Strange lag issue

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Jaxxx, Jan 16, 2014.

1. equinub

BRIGGS felt like severe lagging 7-9pm last night 28th.

People warping, damage suddenly appearing, fps drops, chat delays.
  2. Pootisman

I sometimes have lag problems too, no warping or anything, just lag. Example: Enemy shoots at me, i run around corner for cover and the enemy still kills me, altough im ~3m away from corner and out of his fireline. Its like 1 second delay. I dont have this problem in other FPS games. This lag is super annoying in CQC where every second counts.
  3. Conzb

pls do something about this weird lag issue, it's super annoying when playing
  4. Gruntilda

So what is this, week 4 now of the constant issues with no response?
  5. Entropologist

If you are not getting warping, this problem is not related to you..
  6. TSR AlexS Customer Service

There appears to be multiple different incidents causing these lag issues (completely separate from each other). Please be sure to submit a support ticket so we can gather the appropriate data. If there is server wide issue, we will be sure to report it once we can confirm it's not coming from the client side.

Answer Title: [PS2] Increasing Performance with PlanetSide 2
    Answer Link: http://help.soe.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36462
  7. CactusLynx

Most of the time this is happening if one logs out, the loading bar moves very fast although the numbers are stuck at 32%. I believe this may be an indication that it is a clientside issue and not a communication issue with the server.
  8. TSR AlexS Customer Service

Cactus, I believe you're right but we would still like to confirm this by gathering more data. I check the queues daily and I do not see too much performance issues but more of a mix of different problems. I'll be happy to keep you guys posted on what I find !
  9. GaryOak

There are several people posting in this thread (especially on last few pages) with issues completely unrelated to the FIOS NJ issue.

People with the NJ FIOS issue have lag/desnyc ONLY on Mattherson and Waterson (US East servers) while they are completely fine with no problems on EU servers. If this is not the case for you, then you have some other issue, which is completely unrelated to the NJ FIOS one.

TSR AlexS, you may not see this issue happening consistently in game because I and probably others as well have not logged on recently due to how unplayable the game is on Mattherson/Waterson. Also, the fact that ONLY US East servers have lag/desync while EU is fine seems to prove it is not a clientside issue. The 32% issue cactus mentioned happens for me as well, BUT ONLY WHEN I LOG OUT OF US EAST. I can log in and out on characters on EU servers perfectly fine.
    • Up x 2
  10. Abraham with Cheese

I too am having the same issue OP told of, as I too play on Mattherson. I live in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with my "internet" technically coming from the Oshkosh area. I think my problem may be that at certain times of the day, there are simply too many users on my end, but then again, on days where I bet I'm one of five people using the campus internet, I too get the whole teleporting issue.

Perhaps I should invest, eventually, in a better computer. I run on lowest possible graphics settings anyway and get up to 30 fps during decent battles, and sometimes 20 during utterly massive ones.
  11. Fantomas

I'm experiencing the same thing. I just left the game because I am out of sync with the server and getting huge packet drops.
  12. Hotfoot

I'm wrapping up a support ticket right now, and so far there's only the solace that this issue has been kicked up to the devs. The support process has been very frustrating throughout. I could sit here and rant about what specifically irritated me, but at this point, it doesn't matter. My options, according to tech support, are to freeze my account to stop losing time on my subscription or just wait to see if they'll refund me for the time I've been unable to play on a regular basis. I'm waiting back to see how it will affect boosts, subscription level, and the cert grant that's been promised after the ESF Patch screwed that up.

I hope this doesn't become a trend. :(
  13. Saval

There's probably a bad node or gateway or piece of code somewhere that's preventing certain players from connecting / playing on Waterson; I'm not a tech so I don't know the lingo. Those who are able to get on to Waterson experience extreme desync/lag/rubberbanding/things not registering.

I have these issues on Waterson, and Mattheson. The game is unplayable. I can login to the game and run around, but do nothing else. This isn't just a 2 second delay, this is 5-10 minutes before maps, terminals, vehicles, weapons, etc work. On a good day it might be 2-3 minutes. The other servers work fine, but I don't want to play on the other servers. My 76 is on Waterson. This has been going on since Jan 16th. Before that game ran smooth for 1 year. I'm a Verizon Fios user in NJ.

