Still investigating hitches - here's how you can help

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Mar 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pungentstentch

I get them twice each half an hour.

Character name: pungentstentch
  2. pungentstentch

3. Vikingo

I get them every now and again on all my characters.

Main character though is

VikingoX
  4. Lafladitu

I do not mind the black screens on the deployment screenas i never crash and it only acts up for around 5-8 seconds so not much is lost. But I'm though rather tired of the lagspikes while playing that often results in game crash, its more frekvent in larger battles but can happen in small battles but dont happen that often

Ingame: Lafladitu
    Sever: Ceres
  5. Kartoffel

I get hitching on a fairly regular basis. I want to say when it gets really bad for me is when I look at a mountain, or the forest in the bio-lab.

The rest of the hitching just seems random, but it happens a lot when I try to fly, or sometimes in CQC.

In game name: Kartoffel on Mattherson
  6. ncDieseL

I still get it quite often. I would say it's less frequent since the last couple of patches, but it still happens.

Character name: ncDieseL (on Miller)
  7. Kaskya

Kaskya - Miller
    Seems to happen at random for me (normally once every 10-15mins)
  8. MariusSulla

Happens quite often recently, seems random.
    Character Name: MariusSulla on Mattherson
  9. Akara

I get these hitches, though they are fairly infrequent. The frequency doesn't seem to change based on the scale of a fight, or anything that would negatively impact performance. They usually last about 1 second when they occur, then back to normal gameplay. Usually gets me killed in a firefight though!

Character name: Akara
  10. Jupil@ire

Same as Akara.

Character : Jupilator
  11. Ninave

Character name: Ninave

I used to get those hitches about once or twice in an hour. This was the time I had 6G of memory and Radeon GPU. Also when I would have played for some hours (3+) and the game would get close to eating the 4Gigs of memory, these hitches would end in CTD.

This has now disappeared somewhere between me upgrading my memory to 12G, changing in another GPU (NVidia) and last weeks patch and has been replaced with desyncs (people and things continuing linearly to do what they were doing) and sync ups (people and things jumping to where they should be) which can last upto 10 seconds during which time I can do anything except interact and I mostly run to some remote corner for cover to where the game then sync my potition for others to be. I have no idea how this looks to others - do they see me move or do I freeze and then teleport. I do get to see everything that happened in between as some fastforward video which then slows to normal speed and I can resume interacting with the world.
  12. snowking

13. Xellon

I get a short freeze/hitch every now and then.
    I observed two situations so far, which seem to provoke those hitches (they are not happening every time this occurs, but they quite frequently)
    1. If Players show up on your Screen when you are moving around a corner (quite often)
    2. If an Infiltrator De-Cloaks near you in your FoV (quite rare)
    Maybe somethings wrong with ambinent occlusion, but thats speculation! ;)

Character: Xellon743
  14. Dvol

Name: Gorbia
  15. JonboyX

Character name: Jonboy
    Server: Miller

I get the hitch at least once or twice an hour. As far as I've noticed, it doesn't seem dependent on how busy a fight I'm in. Occasionally it'll be a tiny fraction of a second, others about half a second (i.e. not exactly the same duration each time).
  16. Powernun

I get them quite often and sometimes they crash my whole game along with my computer.

IGN: Powernun
  17. Kaska

Still getting the occasional hitches, but much fewer than before.

IGN: KaskaMatej
  18. trichome

trichome

Get freezing at random times.
  19. Tiedemann

I get freezes now and then up to 5 sec (I think). Often happens when the map pops up after I die but the other times it doesn't seem to matter what I do or where I am.

Chars in sig.
  20. Bastiat

I get them frequently, like every other minute. Seems to be a correlation between the number of things happening and the frequency, and possibly fast movement of objects since most of the time it happens right before I die, or when I'm flying fast close to terrain. Character name's Bastiat.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.