Test Release Notes 5.29.2013

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by Luperza, May 29, 2013.

1. Luperza Community Manager

Public Test Patch Notes
    Here are a few noteworthy changes that have recently made their way to the Public Test Server. If you have a few minutes to spare, we would appreciate you using some of them to try to break all of these things. Thanks all.

Find Facilities Feature on Map
    We’ve added a search field to the map to locate facility by name

New Alert Types
    There are 11 new alerts that focus on taking specific installations across Auraxis or on specific continents:
    • Capture Biolabs (global)
    • Capture Tech Plants (global)
    • Capture Amp Stations (global)
    • Capture Biolabs: Amerish
    • Capture Tech Plants: Amerish
    • Capture Amp Stations: Amerish
    • Capture Biolabs: Indar
    • Capture Tech Plants: Indar
    • Capture Amp Stations: Indar
    • Capture Biolabs: Esamir
    • Capture Amp Stations: Esamir
    Taking all facilities of the specified type will win the alert for your empire immediately
    If time expires without an empire claiming all of the specified facility type, the reward is divided between all empires based on the percentage of the facility type owned when the alert expires.

Updated Weapon Art
    We’ve updated the art for the following weapons:
    • VS: Ursa and Corvus VA55
    • NC: Razor GD-23, Carnage BR, and LA1 Anchor
    • TR: T5 AMC, TAR, MSW-R, T16, T32 Bull
    Customizable Squad Colors for Platoons
    Players can now customize their squad colors with a dropdown color picker on each squad name in the platoon management screen
    This is personal/client-side only – platoon leaders don’t pick everyone’s colors

Warpgate Rotation
    Faction warpgates have been rotated counter-clockwise

Other Updates
    Fixed an issue that could allow vehicles to clip into geometry
    Optic attachment and iron sight views have been made more consistent across all three empires.
    Tracers are now more visible during the daytime.
    Muzzle flashes are now visible for the full render distance of infantry.
    NS tracers are now white.
    • Up x 12
  2. Kize

Anything on balancing Vanu Goku Mode, being thrown through the world when exiting vehicles as a max unit or general balancing issues?
    • Up x 7
  3. Torok

other changes i've noticed but don't know if they will make it to release:
    - ESFs have a new 3rd view, which probably no one likes :D along with a New virtual fading distance rendering in the VR (lulz)
    [IMG]
    - Esamir is all messed up!
    [IMG]
    - you can now balance the weight on the Harrasser while flying mid-air, so you can choose how to land and avoid turning over, the damage taken while turned upside down or on the sides has been reduced too, please SOE make this reach Live servers ASAP i beg you! :) i'm so tired of spawning an harrasser only to have destroyed at the first jump i take because i can't adjust the landing trajectory!
    [IMG]
    -The "new Carnage" looks a little bit smaller, feels more like a carbine now than the assault rifle it was before :(
    not bad anyway
    -The Anchor, the forward hand partially clips inside the rifle when shooting with or without forward grip
    -The Razor gd-23 has a "razor" look now :D i like it!
    -The new search button works like a charm :)
    [IMG]
    • Up x 11
  4. Puppy

Your signature should say 50% of armor for 20% for damage and infantry speed.. So pretty much.. We are giant glowy infantry with a slight damage buff (fully ugraded). Unless these stats changed of course.
    • Up x 3
  5. Ztiller

The ZOE movement speed have been nerfed, why nothign about that?
  6. HSChronic

Nerf the VS and Ralz3N
  7. Klyka

On what kind of server do you play where Tr/NC win all the alerts?
  8. Kize

Actually my signature is 100% accurate lol I would recommend looking at the data closely if I were you.

