Still investigating hitches - here's how you can help

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Mar 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordlavell

Name: LordLavell
  2. McFail

I get these once every few minutes or so, most of the time lasting around 5 seconds.

Character: McFail
  3. SoldierBeast

SoldierBeast
  4. MajiinBuu

MajiinBuu.
    Don't bother with me though, with integrated Intel HD Graphics I'd be surprised if I didn't have constant hitches.
  5. Peitharchia

IGN: IKillNCOnly
  6. RoseDarkStar

Rosedarkstar
  7. Kemano

8. broderbund

Character name: broderbund

I have been getting the freeze-frame issue. At random times my game will freeze for about a second.
  9. Authello

Character name: Authello

I have been getting the freeze-frame issue. At random times my game will freeze for about a second.
  10. asdasdasd123

character name : piixArPWNZ
    character name : scoOrpi
  11. Hadle

DokterBeefcake - Mattherson VS
  12. Norington

Used to have them A LOT, especially after 3-4 hours ingame it became really bad. The latest hotfix helped me a lot, but I still get the occasional (5-min?) hickup that could be the difference between life and death.

However, after a couple of hours ingame, I still get them when I fly. It used to be to a degree that it was irresponsible for me to fly the outfit gal because of all the stuttering and lagging (hence risk of crahing the gal), now it's down to a degree where the passengers only complain about some turbulence :p Long story short, afer 3-4 hours ingame I still get noticable hitches when flying.

Ingame name: Norington
    • Up x 1
  13. Caseyman

Yep lots of hitching here, tends to happen when I get shot at, which you know is a bad time to lose all your frames. :)
  14. D3amonEngineer

Character name: D3amonEngineer

Having a lot of freezes, hitching lately
  15. c4ptiv3

I'm getting the hitching about every 20 mins to an hour, sometimes it's the black screen and sometimes it's just a screen freeze. Also, today when it happened it blue screened my PC with a physical memory dump.

In game name: Purpitrator (I owe you a kill)
  16. VampireCrono

been getting this a lot lately.

ingame: Crono
  17. SofterJ

SofterJ

Oh and you tked me a couple nights ago...I feel blessed.
  18. EliteEskimo

It definitely happens to me on a pretty frequent basis, but I don't know if it's the game or laptop. Probably both.:p

Ingame Name: EliteEskimo
  19. Elty

Freezing lasts 5-10 seconds followed by a 2-3 second black screen.

Elty11
  20. Octiceps

Hitches occur sporadically throughout gameplay, I'd say at a rate of maybe one or two per minute that I can definitely FEEL, not including a LOT of shorter split-second ones that are much more frequent but that I don't really notice/don't affect me when I'm preoccupied in the heat of battle. Hitching becomes progressively worse the more heated the battle, although they still happen in the middle of nowhere with nobody around. In terms of severity per continent, Indar is worst followed by Amerish and then Esamir. Hitching is worst (most frequent and freezes longest in duration) when flying ESF and it is game-breaking in that it kills me more often than the enemy does. :(

In-game name: Octiceps

On Connery.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.