SweetFX

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by dbzcri, Nov 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gary

All ready a post on macro software built into peripherals.
  2. Legitsu

>I do not believe this program can turn cloakers orange that would require altering gamefiles

Actually this could be done. I don't for a moment think the guys who wrote SweetFX would, but somebody could, and they would claim while doing it that "they were just running SweetFX". You can start to see some of our problem in that example.
    N O P E !

it not possible with the way the shader cloak shader is done

can you people quit bringing this "WELL ITS POSSIBLE it could be used to cheat garbage up" and even then the best way to make such a hack would be to simplly draw a box around the players using windows AERO
    punkbuster has never and will never flag a generic d3D.dll hook this is FACT if you don' t belive me contact evenbalence punkbuster isn;t even capable of detecting stuff at the Direct media layer level at least not behaviorally (unless you feed it indepth details of the rendering pipe and what is expected even then there are more ways around that then I feel comfortable talking about on this board)

to drive this point home run the game windowed and turn on windows magnifier and enable color invert has no effect on the cloak
    http://cl.ly/LEuA/Image 2012-11-30 at 1.53.05 AM.png
    • Up x 1
  3. Turn5ignal

If it was possible we'd have seen it done by now, shader injection is not new by any means.
  4. Lavans

The issue isn't with the injector itself. The issue is that people who are knowledgeable with writing .dll's could easily modify the injector for specific results that could give an unfair advantage. Heck, to a point, you can do this with drivers too. There are certain AO compatibility profiles with Nvidia, and AA profiles with both AMD and Nvidia, that sometimes causes objects to render as transparent, or allows the AO effect to be seen when the object that projects the occlusion isn't in view.

Sony is erroring on the side of caution. You should too. If you want enhanced colors, then tweak your monitor settings or driver settings. Some monitors have a sharpness settings that help reduce the waxy blur caused by the edge AA in PS2. In a lot of situations, injectors are nothing more than a user friendly alternative to what we already have. The only difference between injection and monitor tweaks is that injector settings carry over to screenshots and video footage.

Don't get me wrong. I loved the FXAA injector, and I love the SweetFX injector...but it's not worth the risk to me, especially after spending nearly $100 on PS2.
    • Up x 1
  5. absolofdoom

They say they'll look into it but blah blah blah...bs, just do it ffs. You think I believe your whole team of experienced, paid programmers and artists can't do the same thing a hobbyist can whip up in their spare time? The real reason is it doesn't matter that much to them, and the least they could do is allow us to use this program instead. But nope, we gotta pull the "scary hacks omg" excuse out of the bag, because we know that the only thing gamers hate more than bs is hackers. You know what? There's gonna be hackers who couldn't care less if sweetfx exists, with their own code, and even if you catch them it'll take mere minutes for them to make a new free account. How do you think you're gonna stop them, eh? You won't. So don't goddamn punish your legit customers for it.

There's your angry post for any of you playing Forumside bingo.
    • Up x 2
  6. Turn5ignal

Funny thing is it doesn't matter you can apply SweetFX to the dx9 folder instead and bypass their detection.
  7. Copasetic

The game still loads the dlls to use them, at that point it could look for the modifications SweetFX makes to them. Or just checksum them against a whitelist of approved versions.
  8. Sythril

I can see their point regarding supporting an external program, however for me personally it massivly improves the gameplay. I dont have a powerful machine, most zerg fights I get around 20-30 fps and around 40 in empty open ground, SweetFX allows me to run the game on normal settings but with enhanced visuals. Borders of textures are much smoother, colours are vivd and defined and the game just feels so much better.

It does baffle me why PS2 decided to use the graphics settings and capabilities it does currently as there are obviously better options available (for free by the looks of it).

Guess for the moment its **** graphics output or running a program that could be classed as a hack, still amuses me though that a dev admits to using a program to improve the graphical output that is not whitelisted and has been categorised as 'a program with potential for hacks'. If one of the games own dev uses an external program to make the graphics better what does that say about the game....
  9. direwind

couldnt the same type of injector alter textures for players making them easier to see and easier to attack.. maybe it could also toggle rendering of objects, lettig people see through buildings...

sweetfx doesnt do this, but couldnt another directx infector do this.... reason why they all need to be banned
  10. Sythril

It is true, however the game itself has been stated to not be at its graphical peak. I remember someone saying (and no I don't have the post link) that their is not equipment available yet that could run the game on its max settings which is why they are not available for use as of yet.