That or look at the % Vanu alert wins since last patch or % territory control since last patch ect... Pick your poison -20% armor for huge damage bonus (especially against other maxes) 2-3 times movement speed of other maxes. It's to the point that when 1 Vanu max spawns I see everyone literally run to the spawn room and hit redeploy instead of being farmed. Pretty scary when this happens it forces our entire faction to just fight TR... and TR just us.. then we notice we can't fight each other because Vanu 90% continent control. Hop continents and the same thing happens there. But it's alright we all already knew Vanu had a huge handicap now it is just getting ridiculous (attempting to get more people to Vanu and it is definately working!)
    • Up x 3
  9. sindz

Why do VS only get 2 new weapon looks, cry! :D
  10. SturmovikDrakon

Regarding the new art for the TR weapons. I've said this before, and I'll say this again

I looked at them, and they are STILL till missing a very important detail that gives these weapons a huge flaw
    [IMG]
    (this goes for all of our weapons)

Ejection ports for the casings. Seriously, the casings are flying straight through the weapon.
    How do you miss a detail as important as that when dealing with cartridges? These weapons should be blowing up in our faces.
    It might seem like a minor thing, but I'm fairly sure it's the responsibility of the art team to make designs that at least make sense.
    • Up x 21
  11. Notser

Customizable Squad Colors that are client-side is a bad idea for communicating the location of individuals over voice comms. I'd rather see a solution that kept the platoon united somehow so communications could be more precise and direct.

You could add a modifier for identifying a player such as A, B, C, or D for the squad along with the number designation that exists right now. Otherwise I'm all for getting rid of the purple squad that is slightly more vibrant then those dirty Vanu.
    • Up x 4
  12. Puppy

It's not a big damage bonus... And if you don't fight a certain faction of course you'll loose an alert... VS on Connery usually take the first half while NC and TR fight but then it's refocused once they see we are winning and we loose with around 20-30% territory. And i do think taking another look at the stats would help... Sadly I'd much rather have a TR max.. Really awesome..

(Was supposed to be a reply to someone but it wasn't quoted. Possibly my phone.. x.x)
    • Up x 2
  13. RoyAwesome

Which one? I've reported 2 different ones. I'd like to verify this change
  14. Ripshaft

As someone who uses the ursa quite a bit, I definately approve of the new art, though the model appears to be somewhat unaligned, and the ironsights on both reworked weapons dont work (though i'm certain this is just because they're not there yet =p - just mentioning for posterity)

The VR training terrain effect was one I was really eager to see, but on my system/settings it does not display, instead just having the terrain become completely dark outside a certain radius.

Nifty patch, will test more when I have time.
  15. Doctor?

I believe this answers your problem quite accurately...

• Up x 14
  16. Ronin Oni

o_O

notsureifsrs

Squads are already "Alpha", "Bravo", "Charlie", and "Delta"

If you've been refering to them as "Green squad", "Orange Squad" etc... then that's on you and your friends.

Every outfit I've been in called out the actual squad names... and we translate that to the colors that are on the map/hud in our brains.
    • Up x 9
  17. ComerEste87

What the hell is up with the new 3rd person camera for aircraft? It's like awkwardly stuck to the top of the aircraft's tail or something, seems like a HUGE step backwards. Really hope this change doesn't make it to live.

Also, I love how you guys made the GD-22S now 100% obsolete. The LA1 Anchor is a strait upgrade from the GD-22S and has been for a while now, .3 faster reload speed is NOT a big enough difference to warrant using the GD-22S over the LA1 Anchor. Most people take cover when reloading or if in the middle of fighting, they switch to their pistol before trying to reload anything. What was the straw that broke the camels back? The only thing the GD-22S had going for it was it's unique weapon model with the sexy forward facing curved clip. Now the updated weapon model for the LA1 Anchor has that same forward facing curved clip!

*facepalm*

I'm not saying I don't like the new models, I just wish you guys would work on making the current guns have bigger strengths and weaknesses before adding new ones.
    • Up x 3
  18. Eclipson

Can someone post some picks of the new TR weapon models? I can't get on PTS atm.
  19. Aiden

Honestly, of all the things that need to be customizable, why squad colors? Is it really that hard to choose four colors that aren't blue, red, or purple? I think making the base squad colors better (I'm looking at you, Charlie Squad) and keeping them consistent from player to player is more important than letting me choose my own palette.
    • Up x 1
  20. SturmovikDrakon

:D I'd accept that if casings weren't actually flying out.

They do
    • Up x 2