SweetFX

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by dbzcri, Nov 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thentar

Why do people always think that if someone disagrees with them that they don't get it? I understand what you are saying. I don't AGREE with what you are saying. Just like I can understand that someone is a racists bigot but I don't agree with their world view and as much as they keep telling me about their white power movement and how gay men and lesbian women shouldn't be able to get married I'll NEVER agree with them. I understand that their mind set but it doesn't change the fact that they are racist bigots.

The difference here is everything I've said here pertaining to PS2 is in line with SOE's policy and the fact that you don't like that policy...well put your case forward but you've already got the answer on why they won't allow SweetFX and other programs like it. You babbling on about how everyone "doesn't get it" is akin to a 4 year old child trying to explain to mum why they should be able to have some chocolate right before dinner.
  2. Ronux

I do what's needed to keep a playable FPS. They need to optimize the mess of a game before they start even thinking of banning people for SweetFX. I could care less if I get banned for using it, if I can't use SweetFX I can't play the game at a playable FPS anyways. While my system could be now considered low end, I should still be able to play properly on low-med settings not being stuck at 5fps in a small battle.
  3. Lavans

If using SweetFX gives you noticeably better FPS, then there is something wrong with your system. SweetFX is nothing more than an injector that works as an overlay. It does not replace or modify any of the existing files in PS2. The game client is remaining unchanged. What SweetFX DOES modify is a DirectX library (d3d9.dll). This is a pretty clear indication that your install of DirectX is broken, or something in your system is broken, since the only thing that's being changed is DirectX to allow SweetFX to work.
  4. Hatamoto

writing an essay doesnt change the fact you didnt get it :) wp though
    • Up x 2
  5. RadarX

Closing this up as it's off topic for this section.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.