because it's an extremely easy way of farming certs and KD. Now they're making it slightly harder, maybe you ******* will do something useful instead of sitting on a hill 300m away and shelling bases. When these changes go live, there will be much more predictable and competitive ground play, although that's not something most farmers would understand, since the reason they farm is that they are usually ****house at anything where it's a fair fight.
    • Up x 1
  5. GaBeRock

New players won't get farmed bytanks because they'll just stick to playing the real arena shooters. In the actual FPS department, there are better games, and PS2 will just be a big, inferior arena FPS anyways
    • Up x 1
  6. GaBeRock

And by "predictable" you mean the farming will be just as bad, except it'll only be infantryside players like you doing it.
    • Up x 4
  7. Revanmug

Huh... hey moron, with this patch, it will be better for all tanks to run HE since the large advantage of AP against tank is going down the drain. That's right, they are hardcore nerfing the very commonly use AP guns.

This mean you'll have even MORE HE tank around you, farming you as an infantry or a vehicle.

If only more people knew how to read, I wouldn't have to read that kind of post. It's almost a miracle to find that trait over the internet now on.
    • Up x 5
  8. orbital

more shells that have blast damages smaller than their explosion animation. weird.

yeah, if you get hit by a rocket, it should kill you, even with max flak. is a rocket now less damaging than a grenade launcher?

I have seen no shortage of tanks on Hossin owning up the spawnrooms from the hills (mostly Mags that can make it over the terrain), don't know what you're complaining about.

another vote for "AP changes are weird". I don't use a tank a lot but when I do it is an AP to un-zerg a zerg and have never had luck at farming infantry. how do AP changes help, what's the point? why would I want to cert into this?

and another reminder to those complaining about the least change to the prowler - maybe it got the least because it was under performing - it has never been able to one hit an ESF - gotta land both shells to do anything. jeez and stop whining about lockdown and bring your moving-shooting-win-shield Vanguard up to its stationary butt and wreck it, or better yet, how about strafing sideways over a hill in a Mag to kill THE STATIONARY IMMOVABLE LARGE TARGET. if and when you do that the Prowler pilot will frantically mash their undeploy button in a frenzy to no avail (because it takes a million seconds to unlockdown) and problem solved.
    • Up x 1
  9. Nepau

I for one play Infantry 90% of the time, and really one of the BIGGEST issues with this is the unwarranted AP nurf. I can see them wanting to adjust the other guns a bit, but they are doing a LARGE damage reduction on weapons that are Primarily used against vehicles. Changing them does NOTHING to improve your Infantry fighting, in fact it will have the Opposite effect as it will mean that Tanks take longer to take out other vehicles.

BTW Get your *** off indar and you might find out that places like Amerish and Hossin have far less of a Tank spam farming issue. Indar is by far the worst offender for Tank spam due to how it is. Nurfing a Vehicle for 1 of the now 4 continents is not the correct answer.
    • Up x 5
  10. Klypto

[IMG]
    Oh my god.

It's almost as if you completely forgot about the tank armor increase buff + decreased resistance to AP rounds and the reasons why you did that.

So you screw with balance vs everything else in the game (Sunderers, Maxes, Harassers, Infantry, ESFs, Galaxies, Liberators, Base Turrets, etc.) instead of changing the resist damage back for tanks and increasing the damage on the Phalanx & Dalton.

Unless of course you are going to change the resist values of EVERYTHING in the game just to balance out tank vs tank rounds.
    • Up x 5
  11. Surmise

Believe it or not, at the moment Planetside 2 is best f2p shooter on the market, it's has a good movement feel, good gun feeling, very solid TTK, headshots matter, and awareness is probably biggest think you need to work on as well as movement, It's very solid shooter, but bullsht spam is killing it, too much randomness sometimes. Also 24-48 vs 24-48 are perfect, most balanced fights atm.

You don't know much my friend, not much. PS2 just has a very good mix of modern shooters plus it's on a huge scale war, no sessions to wait, no matchmaking, just login and shoot with friends, log out whenever you want.
    • Up x 1
  12. Scr1nRusher

nope still nerfed
  13. rocko95

Do you have any idea what a fair fight is? Because a high explosive tank vs infantry is not. Infantry vs infantry on the other hand is. Fights that can go either way, and are based on skill rather than "too bad I have a cannon so **** you I win" are conducive to good gameplay. Maybe if you weren't a ****ter with a 0.346KD on the only LMG DAStats registers you as a user for, you would understand that.
  14. BiggggBRIM

You know what else requires ZERO skill? Camping spawn with vehicles.
    Sorry, but the new player experience > your easy-mode cert farm.
  15. Scr1nRusher

these patchnotes and player responses like this make me want to leave PS2.

this is absolutely disgusting.

FYI HE tank spammers =/= TANKERS.

just letting you know this.

what...what game are you play?

This game isn't just infantry..... and these changes would break so many things.

They could always redeploy.......

Also HE tank spammer =/= TANKERS.

I want you to understand that.

HE tank rounds should have NEVER been in the game.

if you want to kill the game.

1) "rocket primaries" do not infact exist and they are not a wide spread problem, dying to rockets is a occasional experience on the battlefield.

2) what they should be doing is buffing Flank armor more and also include in its description that it effects direct hits aswell by a given percentage.

Please tell me that over forum users are as sad,mad and disgusted at all of this.
    • Up x 3
  16. Scr1nRusher

people could always redeploy.....

Every base needs a SCU.......

Also HE TANK SPAMMERS =/= TANKERS.

HE tank rounds should have never came into the game.

just so you understand that.
  17. Klypto

I personally don't like PS2's infantry gameplay at all because it's not based on skill.

The higher TTK's make it more of a level playing field for the underperfoming and more of a force of greater numbers game. I can't just accurately pop a single shot into a guys head and be done with him unless it's a shotgun or sniperrifle, which is why the rage for them is a bit higher because of the TTK disparity.
  18. NoctD

The only illogic that could even cause anyone to think of an AP direct damage nerf is basically that tanks are not meant to be the counter to tanks even. It should be left to the C4 faeries to deal with tanks.

Its a simple statement by SOE, balance is achieved once infantry is the best counter everything else and is the numero uno way to play the game. Its the total COD-fication of PS2, although its probably better to use Titanfall as an example of where SOE is headed here with regards to game balance.

Vehicles will no longer be force multipliers, nor will they even be the best counter to other vehicles. They will be just another unit out there.
    • Up x 1
  19. Surmise

It makes sense in real life if you were direct hit by RL, but in real life, 1 bullet to torso in most cases kills you so do you really think games need to be balanced on real life ? That's just sad if so, it's a futuristic game after all, it has been probably invested trilions of trilions of auraxis moneyz to infantry suits, to make them more durable/resistable, that makes sense too lol, nerf lore instead.
  20. Bortasz

Thank god I buy Witcher 1 and 2.... This is getting.... I cannot really explain what.It's just discourage me from playing.