SweetFX

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by dbzcri, Nov 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbzcri

First of all devs plese tell us if it is considered as a hack because alot of us are using it and we wouldnt want to get banned.
    Second . It only tweeks the graphics so i dont think it should be considered as a hack but s a means so that players with low specs pcs have decent frames per sec.
    Third . It solved big issue . I turned everything on low and installed sweetfx . I GOT FROM 20ish frames to 50 - 60 frames constant and it looks gorgeous . It doesnt affect anymore my k/d :D . It is simply a must have .
    Whats everyone elses opinion. (if u want my setting for sweetfx say and ill post them) .
  2. Babylon Rocker

3. Babylon Rocker

oh yeah, and confirmation from SOE would be nice, id rly would like to use it in action, but with bought stationcash i dont wanna jepoardize my account...
  4. dbzcri

In choose effects this is what u modify as 1 the rest remain 0 . Please post your opinions :D
    Choose effects
    #define USE_LUMASHARPEN 1
    #define USE_BLOOM 1
    #define USE_HDR 1
    #define USE_TECHNICOLOR 1
    #define USE_DPX 1
    #define USE_VIBRANCE 1
  5. Chubzdoomer

How do those settings impact your frame rate?
  6. Gary

Wondering if anyone has the settings that make it look nicer then the default. Without much performance impact. Frame rates are not much of an issue for me.
  7. dbzcri

Dont really know how. It just does. Dont believe me try them and post your opinion. And it looks nicer than default :D at least in my opinion.
  8. Babylon Rocker

Afaik it turns of some of the built in PS2 effects and adds a few (better optimized!?) of its own or something like that....
  9. Andystrike2

my frames are improving but it still is bad i put renderdistance to 1000 and installed AMD sofeware which really helped but frames still skip in battle and AMD help u out in a lot of games but cut to the point anyone can help me with frame skipping?
  10. General Epeen

As I mentioned in the other thread discussing this:

Performance wise I saw no difference (and did not expect to), still 50-60fps in large battles.

The difference in clarity however is amazing. I cannot and will not go back.

If SOE ban people for using sweetfx before they ban the aimbotters and hackers then something is seriously wrong.
  11. zgunner

As far as I know you can't use a program that modifies the game's script. Someone already posted about this around a week ago and Twist responded. He said they would let us know after they check the program out.
  12. greyfu

On the 24th The @Planetside2 twitter retweeted a Reddit thread with featuring 2160p Screenshoots using SweetFX as it was live service at this time. By retweeting this and the fact it was clearly stated in the tweet that SweetFX was in use it would be fair to see this as an official positive indication that SweetFX is ok to use and this hasnt been made clearer by the current sticky.

Hopefully someone checks it out.
  13. Freyar

SOE is chaotic. The risk for bans is still there.
  14. Copasetic

On the other hand RadarX said it's not allowed, so there's that.
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...modifications-announcement.55674/#post-692380
  15. Turn5ignal

Doesn't really matter if they say it's ok or no, it's a plugin for dx9 and doesn't change any gamefiles or memory. It works a lot like using AA from your drivers. Also it's undetectable unless they are actively scanning your HDD and they would have to change their TOS do that.

Edit: Even Dice said they can't stop people from using it on BF3.
  16. Deamian

configuring how YOUR graphics card talks to YOUR monitor simply should not even be discussed.. I don't even think they will comment on it because that's all it is.
    • Up x 1
  17. Freyar

When you've got hooks in the render, it's a problem. Steam's overlay can be ID'd by PB, and if I recall, they did mention they intended for Punkbuster.
  18. Aenori

I really want to use it.. for the short time i did it actually greatly improved my play experience i gained not that many fps only like 5 in big battles from 25 to 30 but the random stuttering finally was gone.. no more locking up for half a sec or annoying things like that. Which made flying almost impossible to certain locations.
  19. Atromnis

I'm using it currently. No bans yet. I'll keep using it until I get forced to remove it. This game is just too gorgeous to play without it.
  20. Gary

Seems like a bit of a stupid risk. I wouldn't be surprised if you got banned and then they quoted this thread and refused to allow you access to the game,
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.