Tell SOE What You Think of ZOE - Before It's Too Late!

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Myka, May 18, 2013.

1. DonC

That is insane, feels like he just grabbed a UT mutator.
  2. Myka

That video no longer represents ZOE's agility - it was made before the sprint buff was removed.
  3. YoXn

"It's been confirmed that the sprint agility buff currently on Test will be removed - making the module's agility a negligible advantage at best, and certainly nowhere near as effective as the current sprint, making it worthless in that respect." Link please?

I am in love with the current Zealot overdrive. I think it is sick, it's a high risk, high reward ability.
    One shot less to kill is huge considering a Max fires off 2 AI weapons. I think you guys are just
    over thinking this as a bad thing. I think this will make us overpowered, even though we already
    have the best max in the game.
  4. Zapon

Yes, it's been nerfed hard- the sprint speed is now less than a infnatryman's sprint speed with the nerf
  5. Myka

I knew it would happen, but I am utterly sick to the back teeth today. I've been VS since Beta, and this is the first time I've seriously considered switching to another faction. There is no point playing VS when we get shafted every single patch.

Not only is ZOE still a bag of ****, they ruined the Saron as well.

**** you SOE.
  6. ShadowAquilaX

Oh Yoxn....If we weren't OP before we are now. The unbelievers shall now bow to the might of the Vanu. For we shall unleash our zealots upon the technologically inferior.
  7. Skadi

GODLIKE
  8. Strottinglemon

I'd prefer something along the lines of mobility thrusters. Remove the damage boost of ZOE, but increase mobility greatly, adding the option to control your MAX like a less cumbersome version of a HAWKEN mech, like this:

• Up x 1
  9. YoXn

So, still hating ZOE? I am not, and I was right.
  10. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Could you please elaborate what you aim to achieve with that post?
    I suppose your question is rhetoric, but I can't quite tell why it was raised at all.
  11. CptFirelord

I think the ZOE is fine, I love it on my VS alt. Only thing I could ask for is a little faster movement, seeing how we're giving up the sprint ability.
  12. eatcow0

personally i think the zoe is bad***. I tested it in vr soon as I patched and saw its potential. Took it to the field and fell in love. Who cares if we are pink and sparkly, we are already wearing purple spandex and purple camo most of the time anyways. Before using it I had severe doubts but if you think its bad after using it I doubt your using it in a productive manner.
  13. Myka

Actually no, not hating it. I'm surprised at how useful the agility actually is in most combat situations, and it allows the MAX more utility than it had before. I'm happy to admit when I'm wrong. :)

If anything I feel that the damage buff, especially at lower levels (the one less bullet TTK with AI weapons seems to start at around L4, below that, the buff is there but does no good as there are no fractional bullets) could use a slight increase. Overall though, I'm impressed. Consider me a convert.
  14. TwinTurboAudi

I LOVE THE ZOE, forget the damage buff, I like the agility. Also, the extra damage you take and the christmas tree effect are both acceptable as it balances out the mobility buff. I have often felt like the Vanu got the short straw when it came to faction specific equipment eg; Magrider has no turret and the lack of high rate of fire weapons for infantry. I was so happy to see that we finally get something cool, now some jealous SOB is crying with fake statistics. Well I got some fake statistics for you too, 100% of all Vanu love the ZOE.
    • Up x 1
  15. SolidSnake

Could have fooled me, nothing fake about that. The increase in VS Max usage has gone through the roof, which I don't mind, let the purple freaks have some fun. The problem is they made them too effective. What was the crying about NC Scatmaxes? that it was too effective in CQC, it was eventually nerfed. Now that ZOE Maxes are sliding around ALL OVER the place taking out players left and right at way further distances than Scatmaxes ever could, that's somehow acceptable. At least if I faced a Scatmax before I knew to keep my distance and my chances of killing it increased significantly. With a ZOE Max you can't land enough shots before you're mowed down, from further than a Scatmax effective range.

The movement speed buff is too much. I think the Max will still be viable without so much extra movement. The strafing speed at least needs to be reduced significantly.
  16. Teoke

Just remove the Damagebuff then, since its only shaves off 1 (one) bullet off the time to kill. Damage isnt a trait of the VS so it would make sense to remove that. Mobility should be the same so we can dodge stuff, since we take more damage. That's the whole point of ZOE, dodging instead of soaking.

Perhaps make it take 3 - 5% more damage if you're eager to get it nerfed. Do not nerf its mobility. Mobility is the VS main faction-trait.

If the Damagebuff gets removed, they could instead make the speed be scaled with cert level, so Rank 1 ZOE maxes doesnt go as fast as those who've invested 2250 certs into it
  17. Vanon

What the hell is the point of a test server if everything we say is ignored. You had 90% of the population on it saying it was either Blatently OP or borderline OP. NO ONE says it was fine the way it was.
  18. UnDeaD_CyBorG

I personally refuse to repair ZOE MAXes, unless they are standing in a door infront of a hostile spawn firing comets.

The purple punks never stand still, thus never give me cover, and are blatantly content with taking increased damage and drawing fire while I'm supposed to repair them. I just won't.
    I also won't use the ability myself because it's still incredibly boring, it still has no tactical niche (As said above, people just keep it always on), and I can actually fight with weird loadouts like a Lasher now, because a glowing max draws way more fire. So it has it's bright sides. :p
  19. ih8Darian

Nice over exaggeration, in reality it's not even all that great, it's only OP compared to your shield, IMO the only max ability that needs change is the NC shield, it's way too UP. Have you even tried ZOE? You're probably only complaining because a vast majority of vanu is using a new ability they think are cool, and because there's a lot of them people get killed by them more often therefore they call for nerfs.
  20. Satanam

ZOE, the SOE is too OP! I mean...

Did anyone do this joke before? Sorry if so.