I'm not sure what else to say. I login to the game, and experience horrible lag issues. Since I ran the game perfectly fine for 1 year, I really don't understand what changed. It's approaching two weeks, and not sure what to do.
    • Up x 1
  14. Saval

And by the way, this thread was created for people who have been having the same constant unplayable issue since Jan 16th. Perhaps the title should be edited to reflect that.
  15. Gruntilda

Any information you need for a fix is nicely laid out in the initial posts of this thread, the players even found the issue for you!

Thanks for the response, after a couple weeks of unplayability that is
  16. aceoyame

The problem isn't just Verizon's FIOS either FYI. It also appears to be happening with Verizon Wireless as well (I use my phone's 4G tethered to play). Was fine for months and now occasionally it will cause warping around. My FPS is great but it is annoying to see warping on my map . It does seem to be a bit worse at night.
  17. Riley5

Reposting here from another thread in the mad hope that this knowledge will help someone:

Here's the NEW JERSEY FIOS problem. I can't speak for the other guys since I'm in new jersey and I have FIOS.

Sometimes verizon routes my traffic to your east coast server cluster like this:

1 2 ms <1 ms <1 ms Wireless_Broadband_Router.home [192.168.1.1]
    2 5 ms 5 ms 3 ms L100.NWRKNJ-VFTTP-124.verizon-gni.net [108.35.8.1]
    3 10 ms 7 ms 17 ms G1-2-0-7.NWRKNJ-LCR-21.verizon-gni.net [130.81.1
    75.102]
    4 8 ms 8 ms 8 ms 130.81.162.64
    5 11 ms 9 ms 7 ms 0.xe-10-0-1.GW13.NYC1.ALTER.NET [152.63.20.169]
    6 9 ms 10 ms 11 ms llnw-gw.customer.alter.net [152.179.29.230]
    7 16 ms 22 ms 33 ms tge2-4.fr3.iad.llnw.net [69.28.171.157]
    8 19 ms 14 ms 15 ms sony.ge4-12.fr3.iad.llnw.net [68.142.111.254]
    9 39 ms 39 ms 39 ms abepsn-liv-gw04.planetside2.com [199.108.194.41]

When they do that, I lag like a sick animal and absolutely cannot play (ON EAST COAST SERVERS, CONNERY IS FINE.)

Other days, they route my traffic to your east coast server like this:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms Wireless_Broadband_Router.home [192.168.1.1]
    2 3 ms 4 ms 4 ms L100.NWRKNJ-VFTTP-124.verizon-gni.net [108.35.8.1]
    3 7 ms 8 ms 7 ms G1-2-0-7.NWRKNJ-LCR-21.verizon-gni.net [130.81.175.102]
    4 4 ms 5 ms 4 ms 130.81.199.14
    5 10 ms 28 ms 29 ms 0.xe-3-0-2.XL3.EWR6.ALTER.NET [152.63.5.189]
    6 8 ms 7 ms 7 ms TenGigE0-4-0-1.GW5.EWR6.ALTER.NET [152.63.23.74]
    7 20 ms 16 ms 5 ms llnw-gw.customer.alter.net [152.179.83.226]
    8 18 ms 12 ms 12 ms tge2-4.fr3.iad.llnw.net [69.28.171.157]
    9 13 ms 12 ms 12 ms sony.ge4-12.fr3.iad.llnw.net [68.142.111.254]
    10 28 ms 27 ms 28 ms abepsn-liv-gw04.planetside2.com [199.108.194.41]

When they use this route, I HAVE NO LAG WHATSOEVER AND CAN PLAY FINE.

What I suspect you need to do, though I'm no network professional, is put some pressure on Verizon to stop routing traffic through this oversaturated network node, because when they do, I cannot play your game.
    • Up x 1
  18. Amarsir

This is why I was reluctant to make this thread the main one when there were others with better names. But that's done now.

(If a mod would like to change this thread title though, an accurate one would be "Bad Connection between NJ/NY Fios and Waterson/Mattherson since January 15".)

You sir have observed as one person what we had to compare notes to do. Well done, and I'm copying your info into my still-open ticket.
  19. Conzb

not only waterson, I'm playing Briggs server, it happened there as well
  20. GaryOak

Conzb and others, please make a different thread for issues with Briggs. This issue only effects Mattherson and Waterson for users with Verizon FIOS who live in or near NJ/NY. By posting here about Briggs or other unrelated problems you are making it more difficult for us to get SOE to investigate this specific problem.