Stutter fixed !?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by XRIST0, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cortelas1

I have been getting 40-50 fps when no one is around. I have been getting 20-30 fps in large fights. I have been having to deal with stuttering on and off since beta. Before hotfix stuttering got me down to 2-3 fps. Now I'm getting 6-15 fps.

CPU: Intel i5 @ 2.50GHz
    GPU: Intel HD Graphics family
    Video Memory: 1,696 MB
    RAM: 6 GB
  2. Inzababa

yeah much better now, though haven't been in any big battles yet
  3. Swift231

patch cut peak and came after peak so we have yet to see big fights, personally the stuttering for me has decreased by about 80% but I'm still getting it nearly every 2 minutes or so, didn't get it before the main patch.
  4. cennsor

seems like the second hotfix made it playable again for me.

i'm running it on a very low end system, and while i had huge problems after the update/first hotfix, the game seems to run much smoother now. i'm getting no stutter, 50-60 fps in almost desert areas and regularly more than 20 (say 25-30) in medium fights. which is more than i used to.

i only tested it for some half an hour but the results really impressed me. of course i still have to check how it responds to big fights, and on a longer stint, but so far, so good!
  5. Naykon

I'm not suprised with those specs, ... Time for a new rig man.
  6. shadowmansm

Running on an AMD/ATI system here Phenom XII 955 and 7950.. all stuttering except for the occasional stutter for a min and then stop is gone. PLUS, I have the graphics at graphics, texture, and model high; along with ao and fs. This second hotfix made this game run better than EVER on my machine.. I limit my fps to 45 in the ini but I rarely drop below that even in big battles. I have been so impressed with this update, by far the best in terms of performance on my machine. I agree that there are still some map oddities as well but the game is playable and that is by far the most important aspect. ..finally they have delivered.
  7. High303

For me it's fixed too. game runs smoothly now. I'm now able to set quite high settings without loosing much performance. Much better than before GU2, I can enjoy good graphics now. I observed some stutters, but for very short moment after entering bigger battle and it didn't affect gameplay.
    And my specs are:
    AMD Phenom II x4 945 3.0GHz
    Nvidia 460GT
    8GB RAM

Now biggest issue is K/D ratio being too low, but something tells me that it doesn't have to be bug... :)
  8. Snapper

Nope, still getting random fps drops looking at the sky and micro stuttering near large facilities. Tested in the morning with almost no players.
  9. LameFox

It does seem like the game is less of a powerpoint presentation today.
  10. t31os

11. PresidentFreeman

It seems to have gone from macro to micro stutter, if that makes any sense. But still seems to only happen occasionally, about twice in the last couple hours.

Going by what I have seen so far it appears the latest patch worked, but it wouldn't be far-fetched to assume it isn't universal. People are still noticing stuttering outright and other sseem to have it happening only occasionally like me.
  12. t31os

SOE have said the fix may address stuttering for users, they never claimed it would fix things for everyone, so i personally am happy to see what future fixes bring and whether they can get performance back in line with how it was pre-patch.

I know they're still working on it, and clearly not everyone is getting an enjoyable framerate just yet, but i'm optimistic they'll make tweaks and changes that will improve the stability of the game client, given time.

I'm frustrated i can't play enjoyably right now, but it is what it is and i don't believe SOE set out to ruin my game experience, so it's just a matter of waiting it out. Consider yourself lucky i'm not around to hip shot you in the head!!! mwah hahahahah!!!... :D
  13. Shadow-Zima

i'd say not entirely fixed i tried last night post yesterdays hotfix for frame hitching and in first big fight i got when i got to line of sight of the enemy my frames dropped to slide show levels for 20 seconds and last frame i saw was my Reaver upside on the ground about to explode and that point i figured i'm going to go with EVE online's Incarna expansion route and steer clear for 2 weeks see if the devs get things sorted by then.
  14. Yolanda be cool

seems like deleting config changed nothing. from gu2-hotfix1-hotfix2 i cant play with ultra or max textures anymore, getting freezes on warpgate.
    second thing is even on minimal settings in not large fights fps drops so high cpu bottlenecked. Before gu2 i was able to fight in big biolab fights, but now small fights are 15-20 fps.
  15. MikSchultzy

Like others, the stuttering is gone. I am however having lower (overall) frames than before.
  16. DrBeta

YeY!!! The latest hotfix has made the game playable again on my low end laptop. Stutter seems to have gone and my FPS seems higher and more stable.
  17. R0bH

In my case the last patch fixed random lags and stuttering. Thx a lot so far :) Game runs very smoth now. My performance overall is worse than before. Had to reduce detail level to get constantly over 21 fps. Was on medium detail before the great update and is now mostly on low combined with lower resolution.

My specs:
    Dell XPS 17
    core i7 2720
    nVidia gt555m OC @ v.310.90
    8gb Kingston HyperX
  18. BenYeeHua

Terrain Quality: High
    Model Quality: High
    Set this 2 to low, and see what you can get.
  19. Zeewulf

It's random. Happens less when i'm out on my own in the middle nowhere. Mainly happens more in medium to large fights that's when the game virtually crashes to 3fps and lag's out. Normally resulting in me dieing.

Spec's are below, before GU2 I had a steady 35-40 fps and zero stutter with medium settings, now even if I switch to low still get the same problems so game is basically un-playable which if it goes on much longer I'll have to put a claim in for my membership to be refunded. As my system is above your minium spec's
  20. chrollo

im still having terrible stuttering and frame rate issues :( indar mostly, really bad at zurvan and anywhere there is a desert with no one around.

Settings are everything is on low 75 render quality
    260gtx
    ist gen I7 processor 2.8 ghtz 9gigs ram
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.