Striker nerf really necessary?

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Matlock0, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Nobalification

Who accept nerfing the Striker like this comment for see how many ppls need this feature.
  2. Tycoh

You know how much i want to smack the back of your head right now?
    • Up x 1
  3. Nobalification

i know but this is simple option how to see who is idiot. Trust me man.
  4. Soundmonitor

who gives a rats ***, me and my friends been running with the grounder and taking esf's out with 3 rockets... Next time around I'm not buying another gun until I have fully tested it the striker sucks balls even pre-nerf.
    • Up x 1
  5. Torok

people can't take a joke nowadays ^^
    you didn't even bothered to read the thread from start didn't you?
  6. Nobalification

Buy the completly nerfed T2 Striker for 1 000 certs. For one year you have sale off 99%. 1 000 certs for garbage? its awful.
  7. Ruar

Striker needs a complete redesign, not a ROF nerf. As it stands I use the dumb-fire or the Grounder/SKEP primarily. Striker isn't even in a loadout and I only pull it when the area we are fighting in is pretty much perfect. Once it's pulled I find I spend more time just getting a lock and watching people dodge than I do actually pulling the trigger.

Personally I think the Striker should be completely dumb-fire with Lancer projectile speed. Instead of a charge mechanic ala Lancer the Striker should fire single shots at the current (unnerfed ROF) or have an alternate mode where the rounds fire one right after the other with no delay.

AI/MAX damage should be on par with the Lancer to prevent rocket spam indoors at everyone.

So the Striker would follow the TR ideals of ROF, NC get hard hitting Phoenix, and VS get versatile Lancer.

Lock-on was poorly thought out and should never have been put in the game on the Striker.
  8. HeyApple666

Pretty dumb thread, this isn't fb
  9. metrotw

Garbage weapon made even more garbage.
  10. Nobalification

and fire garbage with trash :) its awesome T2 (Trash too) Garbageker
  11. Chubrokoli

Sorry but there are a lot of people out there which mean what you wrote serious.
  12. Torok

Amen
  13. Qaz

we already can't kill infantry with our lazor, actually. a level 1 charge does 100 damage or so. wouldn't mind if was 20 dmg either, as i think that these things need to be AV, not AI.
  14. PoisonedAl

I'm sick and tired of Sony's ham fisted attempts at balance. It was hard enough to hit anything with those stupid "smart" rockets, now it's impossible. The Striker feels revolting to use. It wouldn't be so bad if you could hold down the mouse button to fire all the missiles, but no, you have to spend half an hour spam clicking. Nerfing the damage is one thing but making it slower ruins the game feel of the weapon. Yet another TR nerf is annoying but this is now into the realms of "gimme my money back!"
    • Up x 4
  15. Fumblewatt

Duh Duh Duh.... Wack, Wack, Wack, Wack, Wack. Its the national anthem of TR
  16. RocketKhruschev

That was the only saving grace of the Striker: if you managed to lock on to somebody and they didn't break line of sight or pop flares, you could unload 20 mini rockets at them in a minute. Not that the mini-rockets did tons of damage, but it was hilarious to see inexperienced ESF's running away. Now it's a slightly less crap Grounder.
  17. Niller

Great, can NC get some air support then?
  18. MrIDoK

What? The Grounder is way better. You can lock on to air and still dumbfire it into the first random guy that walks in front of you (or in the backside of a tank, also).
    I don't get why people complain about dumbfiring the Striker... Just make it so that 5 rocket are just enough to not kill a guy and you'll see a lot less use for AI. It's already possible to spam missiles with the default launcher, so what's the problem?

More boring stuff for the TR... and worse boring stuff, to add. I don't know how hugby thought this was a "cool" idea for a missile launcher. Laser guided? ok. Dumbfire, but very fast firing? even better. But ANOTHER lock-on? come on!
  19. RocketKhruschev

The last time I tried the Grounder I found that it had a horrible time tracking and you had only one shot to hit anything due to the long reload. But if the tracking has been buffed and you have a short lock time, it could be very helpful.
  20. MrIDoK

The lock seems the same as the Striker, but the guidance is way better. A Striker rocket predicts the enemy trajectory and tries to intercept him (so it can be fooled and made crash into trees and stuff), the Grounder simply follows him (so the only way to shake one off is to make a hard turn and afterburn in the opposite direction of the missile). The Grounder does damage more reliably for me, although the Striker is more effective against libs.
    I like the Grounder for all-around use and i use the striker to kill liberators.