Striker nerf really necessary?

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Matlock0, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Qaz

The problem is that it's a ****** tactic that doesn't need any further promotion. Two or three guys using the striker to spam doors in a biolab should never be something that's feasible at all. While the lancer can dumbfire and will kill infantry eventually, it also has zero splash--unlike the striker. So, imo massive adjustment would have be made for this to not become another weapon that's being abused by infantry to kill other infantry with explosive splash.
  2. MrIDoK

Massive? just like the Phoenix: very low splash damage, very low splash radius, low damage against infantry and bonus against armor to compensate. It doesn't looks so massive, honestly.
    Just make it so that spamming doors with it is less effective than with the default launcher and nobody will do that after the first "for the lulz" attempt.
  3. PoisonedAl

What I find galling is that the promised laser guided Striker was given to the NC MAX! Not just one but two of the bloody things! It's one thing that Sony seem hell bent on keeping the NC MAX as the most broken POS in the game, but it's another that the code for multiple laser guided rockets running.

"Hey lets give the other two factions a unique rocket launcher! Give the TR a buffed Annihilator or something. I can't be bothered to balance it. We can nerf it into the ground later."
    • Up x 1
  4. Osskscosco

The grounder is better to kill ground targets than the striker and it is an anti air lock on launcher!
  5. EnviousCipher

I'd buy it if it was laser guided.
    • Up x 1
  6. Nichivo

A shoulder mounted vulcan would be better. Anything but the silly lock on mechanics.
  7. Pat Cleburne

The odds of me sticking with this game after my membership expires get worse and worse each update.
    I'm beyond fed up with the gimping of the TR.
    • Up x 3
  8. MrIDoK

SOE! Hire this guy!
    Now i want a handheld vulcan... can i haz? :3
  9. Stewart

If they are going to nerf any rocket launcher it should be the VS our sundie was getting hit from 600m from lancers I did not even think vehicles rendered that far? Either the guy was very good or a hacker because we were getting hit at full speed also.
  10. Chubrokoli

Same happenend for me with my vanguard in amerish the hit always came from a mountain but i didnt see him, also the same when using a AV turret as an engi.
    Why do i need a sniper i just kill him out of render distance with my lancer:mad:.

SOE needs to fix the problem with the render distance!
  11. loleator

An already bad weapon is now useless.

The worst part of all is that TR is now STUCK WITH AN ANNIHILATOR ON HIS ESRL SLOT, WHEREAS OTHER FACTIONS HAVE FUN AND EFFECTIVE DUMBFIRES.

Kids ruining games again because they don't know how to play...
    • Up x 3
  12. Doogle

Hope this is a bug, its bad enough our ESL has no unique faction trait but this makes it closer to a sidegrade to the annihilator, if your stats show the striker is OP then redesign it, leaving it like this is really an unacceptable form of balancing.

While im in a QQ mode I also have serious issues with the TR LMGs having no unique faction trait, VS have no bullet drop+fast reloads and good horizontal accuracy, NC have 200 damage LMGS and we literately have nothing unique.
    • Up x 2
  13. Pat Cleburne

Lancers are out of hand. They need a big reduction in range.
  14. PoisonedAl

Would be nice if the game rendered the bloody tracers so you could tell where it was coming from. Oh well, I guess you can you IR/thermal vision to see where they are...

Oh wait! That's been broken for weeks. Good job the Vanu are really easy to spot...

Oh wait, they are impossible to see because some chucklehead thought it would be really funny to make them COMPLETELY F**KING BLACK!
    • Up x 1
  15. Pat Cleburne

It's amazing to see lancer squads on the tops of mountains in Amerish gibbing all armor that rolls through the valleys at insane distances. It's even worse that there are many areas of each continent where lancer squads can shoot from hex to hex without a problem. good luck rolling armor in this game.
  16. Chubrokoli

I hope SOE buffs the weapons you already have a faster ROF like 900-1000min rof for fastest shooting weapons like the smg

I can remember that at launch the render distance for infantry was a lot higher (Liberator at 1000m and still killing infantry)

SOE please
    FIRST: Fix rendering distance for infantry and buff the ROF for TR
    SECOND: DONT NERF ALL THE TIME
    THIRD: DONT NERF THE STRIKER

I need support from you in my thread http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/planetside-is-going-to-get-nerfside.121216/
    • Up x 2
  17. HellasVagabond

Phoenix ? Effective ? Against what, snails ?
  18. Tycoh

If you can't hit a moving tank that's the 3x's the size of a minivan, you either need to increase your sensitivity while using the Phoenix or grab a lock-on.
  19. Nimvalz

20. Nimvalz

Supposedly it won't get nerfed