SweetFX

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by dbzcri, Nov 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hatamoto

This is a real circus ... add options so we can remove FXAA and load the unmodified sweet fx files into the approval library ... until you can optimize the game some more id suggest you do what it takes to keep people playing on atleast decent fps.
    • Up x 1
  2. Legitsu

funny because there is 4 Monitors on my desktop
    and if the engine is broken enough to where a high FOV will let you see though walls well then the devs need to ./uninstall because that kind of brokenness is just pathetic
    and ill reiterate again
    YOU CAN NOT STOP PEOPLE FROM CHEATING CHEATING IS A MORAL PROBLEM NOT A TECHNICAL ONE!!!! IF somebody REALLY wants to play unfairly then there gonna do just that
    and for the record sony could't eliminate **** from there own rectums if the on going Incidents with the ps3-hacking haven't shown you that then there is no hope for you
    • Up x 2
  3. Lavans

You're right. Cheating is a moral issue. Its up to Sony to punish those who are cheating, since neither you or I have the power to do so. If they feel that SweetFX can potentially compromise the ability to play at a level playing field, then who are we to say otherwise? You can keep using SweetFX, and you may or may not be banned for it. But if you do get banned, then you can't say you didn't know. It doesn't take a genious to figure out that .dll injection is in its own form a modification of the game client, as it uses a modified d3d9.dll rather than the standard .dll that the game is intended to use.

Also, its not uncommon to be able to see through walls with triple monitor setups. Nearly every Source engine game has this issue as well. Only difference is that Valve hasn't caught on to it yet, or simply does not care.
    • Up x 1
  4. Hatamoto

releasing the game too early and then ban people who use optimized compensation for some of the flaws, THATS cheating ..
    • Up x 1
  5. Thentar

Generalisation how? The person said "If you get banned you'll be the first ever... Totally worth the risk." and there have already been bans issued out for all types of 3rd party programs including ones that just deal with altering the display to span multiple monitors better. It has already been said that if you hook the DX system you can and will be banned. My point is they are banning players that are not hacking but just trying to get the display better for their system and have said here that they won't let 3rd party apps even more benign then SweetFX. SweetFX can be used to spot vehicles and players, including infiltrators, more easily. So use it and you should expect to be banned.
  6. Thentar

You don't get it ... they can't allow these programs because if they do then real cheaters can mask themselves behind these programs. Secondly you'll always get people making the stupid statement you did. Even if they went through beta for another year you'd still have people wanting to use things like SweetFX because they think it is better. Even if it does increase your performance it does so in a manner that is against the EULA.
  7. Thentar

Oh and look here.
    This person got banned for using SweetFX. So ****. The person I replied to said that no one would get banned for it and people have gotten banned for it. The discussion on "IF" they should have gotten banned is pretty simple too but the it is a FACT that bans have happened so the "Worth the risk" statement is just going to get people in trouble.
    This person thought they were safe "before" a anti-hack patch. Guess again sun shine. You and this person might think SweetFX is ok but it is NOT according to SOE.
  8. Lavans

Exactly. In addition to this, there are post process effects ( such as SMAA ) that can cause transparency and render specific effects through objects when coded to do so. Ambient occlusion is known to do this from time to time. There was also a shader for Minecraft's GLSL mod that basically beacons the player towards diamond nodes whenever they were near one, even if it wasn't visible.
    http://pastebin.com/JcSnq1GG
  9. Freyar

I'd suggest NOT using SweetFX for now.
  10. Hatamoto

You dont get it im afraid .. they should add simple menu options so we can tweak the graphics on different levels. They can satisfy a large portion of the player base just by making the graphics customizable. Adding sweet to the allowed list of file detection should be easy as well. Higby even stated he used sweetfx so he should know the thing is safe and effective to use.
  11. Thentar

I do get it ... I don't agree with some of what you say. Graphics settings should expand like AA settings etc but there are some effect, like many of the ones you can do in SweetFX that break game play because they can be used to highlight things like cloakers. Just because Higby uses sweetfx doesn't mean everyone should. Higby also uses an admin client and cheats by giving himself certs and spawning vehicles where and when ever he wants.

Get this through your brain. SweetFX and other programs like it can be used to give an unfair advantage to players using it and it can kill the effectiveness of the infiltrator. Argue with me all you want but those are the facts. You might as well be a creationist and tell me that evolution isn't real.
  12. Hatamoto

Dont begin a post with i get it if you dont :p but nevermind, its not leading anywhere.
  13. Mansen

Silly Thentar.... <3 :rolleyes:
  14. MisterBond

They won't allow SweetFX because Nvidia has -PAID- the PS2 dev's and forced them to use the FXAA/TXAA anti-aliasing option Nvidia provides

That is why they are banning SweetFX users, and they can deny that all they want.
  15. Mansen

:rolleyes:

Better to fetch the tinfoil hats people!

The only deal nVidia have made is for the massive PhysX advertisements both on GPU and CPU.
  16. Freyar

Your tin-foil hat is not VS standard.
  17. Duckforceone

SOE actually stated that they do not consider this a full cheat, but they will not allow it, as to allow it to run, opens their anti cheat program to further cheats.
  18. JoCool

I'd just like to disable the FXAA / blur and increase the crispness and colourfulness a bit. I am sure they will add more graphical options once they have squashed most of the bugs, along with PhysX and Ultra Textures in the menu. Would be great if those things could be edited in the .ini and someone at SOE writes up a guide on its commands. ^_^
  19. Iksniljiksul

Ah, so anything which helps me increase frame rates to make the game playable is considered an unfair advantage, yet those who do not have "fps issues" and a much better connection making them near untouchable against those with these "issues" is considered fair. My fps drops to 7-10 at times in large battles, everything on low, render at 70-80%, lowest resolution in a window, even though I have system specs above the minimum requirements. Its fair to buy a new machine but unfair to fix the clunky API that is DirectX?

I'm getting a bit tired of being free XPs for those "highly skilled" (due to nice fps) players. I start shooting then he starts shooting, equal gear, everything hits him including head shots yet I am dead and he walks away barely scratched? Or the miracle two shots I'm dead even though I'm HA and he's also HA using a LMG?
  20. PapaSmurf

Higby stated in the Gamespot stream that he'd mention it to the techies about possibly having an option to disable to FXAA.

READ THAT AS A DISCUSSION ABOUT IT NOT THAT IT WILL HAPPEN
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.