Strange lag issue

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Jaxxx, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Saval

As of this moment, Waterson server seems to be working with little or no lag / desync issues.
  2. Entropologist

This issue is going on and off... I've resorted to using a VPN.
  3. Amarsir

Yeah after being good two hours ago it's awful again. This is getting pretty ridiculous.
  4. Saval

Horrible De sync lag again.

I'm not going to pay for a VPN service just to play Planetside 2 when I played perfectly fine without any problems for 1 year. These problems only started happening when the ESF patch hit. Whether that's a coincidence or not I have no idea. All the other games I play work fine, It's just my character on Waterson that has this lag issue. So whatever is going on, is at SOE's end. The dev's are doing a great job with the game, and I know that problems sometimes take a while to fix...but this is very frustrating.

This has been going on since Thursday January 16th. When can we expect a fix for this problem? I can't spend money in this game if I can't play it. A simple "We are working on it" from a Planetside 2 employee would be greatly appreciated. Please.
  5. GaryOak

Issue was fixed temporarily last night but has returned again for me as well. I too would appreciate if someone from SOE at least said they are aware the issue exists.
  6. Gruntilda

Posting to say I have FIOS/Live in Jersey and am getting the god-awful lag as well. Knowing Verizon I'm not hopeful of a fix soon
  7. Stugatz21

Issue has resurfaced. Mattherson is unplayable again.
  8. mcurry

Looks like SOE were not aware of this thread, but I told them about it now in my support ticket (no one else filed one?). Obviously it'll take some time to resolve, if it's even an SOE problem in the first place and not a FiOS one.
  9. Gruntilda

Made a quick video to show the unplayable lag that has been going on the past 3 days
  10. AntDX316

I have fios too in new jersey

how are we the only ones having this problem?
  11. Amarsir

That's funny. You think "what SOE knows" and "what SOE was told" have anything in common.

They were told about this thread many times. They were given traceroutes many times. They were specifically told exactly what gateway, what IP, and what ******* city it's in. We can't connect from FIOS to the Virginia data center, and the problem is specific to people going through 152.63.19.57 which is in New York. They were told this over and over and over. I specifically PM'd Higby and Luperza and tweeted the SOE support account as well as updating my ticket numerous times.

After more than a week of open tickets they asked for a traceroute to San Diego.

SOE customer service DOES NOT READ THE TICKETS when they respond. I don't know if it's incompetence, policy, or incompetent policy. But don't for a second think that just because they aren't aware of something means no one told them.
    • Up x 2
  12. HythlodayDerpCompany

Well, this is disappointing. Two of my Operation nights in a row now, I thought it had been resolved earlier. Bummer.
  13. Centhan

I am very thankful someone pointed me to this thread. It's doesn't resolve my issue, but at least I know we are all in the same boat. I am having the same issues that just about everyone in the last 7 pages have described. A majority of us seem to be have a commonality. NY/NJ area, Verizon, and FIOS. I am in Ocean County, NJ, using Verizon FIOS as well (am playing on Mattherson, if that matters).

Internet is absolutely fine in every other respect except when playing PS2, which has worked very smoothly for me in the past. Everything seems to be about 10 seconds behind for me. I get very small windows of playability, then long times of incredible lag with things warping and teleporting all over the place.

Shame that nothing has been done yet, because it seems to have been going on for a couple of weeks.
  14. Saval

Same issues, Northern NJ, Verizon Fios, Waterson.
  15. Ascz

Same issues on miller, playing from Italy. FASTWEB 100MB is my ISP.
  16. WildCatNL

I'm jumping aboard this thread instead of creating a new one.

Long log in times, paired with to many game play moment that make me go question my own ability to hit the enemy and many other combat situations were I'll be like "What the <bleep>! just happened?".

I'm not seeing any rubber banding or warping, these are most obvious indications of lag.
    Yet I just know that lag is playing a big issues here as client side hit detection is getting the best of me.

A good example, I walk in to a small building were I encounter a crouched TR infiltrator with is back turned to me, I'm less that 10 feet away from him. Take aim at shoulder level, so that any recoil will result in head shots at that distance, open fire and he simply turns around and guns me down, the death screen shows I have only one attacker, the person who I was most certainly should have been killed, yet he lives and he still has shields left.

These kind of WTF momements I'm seeing constantly and I don't believe in cheating taking place on such big scale, what leaves me to believe this can only mean server lag.

I've a very good connection to the server, on a bad day my network response time will be above 30ms.
  17. PlanetDefense

Woah woah, I'm in NYC with FiOs (75/35) playing on Mattherson. Are you telling me my lag issues are the fault of FiOs? How? I have a great internet connection otherwise.
  18. Gruntilda

I don't know the exact specifics of it, but it has to do with the gateway the PS2 specific data is going through in Virginia. Its either FIOS is throttling Sony related data, or some other connection based issue but FIOS is the cause. Everyone in this thread has come to that, and SOE has yet to take note.
  19. FreedomFred

Dammit...I was hoping this thread would be dead but from the still unplayable Waterson on planetside i guess im not surprised. *sigh* it worked for me for about two days then they updated again and everything went back to ****. im in the same boat as everyone, Jersey City, Fios, ping 15 speed 80 over 35, been playing for a year. very frustrating I cant play my fav FPS.

Calling verizon wont do anything, SONY has to see whats going on with them.
  20. Centhan

After my post (about 8 up), I just wanted to follow with a video showing a small example of what I think most of us are going through. It just shows basically the same things that Gruntilda's video shows. Long delays, warping, teleporting, etc. The minimap looks like a Christmas light show with things appearing and disappearing. Mine also shows me shooting a couple people with seemingly no damage, then about 10 seconds later, my crosshairs turn red like I hit something, then I get a kill.