Test Release Notes 5.29.2013

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by Luperza, May 29, 2013.

1. Netsurfer733

Sry mate https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...ouble-health-bonus.124613/page-4#post-1788165
  2. Netsurfer733

3. Valena

You got the 'nor is it supposed to' part right. Unfortunately Nanoweave is currently giving double the intended HP, and has been for a while.

Nanoweave 5 is supposed to increase the players health pool to 625. Add 500 shields on top of that and you get 1125 EHP. But right now, Nanoweave 2 is giving players 625 HP, for an EHP of 1125. That means that the sniper has to do at least 563 damage to kill a Nanoweave 2 player with a headshot, which, after damage dropoff, occurs at about 80 meters for the high end bolt actions (the Parallax and other empire specific equivalents), and 65 meters for low end bolt actions.

In short, any player currently using Nanoweave 2 can survive a headshot from any sniper rifle if the sniper is further than 85 meters from the target, which most snipers are, and it just gets worse when you face players using higher ranks of Nanoweave.

I've seen people with Nanoweave 5 survive two consecutive headshots from my Parallax when I'm 100 meters or further from my target with at least 150 hp left (NW5=750hp+500shields=1250ehp - 550*2=150hp), and that isn't even factoring in the damage reduction I get from using a suppressor.

The whole thing is just absurd and it needs to be fixed, or sniper rifles need a major buff to combat this abuse. Ask anyone using Nanoweave why they bought it. Most people will tell you that they invested certs into it to keep snipers from one shotting them.
  4. vanu123

So Higby said it so it must be true, please show your sources. There is no one who is a bigger NC fan than Higby.
  5. Khyrin

6. Torok

ahem @Devs any news on when are we getting the Esamir Battle Flow Update on PTS yet?
    • Up x 1
  7. DoctorXqY

No, it's referring to the tracers on NS infantry weapons. I think that the bursters are still faction colored. For instance, the new NS pistols would fire white tracers.
  8. ItsJustDash

Ok good :)
  9. KnightCole

So does anyone have pics of any new NC gun changes?
  10. DoctorXqY

I guess you could test out the Esamir BFU... right now. I mean, if you care to. I'm not sure it's quite *finished* yet, but you could totally go on esamir if you wanted.
    Go ahead, check it out, I'll wait.
    The secret is that they're putting it on the PTS as they work on it. It will go up in a workable fashion once they've finished it, and not a moment sooner.
  11. ScrapyardBob

Oh look, new test server patch notes for today (6/13), except that the thread is locked so that we can't give specific feedback on things in those patch notes. Unless we create a bunch of redundant threads in the test server forum...
  12. deggy

13. Khyrin

People that think Higby can afford to take a side in balancing matters have no idea how that business works.
    I saw GMs getting booted because of the smell of them taking sides in another PvP based game, and i don't think that lead developers and whatevers are an exception to that.

There is that thing called professionalism, he wouldn't have his job if he couldn't at least pretend to have it.

Also there was rumor of others in the dev team playing TR and VS, the only thing i could trust is being defensive about their creations.
    If the dev and/or balancing team would be like the forum, we would never get anything new because they would accuse each other of making their stuff for "their" faction to strong.
    • Up x 1
  14. Deathcapt

Natirs is not BCP... he's just in BCP's retinue.

Buzz was streaming, and thus contributing through talking on the stream.
  15. Gadamlu

wrong, they are still yellow. the pistoles anyway
  16. bodmans

um, where's new patch notes?
  17. G3arfried

If the chaingun actually looked like your sig i would so get it.
  18. Scan

Because it's so obvious it needed nerfing, it's not even worth mentioning.