Stupid maintenance

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Nayot, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Nayot

Why do you shutdown servers at 1 Am CET when a lot of people are playing? There we huge battles even on Amerish! And in 29.3.2013 while we are exploiting from the event 2x xp ??! Damn you! And only because of those stupid rocket launchers !
    • Up x 4
  2. Ealhdun

1 PM CET, and because they don't give a **** about their European playerbase
    • Up x 4
  3. Stadulator

lol these threads /facepalm

I recently started playing League of Legends. Their servers were down yesterday for maintenance and the tears on their forums (for a free game mind you) were epic!
  4. PoisonedAl

Couldn't this have waited? Seriously.
  5. Delain81

Free tissues ladies, i got some to spare!:eek:
  6. Ealhdun

This game actually has a monthly subscription available the value of which is affected by frequent maintenance at inopportune moments. Free to play is not the same as free and really if they didn't know this they would be doing it at times inconvenient for US based gamers. The ideal is staggered updates based on server location, failing that updates at 11-12 gmt like Eve online but alas.

Also it is the late warnings and the fact it is on a Friday, meaning if they mess up and imbalance the game you will be stuck with it in the weekend.

If they went: We will be rolling out patches every tuesday and thursday at whatever time. Most people would be fine with it. They know the time table, they know hotfixes for really unbalanced things that ruin the game can be applied before the weekend.

But as I said they don't care about Europe, hence why they tossed the majority of EU players to prosiebensat.
  7. DashTech

They really are morons. Good Friday is a public holiday in a lot of countries - just not yanksville. I was looking forward to a brief bit of gaming before treking off to B&Q.

It's piss poor planning like this which puts me off paying for a subscription. For the subscription model to work, you have to have a product that people are willing to keep paying for. Not seeing that yet!
  8. dsty

Only Reason the server is down is to fix the rocket launcher esp NC one Gotta love that the striker didn't get tweeked its just a buffed version of the NS Annihilator. I guess soe just listens to the Tr whine
  9. ThaPhreak

well 9am is local server time, has a lower player base too as most people are at work or school. It is a US base. agreed they should hit the EU servers at a staggered time due to time zones, hey that's a great idea actually, lets use the EU servers as test servers lol
  10. gualty

Friday, public holiday... do they know that the server will get overloaded for sure when they'll come back online?
    I guess we'll have to wait more than 2 hours...
  11. Coolerking

Holy crap, you people are acting like a bunch of kids....oh wait.
    You are.
    Grow up.
    Grow a pair and go do something constructive with the time, like clean your room.
    Thanks to SOE for a great game and the complaints about not being able to play confirm that.
    • Up x 5
  12. OldMaster80

Get a life kid, really. [IMG]
  13. Arslan

They might want to look into the Arenanet tech.
    Arenanet only bring the server down for 32 hours within 7 years in Guild War 1.
    And when they do have a new patch players just have to log out and in again thats all.
  14. Cryless

I'm getting really tired of these maintenances! they shut down the game almost every day :mad:
  15. Nksswiss

yeah please ..waiting since 2.5hours :/ these expected 2 hours are over since 23mins now .. as a WoW Player since 5 years - this is a really new experience to me .. and its not about free-to-play - as i got ps2membership ..and thats exactly the point. When i pay for the game monthly, i should be able to expect it works exepting weekly planned patch days.

so why not making a update day like WoW - and do this in US / EU Shift time .. so you don't do maintenance during the day in EU -.- guess SOE is making enough cash with PS2 to let some guys do the EU updates over night in US .. or start making a EU team ;)
  16. Bagginz

Well, they have to pick a time, and I'm assuming most of their player base in the US, so 2+2 DOES equal 4 here...
  17. o.Solei.o

...so... about that "brief" "2 hours" maintenence...

Honestly though, I wouldn't want these guys' jobs. Something is always going wrong to mess up their plans.
  18. Bagginz

And seriously I have no respect for someone complaining about the servers being down 23 minutes past due.
  19. Gary

They started the Double XP event early to compensate of a patch get over it...do something productive

Its free to play, you chose to pay monthly and get exactly what you payed for :) Nowhere does it say that you get round the clock access.

Also we get a graphical update every 2 weeks, inbetween that you can expect some minor patches for issues and hotfixes.
  20. pizo1

For me this smelles for 12 hours at least like last time :(