[Suggestion] Stop balancing every aspect of this game towards infantry.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TammelTR, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Septus

I was away from the game for a while and came back after the AI nerf. It seems now HE and HEAT are pointless, you might as well always use AP even on infantry because to kill one you have to hit them anyway even with HE and HEAT. The basilisk is now the best sunderer defense weapon AI because bulldog has been nerfed.

I think a great deal of this is because many players come from backgrounds such as Call of Duty and other infantry only games, they are not used to fighting vehicles so when they get killed by them they get pissed.

It just feel strange when a hand grenade is far superior at AI than a HE tank round, why not just have the tanks shoot grenades lol.
    • Up x 2
  2. BengalTiger

Well then, a single AP round should explode an enemy tank as well.
    Same story with a single burst of autocannon fire against aircraft.

Then we get the one hit kill with a battle rifle that ought to puncture body armor like a cardboard box.

And finally we end up with something so deadly that it ain't fun, nor realistic...
  3. Moonheart

Three people already explained it to you, if you still didn't notice, then it means that you don't attempt to understand what the other write.
  4. CNR4806

• Up x 1
  5. RykerStruvian

Planetside 2 has been a weird experience since I took a break about a year ago or so. I've been playing as TR and was shooting at a heavy while driving a prowler. I'm pretty sure I hit him (if not on him, directly next/very close) and wasn't even able to kill the guy. Yet I'm pretty sure I fired off at least three times (six rounds)

I also haven't been killed by any tanks at all since I started playing and I almost always play infantry (surprisingly, as a heavy). The only time I actually killed plenty of infantry outright was when I used AP rounds on my lightning to snipe infantry. But that was about it.
  6. CNR4806

It is the lack of objectives for vehicles that lead people to farming. Hate it or not, spawnroom camping with 10 HE Prowlers is one of the biggest contributions they can really make in a battle.

SOE made vehicles to have no real role other than farming, and you're surprised that people use them for farming?
    • Up x 2
  7. RykerStruvian

QFT. Vehicles need to be encouraged to combat other vehicles. Or better yet, encouraged to assist in taking out base defenses.

One of the major things between Planetside 1 and 2 were the roles vehicle played. Ground vehicles often meant infantry advances were halted by a few tanks which needed to be engaged/deterred before advancing forward. This also meant, as a work around, people could try to skip them entirely by galdropping on to the base directly.

Afterward, vehicles became pointless as the fight was taken indoors, which meant spawn camping by vehicles wasn't really a thing. The only time it really 'happened' was during tower holdouts. In Planetside 2, vehicles really just seem to be infantry farming tools. And to nerf it goes to show that SOE is lacking creativity and/or manpower to figure out an alternative solution which works.

The one main thing which can discourage infantry farming is simply terrain and base design. Amerish/Hossin are good examples, but in the same light they also punish users who want to focus on mobile armor roles. I guess it's simply hard finding an actual balance somewhere.
    • Up x 1
  8. ColonelChingles

The best part is when you have a target detection system that "slews to cue" the weapon towards enemy AT teams. Not only do you render their weapons useless, your gun pretty much aims itself! So if enemy ATGM teams are even looking at your tank, you can smear them with a MP-HE shell. All before they can pop off a round themselves.

Ah, the beautiful smell of smoked Javelin crew.
    • Up x 1
  9. stalkish

no no, i was NOT refering to yours or anyone elses skill when i said elitist.
    If you dont understand that im not going to explain it.