[SUGGESTION] Light Assault Sounds

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Silver Pepper, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Silver Pepper

Suggesting that different faction Light Assaults have different jetpack noises, the same way ESFs and Infiltrators can be identified by how they sound.

VS Jets: Higher pitched
    NC Jets: Lower pitched
    TR Jets: Default sound
    • Up x 5
  2. MarlboroMan-E

Agree. But I'm a little store about the new sounds and volume I'm hearing about.
    • Up x 2
  3. Malkryst

Maybe, I just wish they hadn't made the new LA sounds so LOUD and annoying. It's such an annoying sound I almost don't want to use my jump jets anymore - it sounds like a cannon is going off on my back.

I hate to think how it would sound when I "feather" my jump jets bit by bit to break my fall speed gradually from altitude - it must be like a series of sonic booms all the way down.
  4. Yoroi

Shouldn't VS LA have sound similar to a magrider or a scythe? Not as loud, of course.
    • Up x 1
  5. WookLordz

These new jump jet sounds are unacceptably loud.
    • Up x 2
  6. Silver Pepper

Agreeing with that. Although the sound on live was also too quiet, IMO.

Still, assuming the devs fix the WTFVOLUME issue, still think the jets need to have a sound specific to faction. Maybe only a subtle difference, like the difference between infil cloaks, but a difference all the same.
  7. OldMaster80

I think the main reason they're so loud is that so far they've been too silent, basically stealing the scene to Infiltrators. Current sound settings on live server are very stupid: the cloaking device can be heard from 90-100 if no one is shooting in the surroundings, but jetpack is instead totally silent. This is one of the reasons why LA are currently much better at infiltrating than Infiltrator themeselves.
    • Up x 14
  8. skoorviel

Word up, brother. Loud jetpack audio is good. LA's shouldn't be Infiltrators.
    • Up x 6
  9. thrikerr

The loud jetpacks are awesome. They sound cool and make it harder to fly around undetected. Faction-specific sounds would be another step in the right direction.
    • Up x 5
  10. OldMaster80

After all it'a jetpack, not a water gun :D
  11. Loegi

Seems like a pretty good idea. The current sounds are a bit wrong at the moment in my opinion too, seems like they pop real loudly and then they're just normal. Sounds like something's going wrong on my back.

VS needs to sound like magnets.
    NC needs to sound like America.
    TR needs to sound awesome.
    Don't ask me how.

And while I do not like the change directly, it had too happen.
    • Up x 3
  12. giltwist

The old jump jet sounds are unacceptably quiet. It is simply unreasonably that an infiltrator cloak can be heard from 100m under quiet conditions and 30m under intense gunfire yet the LA jetpack can only be heard from a few meters under even ideal conditions.
    • Up x 1
  13. WookLordz

So I guess the solution is not to make the cloak sound quieter? The giant bang really makes me not want to play my LA anymore.
    • Up x 1
  14. Syphers

It shouldn't be all that loud really but most importantly the infiltrators sounds should be toned down. They glow at night, they can be heard from 80 meters and they called it the infiltrator lol. Hopefully some of those new cloaks and stuff won't be implemented in 3-4 months or something like that but sooner
    • Up x 1
  15. Silver Pepper

No. :|
  16. WookLordz

Well you're at it, let's demand that they make the HA shield have a buzzing noise as well.
  17. Silver Pepper

Sounds good.
  18. OldMaster80

It already glows in the dark, making them very spottable.
    BTW this is a real jetpack sound (take off at 1:19).

(I NEED ONE OF THOSE AS WELL!)
  19. Takoita

It sounds alright from the outside. Maybe adjust the volume of the sound for the player themselves so that they won't be deafened by their own jetpacks?
    • Up x 3
  20. Goretzu

The new sounds are "unacceptably" balanced.

The Jetpacks needed to be louder, the old ones were practically silent which was wrong on several balance levels.