I just wish the graphics were crisper than they are currently, yes they are still wonderful however SweetFX for example is actual proof that without impacting on your fps, lag or anything else the game visuals can be improved. Especially relevant for those who have lower end machines, better graphics options or some similar to those in SweetFX (im sure there are other apps doing something similar) would improve things for everyone :)
  11. Freyar

It's not about "what could be done" it's about making sure the client is what it's supposed to be. In other singleplayer and multiplayer games it isn't that much of a problem, but once you step into MMO territory it gets more and more important to protect the integrity of the client. "It doesn't hurt anything!" isn't a valid argument.
  12. Thentar

There have already been a bunch of bannings for use of third party programs. Some of them for using programs to span PS2 across multiple displays. So you go on thinking that they won't ban people.
  13. Exchequer

It is actually HDR or Bloom. HDR is the "prettier" option:

I guess by default the game uses Bloom (I have seen some sun glares).
  14. Mansen

Nice generalization with no understanding of what types of 3rd party applications are bannable - and more importable why. Keep quiet and read up.
  15. JoCool

So, can we inject SweetFX into our DX9 files?

This way we will not alter the game client.
  16. Legitsu

you are missing the point
    my point is.was that if someone wants to hack they can take a generic D3D dll from the freeking Microsoft directX SDK and use that Hell they could even modify the copy in the system32 folder and then where are you?
    no "hacker" on this earth is gonna use SweetFX to make there "cheats"
    1. because the modifications to sweetfx would interfere with there own code
    2.sweet fx has some fuctions stripped away making it realtively useless for writing 'cheats'

"hackers" write there own injectors and you can't block all methods of injection with out extensive protected memory-evilness and even then all you are gonna do is make them write a proxy injector ... there is always a way so please stop buying there ******** that its "to prevent cheating" you CAN NOT prevent cheating period if someone wants to write a `hack` then they are gonna write a hack and there is no power on this earth you can wield to stop them thats what it means to be a "hacker" they are always 5 or 6 steps ahead of you the only thing you can do is scan for some of the common hacks that some 12 year own installs from google and ban those everything else is a waste of time

most of the comments that say this could be used to write cheats are from people that don't code and don't have clue and are Blindly believing what ever they are told because they don't know any better -.-
    this crap drives me absolutely insane people talking about stuff they really don't have a clue about WAKE UP SHEEPLE
    • Up x 2
  17. Zakuak

So this sweetfx makes the game look better? I am tempted to check it out but do not want to be on the receiving end of a ban hammer. What a bumber, seems a lot of players thought it made the game better from what I have been reading.

The game is growing on me every day and that is NOT because of it's graphics lol. The game play is just spot on the fun mark for me but I always find myself looking around saying to myself "wow that texture is horrid!" or "damn this scenery is really nice but just missing that final little something".

I have a machine I thought would run the game just fine with a AMD XT 1100 6core on 16 gigs of ram, 2 EVGA 680 GTX's in SLI and a bank of SSD's but I still get slapped with nasty FPS drops every so often. Does SweetFX smooth the FPS out at all?

You would hope if SweetFX is giving what the players want, then SOE would dive into taking a closer look at it...maybe they are....I can imagine it being a bit of a hassle for a SOE group to mess about with a third party piece of software though...
  18. Supermop2000

To be honest, SOE's only logical course of action here is to bundle SweetFX client in with the game and work with the SweetFX developer to lock it down.

I tried it out. I get better FPS.

Seriously, if a graphical post-processor can improve framerate, I think they need to ditch attempts at making their own shaders better and just use this.
    • Up x 2
  19. Turn5ignal

That would be so great!
  20. Lavans

I got the point a long time ago. This isn't the first time that a company decided to look at injectors as a bannable offence. There's a reason why Sony says "no more SweetFX". This is their game, and these are their terms, regardless if you agree with them or not.

What you're failing to realize is that Sony is trying to eliminate ANY possibility of unfair play, regardless of how large or small that risk is. This is also the reason why we have such a shallow FOV, because people with triple monitor setups used to be able to see through walls. How many people do you think uses 3 monitors for gaming? A lot less than the people that use SweetFX, I can tell you that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.