Stupid maintenance

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Nayot, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Setabocle

if you know so damn much you should be able to understand what things might go wrong SOE is NOT mistreating its players by giving them a patch. ok they ran into a snag would you rather the servers go up with a problem? im sure they have a non public test server but its a different beast from machine to machine mr know it all

Also, its not important to tell users every little thing they are doing during a patch, because that takes time away from getting things fixed
  2. Weaver7

all you guys saying that its not fair that they do this now, remember, it started at 1am for their staff, which means they're at work doing it late at night, stop being so selfish and telling them that they need to account for everyone in the world. Firstly thats not possible, secondly the SOE staff are real people who have lives too and they're up doing maintenance at an ungodly hour. You go make your own game and see how far you get. SOE do an AWSOME job to bring patches, content and fixes, not all bugs can be found during testing, it's not possible, but they roll out the fixes even at stupid o'clock in the morning!
    • Up x 1
  3. MajiinBuu

Servers still down? Guess I'll watch some more Dragonball :)
  4. Trevormifur92

Although we've had a lot of updates recently, would you rather them just leave all these bugs/imbalances in? Once the developers stop patching a game, it's showing they don't give a **** about it anymore. Take that as a sign that although we've had a lot of downtime the past few weeks, they're still working hard to keep this game, that we all obviously want to continue playing, running. It's been almost an hour after so obviously they ran into some issues. Rushing them = even more down time to fix the **** they we're rushed to fix.

Just relax, and let them do what they've gotta do.
    • Up x 1
  5. ShotMeTender

Yes it's not a good way to present PS2 to old and new players.... But honestly, i wold see all over those unconvenience and purchase membership if just able to get Cert reset and perhaps Faction/Name change just once every X time... Breaking gameplay with Patches is not the worst thing can happens on a MMO i can assure you, just keep calm and get a fresh beer ;)
  6. PS2Freak

7. Stevezor

I will concede for anyone considering a rage-filled post... if it passes four hours, that'll just get silly. While I CAN wait for four hours, that's about the boundary for 'just be patient' and 'this is getting ludicrous' for me.
  8. MoobsUK

I am in no way complaining here but god-damn - I got a new headset about 20 minutes ago and I am DYING to see how PS2 sounds on it!

It's giving me a tingly feeling in the barse area! :eek:
  9. PS2Freak

stupid stupid stupid maintenance!

[IMG]
  10. nitram1000

The game is not free, it's free 2 play ie there are some people like myself who pay a monthly fee.
  11. gagle

You clearly don't know anything about software development. I'm not going to waste my time trying to explain it to you. Also, did you know that there are a lot of people paying a monthly subscription and they can't use the service they're paying?
    • Up x 1
  12. Cryless

almost 3 hours for some rocket launchers :rolleyes:
  13. Indica

You can not seriously compare wow to this game. The graphics in wow are so out of date and the changes made are hardly worth mentioning to the fixes that SOE has to deal with. Honestly **** it go listen to music or watch a movie. Most of the time the patches bring more goodness for us than cons. quite your ******** and move on.
    • Up x 2
  14. Trevormifur92

Speaking of Cert reset... someone in my outfit the other day said they saw/heard something about it maybe happening soon, any word on it?
  15. Vatueil50

I like how you guys ***** and moan about a free game, i mean yea SOE has been bourking great games and had poor CS for well ever, But have you heard of CCP or EVE online? No.... Well we pay monthly for that and they pull this kind of crap all the time.
    my advise, get minecraft or fap, because TBH its the only things that are going to be there for you when this sort of **** happens, AKA life dissapointments. on that note im going to go play some MC and fap o7.

Good Day Sirs
  16. Dramonicous

The point is that they could had patch it in the middle of the week (or waited to next "middle of the week")
    They cut deep into my prime playing hours (as usual), and I would be very surprised to see the servers up within 2 hours (from now)
    Its already 50min passed the ETA and you still cant download the patch which would indicate atleast 1h more downtime.

Also people are rather frustrated since last time we had a long downtime it lasted 12 hours, and gave us nothing.
    Well thats not really true thou.. they gave us account wide unlocks, hurray I can use NS weapons on a new NC character! The JOY!
    And some new helmets, too bad they look like crap and ive yet to see a player wearing it.
    Again... 12 hours to use NS weapons on any character (IF you paid with SC) and 2 ugly *** helmets..
    • Up x 1
  17. Setabocle

its not just the graphics, the weapon code, network code everything is more advanced and more complicated than the skill devoid game of wow. nothing like changing a spider from purple to green though, takes me all about 1 second to do that in Blender :) and about 1 minute to change the model enough to be called something new. WoW sucks lol blizzard is newbs
  18. Kinkz

That the servers come down often is no problem. I dislike it if they say itll be 2 hours, then it hits 3 hours without an update. It isnt hard to make a post saying "sorry, we are having some issues, we need another hour or 24."

I dunno. Just communicate in a timely manner, it isn't too much to ask, even if the game is free. And p.s. Free to play doesnt mean you have no rights. We have no rights because we sign them away in the ToS! But Free to play turns a pretty damn fine profit still else no game would be free to play!
    • Up x 1
  19. Nksswiss

its not about the graphics - its about the development process and the server technologies. Where SOE can really learn a lot of blizz and its partners ( e.G streaming client - you download 118mb of WoW and you can play ..while it installs in background - also patches can be installed while gaming this way )

its about development servers which have to be identical to prod servers - so you can test patches intensive before deploying them on productive servers. i'm sure they're would be enough willing players to e.G fill up e testing server where patches are applied before ( so you have a full server to test with ) ..

so i'm sure you can compare WoW to PS2 in these aspects.
  20. Bios Element

This is not a free game.