Stutter fixed !?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by XRIST0, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolvers

Had a quick, 20 minute, blast last night and things have certainly improved on the smoothness front. More play time required of course before rubber stamping that.

What was apparent for me though, now that I can actually play with the new patch, is that the overall fps level has dropped slightly. I had the CPU indicator showing almost permanently when not in the warpgate, and I eventually had to drop the draw distance to 1500 along with particle and effects levels down to low. This got me back to the average fps (~35-40 in fights) that I had before the big update, but still leaves the game heavily CPU bound. Disappointing to say the least, especially after the big 'we're not done optimising' speech which was some time ago now.

Specs;
    FX-8350 @4.8ghz
    8gb DDR3 @2133MHz cl9
    HD7970 @1200MHz
    Samsung SSD
    Win8 Pro
  2. Camycamera

yep, stuttering is fixed. i recorded a 30 min long battle with my outfit, it was SO epic :D
  3. AstroCat

Stutter fixed.
    Performance drop not fixed.
    I am still many fps below where I was pre-patch with the same in-game and out of game settings.

System:
    2600k @4.2Ghz
    8GB
    EVGA GTX 680 (latest beta drivers)
    SB X-fi
    Win7 64bit
    • Up x 1
  4. BenYeeHua

Sometimes, as I getting more FPS in the wargate and the bio lab.
  5. GImofoJoe

A lot less stuttering, but still some occasionally, especially big fight.

At least it isn't drastic like dropping from 40 to 4 fps instantly, it was doing 30 to 15.
  6. BenYeeHua

And how about crash?
    I don't playing it for a long time, so it do not crash today.
  7. Scarmax

I played for 3+ hours last night and never saw the horrible frame rate "hitching" (rapidfire chunks of single digit frame rates) that I was having prior to the patch. It was a good time, and probably the least buggy play session I've had since Saturday. I saw other wierd stuff though, like an engineer's turret firing while the engineer himself was slowly floating away from the turret in a straight line out towards the battle. It was just what I was seeing because the enemy was shooting at the turret and not at his floating self, so apparently they didn't see the same thing I did. (No, I hadn't been drinking.) ;)
  8. Notheory

Stutter WAS fixed. Its back again.
  9. Zakuak

Played for about 5 hours last night after the 64mb patch.

I had one large FPS drop while in combat, I was making a sharp low altitude banked turn over a squad of TR. I came out of the FPS drop to find myself face first into a Rock spire nearby lol. Good ol TR on Jaeger left me some warm and heart felt /yells for that one.....=P. The combat was taking place just west of the NC INDAR WG those two or three small bases along the way to that AMP station out west (If the devs are curious to know where).

So yes the frequency of major FPS drops is different. I had that one big one and then some very small hickups over the course of my play session.

I will say that in some instances it felt as though the over all FPS was lower then pre GU2. Sorry I did not "alt-F" to check...I did ALT-f so much the first month of this game I'm kinda burnt out on checking haha.

I know when the games running good because you just play it and are not sitting there going "hey wth was that, hey wth was that, hey wth is this, hey wth...". Last night I did the "hey wth was that" only a few times when compared to last weekend I was saying that every 5 minutes.

Good fix overall, I'd say it fixed 90-95% of the FPS drops for me and I had a blast. Not as fluid as pre GU2 but enjoyable again!
  10. dr_Fell

Unfortunately I have the same issues. My FPS seem to be lower by 15-20% in crowded areas than it was before GU2. My FPS in empty areas seem to be a bit higher on the other hand. Still very low FPS when in tank.
  11. Cerberus29

Mine has definitely improved except around tech plants. If I look away from the tech plant I get 40-60 fps, but if I look at it I drop to 20-30 fps
  12. Mendetus

I've noticed a big improvement with stuttering since the last patch so definitely a step in the right direction. I was able to operate a good while without noticing the stutter but it did come back after some time, although it was less.
    I am still seeing models jumping in the air and just weird graphical issues with models.

I'm running comfortably on medium now which is great but still more work to do as I was operation on high comfortably before
  13. TintaBux

Fixed it for me. (For now)
  14. planetephantome

Stuttering seems to be fixed for me, but i didn't noticed improvement in fps, still running 12-21 fps max in large battles. Performances are the same as before GU02.
  15. Shatters

Had a steady 40 FPS even in large scale fights pre-patch. Currently im having such heavy FPS drops that the game is near unplayable. I have seen FPS as low as 5 FPS where i would have had 40-50 before. Also there seem to be certain area's that case my FPS to go below 5 when i look at them....
  16. Jexiah8bit

I just upgraded to a i5-3470 and a 2gb GTX660 factory OC'ed to 1300Mhz and only NOW am I getting the stuttering, when before I had a Pentium E5500 (HA!) and a GT430.
    My idle frames per second range from 80-110 on medium-high. Once in combat, I can get rapidly changing lows of 1-2 frames for a moment then back up.
  17. Jexiah8bit

Basic System Info:
    Intel i5-3470
    GIGABYTE OC GTX 660 1033/1330MHz
    HDD: 7200 rpm SATA 6 Gb/s Barracuda mechanical drive
    Motherboard: BIOSTAR TZ77A Z77 Chipset
    8 GB G.Skill Ripjaws X Series DDR3 RAM
    Samsung ODD
    HP Monitor
    nVidia Video Card Driver Version: 310.90
    Windows 7 Home Premium (in High Performance power management mode)

Stuttering Occurs When:
    Near 1 or more enemies
    Being shot at or shooting at an enemy
    When vehicles/ aircraft are operating around or near me
    When attempting to turn left or right even slightly

Frame Data:
    Operating on medium/high settings, I see 80-110 FPS going by in-game data when at home waypoint or when standing perfectly still and not near any active engagements
    Average 50-70 in battles when stuttering is not occurring.
    When stuttering occurs, my FPS drop very rapidly down to anywhere from 1 FPS to 4 FPS then shoot back up to near max.
  18. Diplocaulus

After playing for several hours today (Wednesday, 2/6), definitely an improvement. All play was on Genudine (US West) with graphic settings all to full.

- Relatively unpopulated Esamir was fine with the exception that I spotted a Liberator behaving strangely, flipping upside down and then rubber-banding across the sky.

- On the other hand, a busy battle on Indar at Rashnu Bio Lab started showing a lot of the flickering and rubber-banding artifacts associated with both infantry and ground and flying vehicles. It was BAD. While I was driving a Magrider a friendly Flash was driving behind and beside me, however it was both bouncing back and forth on the mini-map and visually, with an associated sound that resembled a manic fly buzzing around my head.

- Also the battle at Rashnu Bio Lab was showing an FPS hit, and while not a show-stopper it was definitely noticeable.

Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2GHz
    2 GeForce GTX 560 Ti FPB (Fermi) 1GB video cards (paired via SLI)
    HP ZR24w 1920x1200 monitor
    12GB (3 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
    Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit
  19. ThommiX

Fixed for me too. Played for hours without any stuttering.
    • Up x 1
  20. Luperza Community Manager

We've addressed a good portion of the issue with our latest hotfix. If you're still experiencing any major concerns, please continue to give us your feedback. We greatly appreciate it. :)
    • Up x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.