[SUGGESTION] Light Assault Sounds

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Silver Pepper, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Stargazer86

Go to the LA forums. Quite a number of people disagree about this change.
  2. Silver Pepper

See, that sounds perfectly fine to me. Maybe lower the volume a bit to stop people QQing, because we all know it's forumside, but really? It's alright.
  3. thrikerr

Light assault isn't supposed to be some super stealthy tacticool action hero class. It has a very limited role in the metagame in its current form, and no, having the silent jetpack doesn't make the class any more "useful", unless by useful you mean contributing to the annoying randomness factor that already plagues combat in this game.

We'll see what they do with the class in the light assault update, but the louder jetpack is definitely a good move.
  4. Silver Pepper

I like how on the thread about it on the LA forums, half the LA players seem to be forgetting they have access to C4.

"OMG WER USELESS"

... Although, that may be because I view Light Assaults as one-use C4 dispensers.
  5. Hagestol

Quote me the post that says we aren't supposed to be like that, because thats exactly how we're designed at live right now. Poor weaponry, great flanking ability.

Lets try attaching that sound to your class and see what happens. Preferably while disabling your utilities as well so you really see how fun it is.
  6. Silver Pepper

They would, the same way people in ESFs disagreed with nerfing rocketpods, Lib gunners disagreed with nerfing splash on Zephyrs, the Vanu cried when their tanks stopped being spiders, and the TR cried then HE Prowlers stopped being a thing.
  7. Silver Pepper

I play Light Assault a fair bit when soloing, and I'm perfectly fine with the sound. I like the way I can almost feel the power of the jump-jets through my headphones. It makes flying around like a budget-cut Peter Pan even more satisfying.

Also, WTF at the people who say "your class" as if the game doesn't allow switching between classes as the situation dictates.
  8. Hagestol

Well yes, sorry, just used to dealing with infiltrators at the LA forum. The sound makes my head hurt and it makes it so everyone in a building can hear a LA scale a nearby wall. Kinda ruins the flanking part of the class.
  9. Silver Pepper

Not if you're in a mahoosive battle. Yes, if you're a single light assault ghost capping. In which case I wholeheartedly support you getting turned into red mist. But in the middle of a giant fight? People are more occupied by the ScatMAX or glowing Heavy shooting in front of them than they are by the light assault they heard.

Chances are he's just Peter Pan'd off somewhere else to shoot someone else, riiiight?

Totally not your problem to deal with.

Totally.
  10. Hagestol

If you're LA, why are you in a mahoosive battle? LAs primary job is to get the vehicle gens and clear out potential threats before the cav runs in. It is what we're best at, and where flanking really shines. When the defenders can hear you from 60m away you're not gonna get the drop on anyone and our weapons aren't exactly great at long ranges.
  11. Whiteagle

The only problem I see is that it's a bit too loud on the ears of the Jet-packer...
    If you need a magically silent jump booster to infiltrate a base, you are doing it wrong!
  12. Hagestol

So doing it right is alerting everyone in the area so they can protect the generator, forcing us face alert and aware players head on? Roger that. Where do I pick up my overshield, LMG and launcher? Because I'm fairly certain the LA isn't equipped to deal with other classes head on when they know you're coming and the skill level is equal.
    • Up x 1
  13. Whiteagle

Dude, there are purposely placed holes in all Planetside 2 Base Defenses for Infantry to exploit.

Again, if you need a silent booster to get the drop on someone, you're not actually thinking with Jet-packs!
  14. WookLordz

well, i did indeed miss it. thanks for being cool.
  15. WookLordz

But you see, regardless of what it's "supposed" to be, the LA currently fits a nice playstyle of psuedo-stealthy hunter/stalker, lone wolf, etc. Many people, myself included, have invested many hours, certs, and real money over the last 6 months building that LA. Now for Sony to say, "Oops, that's not what we really wanted, so we are going to make your class loud as ****." That is not "balancing." That is a slap in the face to those people. You cannot compensate for this like the last shotgun balancing. All that meant is you had to apply a little more care and skill in lining up your shots. This is ********.
  16. WookLordz

Dude. That is the most profoundly observant thing I've ever seen written down. Now I'll blow your mind. The only people who think its too quiet are those who don't play as LA & they all really want the jet pack to be louder. Mind. Blown.
    • Up x 1
  17. giltwist

I'll make you a deal. You set the jetpack volume at whatever you think it should be, and make the infiltrator cloak 1 decibel lower.
  18. Whiteagle

The complaints of a bad Light Assault player...

...I can "Infiltrate" just as good as you can as an Engineer, giving me Vertical Mobility is icing on the cake.
  19. Pikeman84

I don't like this change in the slightest.

The LA class revolves around suprising foes and attacking from unexpected directions. With jumpjets this loud, how are we supposed to sneak up on anybody? The LA lacks the weapons and tools to stand up to other classes in a head on fight. The ability to outflank is the lynchpin to the entire class. Without that, we'll be reduced even more to a C4 delivery system.

As for the whole, "LA can infiltrate better than an infiltrator." argument, I agree. As it is, it's easier for a LA to sneak into enemy bases compared to an infiltrator. However, this should not be removed from the LA class. Both classes, infiltrator and LA are supposed to be able to attack the enemy from unexpected locations. Infiltrators should be given more tools to infiltrate, LA shouldn't be penalised instead. If two people order the same sandwhich from a restaraunt, and one patron recieves a moldy sandwhich, they don't take away the other man's sandwhich and replace it with another moldy one just to make things "fair".
    • Up x 1
  20. WookLordz

Done and done. I'll even give you COMPLETE SILENCE because I play infiltrator too and it sucks.