Stupid maintenance

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Nayot, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Arquin

I cant go out because its snow on ground and i dont ucrrently feel like playing anything else cos i am relly addicted to PS2 :((((((
  2. dsty

it's my day off Screw doing something productive that's for monday
    • Up x 2
  3. Nksswiss

well just comparing to other games - e.G WoW servers were online exactly on time at about 90% of the weekly patch days .. over years. and with aprox 12 mio active players i think they got the bigger player base / complexity of server maintenance .. and their able to handle it.

just wanted to say if SOE wants me to pay 16€ monthly for that game .. i would expect to have better sheduled patch days and not maintance which is announced about 1 or 2 days before it starts ..
  4. Stevezor

Sweet christ.... whiners about a patch day EARLY in the double xp weekend. You get 2 or 3 hours off of the start of your SEVENTY TWO HOUR DOUBLE EXPERIENCE TIME.

Quit your complaining, get a different game to pass the time, and come back when the servers are on. I promise you, we'll still be here.

freakin' whiners

They're also a giant company with YEARS OF PRACTICE.
  5. Cheesybend

really free i'll take some
  6. nitram1000

Not being funny, but what the **** is taking so long? Got day off work, applied new boost then server shutdown.
  7. Malebranche

Im watching Band of Brothers again, its good stuff and keeps me in the mood for when the servers are back. :rolleyes:
  8. Krogan

Planetside2 is very clearly still in beta, there is really no arguing that point. It is kind of ******** to ask people to pay a monthly sub for a beta however, really feel like Sony should reimburse the people that pay monthly.

If this is not beta then it is totally unacceptable to patch during EU weekend prime time and then realize that the patch has game breaking bugs forcing you to take down the servers for hours during said prime time. When this sort of thing happened in WoW subscribers usually got 1-2 months free sub or something like that.

Also people posting ignorant remarks about how "it's a great game they can mess around however they want" is really not helpful.

Get your act together Sony and test your patches before you release them, really didn't seem that urgent that the phoenix change came out today.
    • Up x 1
  9. Gary

Well unfortunately its not SOE's day off and they are still at work who would be expecting them to be working on the game they created...

Wow did not have weekly patch days... It had weekly server restarts and sometimes they would apply a patch, during these days they had extended maintenance which was always the same amount of time regardless if they finished quicker then expected.
  10. PS2Freak

its clean! o_O
    • Up x 1
  11. Krogan

Also why did I have to dig around on the forums to find any info about why the severs were down and not a word from Sony on either twitter nor on the fourms? Isn't that the first thing you should do when the servers breakdown?
    • Up x 1
  12. Cheesybend

I agree about the moaning been pointless although the game does seem to be buggy as ****. We all know the cons of wow but at least blizzard new how to test things before patching, come on SOE you have a good game sort yer firkin staff out.
  13. Stevezor

It's on the very very top of the forums list.
    Official News and Announcements

Is it really that hard to look up?
  14. gagle

SOE needs to learn how to treat its players... This is a joke. Patches and maintenances every day... There's something called a TEST SERVER where you can test things before patching the real servers. There's something called MAINTENANCE WINDOWS where you can inform your users WHEN, WHY and HOW LONG your service will be unavailable.
    • Up x 4
  15. Exaust

Totally agree with you there gagle
  16. Balkor Wolf

It's a free to download and play game which undoubtedly cost a fortune to develop and run and you are complaining because occasionally you can't play it? Why don't you try going outside every so often or play something else while you wait.
    • Up x 1
  17. bigmidgeman

Isn't that what your post is doing?

NC launcher was a little ridiculous tbh for the fact that it was so powerful against infantry. Level 5 flak armor and a heavy shield and it was still a 1 hit kill but all the same it could have waited until after the 2x xp weekend. The balance should be better with it now that it does more dmg vs vehicles since that it what launchers are mainly designed for. If you want TR to start whining about how ours was not buffed we can do so but realize that it to has some major flaws that make it frustrating to use and we can't use ours like a noob toob to spam at infantry. Also, TR didn't whine their way into a custom launcher, SOE released them like that and haven't even bothered coming back to tweak ours so it must be working as intended.
  18. Nksswiss

what about paid membership? .. i pay 16€ per month - which is actually more than WoW costs ..
  19. Dramonicous

43 minutes overdue... lets go for the 14hrs mark this time!
  20. Messaiga

May I also mention that they said expected downtime was anticipated for about 2 hours, it is going on 3 hours right now however, I just wanna play my game. :(