Striker nerf really necessary?

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Matlock0, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Matlock0

The fire rate has been reduced quite a lot...makes it even more boring to use. Any thoughts?
    • Up x 3
  2. Ranik

Has it? Why on earth would they mess with the least interesting ESRL?
    • Up x 5
  3. Ranik

Confirmed. Striker now has a much longer delay between shots.

As if the weapon which needed to fire fast enough to hit before losing lock to IR smoke or cover needed a ******* RoF nerf.....

Seriously Devs?
    • Up x 9
  4. buff as hell irl

They really need to give the Striker another look. The Lancer and Phoenix are both fun and effective weapons that fill niches no other launcher does. The Striker is just a sidegrade to a launcher everyone can use.
    • Up x 6
  5. Ranik

All they really need to do in theory is give it the old PS1 mechanic "lase the target and it will hit them" So it can't be defeated by IR smoke / flares.

Boom. Brand new mechanic (taken from a 9 year old game :rolleyes: ) that is fun to use.
    • Up x 6
  6. Lyel

Yeah, the striker really doesn't need this. If large numbers are pulling Strikers to defeat armor columns or air columns, they should rewarded for that tiny bit of organization, even if it's just doing the same thing the player next to you is.
  7. Vetto

Got to love this logic "TR THING IS ROF!"... and then they Nerf RoF...
    • Up x 8
  8. EliteEskimo

Can we please just add more skill and fun to the Striker by making it a laser guided rocket launcher with the ability to dumbfire?
    • Up x 6
  9. Tycoh

TR has the best weaponry straight from the "Generic and boring as hell" factory. And to improve these weapons? Nerf their faction weapon traits.

No wonder TR population is slooooooowly decreasing.
    • Up x 14
  10. gudman591

They should've just made it dumbfire. And yet they insist on lock-on, but proceed to take away it's feature.

TR has no faction trait. Seriously. No at all. VS tanks fly, their weapon shoot lazors, they have cool uniform (now), their scythes can turn and dodge a lot of fire, they have AOE LMG (the only one that works for suppressive fire)... NC have hard hitting accurate weapons with hard recoil, shotgun MAXes with nice AT, their tanks become invulnerable for a few seconds, their uniform is, well, autobots...
    Note that I'm not speaking of what's good, but what's a faction trait.

And we have generic-ness in everything. That's our faction trait. Fast ROF - nowhere to be seen, Prowler can become a stationary target that says "shoot me", MAX will be able to become stationary target that says "blow me up" and we also have a chaingun. That had a chance to become something more than a sign "Kill me from any direction as long as I'm not already firing", but that didn't happen.

SOE, you might as well come out with it already and say that this game has not only PVP but also PVE. And TR is that "E", dangerous, but uninteresting and generic environment.
    • Up x 10
  11. Copasetic

Lose the lock, increase projectile speed quite a bit (say, 300 m/s) and make it dumb fire. You'll still have to hit 3 times to match the damage of any other lock on launchers but it'll be tons more fun to use. And as a bonus it won't be so OP against Liberators anymore. It won't be able to instagib infantry either, due to the low individual rocket damage. What's not to like?
    • Up x 1
  12. gudman591

I think 2.5 rockets. Because well, it's dumbfire. 3 is too much.
  13. Takoita

+1 to changing the Striker. If I wanted to use lock-on only launcher, I would've grabbed the Annihilator.
    • Up x 4
  14. Torok

lol why would they have done that? the striker is the easiest to counter and fight against of the 3 esrls, people whining to hard i guess
    • Up x 2
  15. korpisoturi

i dont know if they done anything but it might happen cos striker is best AA launcher by large margin and its should not be suprise to ANYONE that the empire who can keep they air superiority will dominate the land battles in most cases. TR have arguably the best ESF + when you add best handheld AA platform+ new TR max lockdown with double rof/reload ability to that ...its not gona be pretty in battles OR IN forums shortly after :D.
  16. SifuBob

Seriously? RoF reduced? i would much rather less damage per rocket but have them fire off in one almighty burst. That would at least look cool and be fun to shoot. But with less RoF its even less fun... Have they at least ironed out the various bugs that currently make it frustrating to use?
  17. Tekuila

The ESF's are really well balanced between each other, arguable is right.
  18. Eclipson

It becuase they had to think of some creative ways to nerf the TR this next update. They can't pass up a Game Update without nerfing us in some way! Its like tradition now! That, and they are nerfing a bunch of high RoF weapons this update as well, so that should be great.
    • Up x 3
  19. Torok

fine for me, i hate you anyway!

jk :)
  20. Rickenbacker

Would be nice if they'd fixed it first. At the moment every other salvo flies off into oblivion, doing no damage.