Stutter fixed !?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by XRIST0, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stongtea

Still getting frame drops.

Seems the patch increased my base frames, running across nr the VS warpgate got to 80 frames (normally struggle to get 45) but still dipping to less than 5. I had hitching pre patch.
  2. NC_agent00kevin

It still stutters and hesitates in tanks and vehicles at times, but its not constant.

On foot its mostly gone. I also got an FPS increase - but where I didnt need it. I already got 50-75 FPS in lightly populated areas...I needed a performance increase in major battles. I still run 25-30fps in those with some lag spikes sprinkled in here and there.

I found it better to just crank everything up, some stuff to Ultra in the .ini file and get 25-45fps instead of 25-75 fps. Dropping from 40 frames to 25 isnt as jarring as dropping from 75 to 25.
  3. dr_Fell

It is not conclusion. If You are .ini capped - You are CPU bound in FPS meter. If You are GPU limited - FPS is not constant. Stop ********, go troll somewhere else.
  4. NC_agent00kevin

Yeah Im with the masses on this one.

I have a Phenom II B55 OCd to 3.73 ghz and I get about 20-25 FPS at The Crown. GTX 460. Ive got water cooling so I can go to 4 or better if I want on my A880 G+ Mobo but I shouldnt have to . This CPU slays everything else out there.

BUT IT DAMN SURE DONT RUN 60 FPS everywhere.
  5. ThereIsNoTry

After reverting my overclocked CPU my overall FPS are almost back to normal. But overall I have the feelding that the FPS are worse the larger a battle gets then before. Seems only to improve FPS when not much is around.
    Also I am still getting random FPS drops by 15-20 for several seconds for no apparent reason. It's less then before the hotfixes of GU2, but they still happen on a more or less regular basis.
    (e8400, gtx460)
  6. Mendetus

Are you guys really back to normal? I mean, YES I definitely noticed a big performance boost from unplayable to comfortably playable on medium. That being said, it's nowhere close to fixed - I used to run the game on high and get the same performance as I do on medium. When I switch it to high, it's unplayable again. I'm running gtx 650ti, 8GB ram ddr3 & a8 5500 quadcore AMD @4.2 ghz. Is anyone else in the same boat?? or am I like the only person who hasn't had a full return to normal performance
  7. tigz

Mendetus, I know how you feel. Since the GU2 my performance has not been up too the pre-UP2 stage yet. I log in now for about 10 minutes and that is about it.

It is a shame because I really like the game a lot. Sad sad panda.
  8. Mendetus

I know that feel bro.
    I just wish I knew whether their current belief is that the performance issues are fixed or if they understand there's more work to do on this and that some of us are still operating at noticeably sub-standard performance compared prior to the GU2. Draw distance for infantry is still a major issue as well but not sure if this is happening on high graphic settings as well
  9. Syphers

Yeah I still get stutters that I didnt have pre 02
  10. t31os

11. ShakaFire

I'm in the same state where my performance post GU2 are worst than pre GU2.
    My frame rates in battles are around 15-25 where i used to have 25-35. It's literraly game breakin, I can't enjoy the game anymore.
    • Up x 1
  12. nitram1000

Same boat. Still getting much lower fps since GU2 was released. It really was the patch from hell that killed the game for me. I get what feels like lag, the frames stop then start and I simply cannot play like this.

WE NEED AN OFFICIAL RESPONSE FROM DEVS THAT THEY ARE AWARE THAT THE PROBLEM STILL EXISTS.
  13. Wolvers

It's interesting that you have this problem and are using a 3570k. That's one in the eye for the 'buy a top end rig' brigade. Muppets. It's the game that needs sorting out, not people's rigs.
    • Up x 2
  14. nitram1000

I've done everything I can to try and fix it. I disabled my overclock on the CPU, I tried different RAM, complete re download of the whole game but still the game drops to 20-30 fps every 1-2 seconds. I have recorded it on MSI afterburner and you can see the fps dipping constantly, like clockwork, like a heartbeat. There is something seriously wrong with this patch and they are ignoring it.

I wouldn't mind so much but I paid for a 12 month membership upfront and have 15,000 SC and 6000 certs on my account, so have invested quite a bit.
  15. Zakuak

Played again for 4 or 5 hours last night.

I have moments where everything seems just dandy then I'll get some small stutters as I move between hexes/regions and approach a Amp station/biolab or what have you.

Again they are not big chronic drops of 1 FPS like we had last weekend but again I will say: I know when the games running good (PRE GU2) cuz I just played it, now I will be playing but its peppered with moments of "w.t.h. was that, w.t.h. damn stutter, w.t.h. here we go again".

Perception is a nasty thing. Your GU2 created such a performance stir among the community. The game could very well be running better on my rig right now but because of the commotion GU2 created with obvious performance drawbacks we are left noticing even the smallest of frame rate degradation. It just does not feel as smooooth as it used to...I dunno how else to put it.
  16. Mendetus

I don't think it's just placebo effect though Zakuak - I'm trying to be careful not to do that. I know for a fact that I cannot run on high anymore when I was running flawlessly on high before GU2. In fact, I'm afraid the placebo effect is going the other way.. it was so bad and unplayable that people are just happy that it's working well enough to play again that they don't notice how much degradation remains or who knows.. maybe they did fix it 100% for 75% of the community
  17. RadarX

Please continue to report frame rate issues but as this is related to the patch earlier this week, we'll go ahead and close this to prevent the two issues from getting mixed up.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.