Still investigating hitches - here's how you can help

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Mar 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mbui

I getting hitches. I didn't start getting them until the Valk release.
  2. Verviedi

3. LazzyTurtle

IGN: LazzyTurtle
    Once there r over 10 players near me or even 5 enemies in front of me my game starts getting freezes.
    They occur every 10 or so seconds and last 3-5 seconds.
    I would run with 25 fps and then it dropes to 1 fps which in reality is 0 and then unfreezes.
    If there are a lot of players than I get freezes of doom and they occur every 2-5 seconds.
    I have very low setting, 321.21 Nvidia driver, runfence=0 in rendering in ini.
    Only solution is to run out in between freezes and fight on the edge of the battlefield against 1-2 players at a time.
    Also freezes if I try sniping towards battles.
    plz help 8gb ram, fresh installation of windows 7 and planetside, max virtual memory, 3.4 Ghz dual core, unparcked cores, GeForce GTX9800+ 500mb.
    Only started happening after not playing for past month or so.
  4. LazzyTurtle

that sound like the Nvidia Driver issue for which you are supposed to downgrade to 332.21
  5. Rovertoo

Hey Higby. Really appreciate this thread. My problem may be related to what you listed, though I'm not certain.

As soon as I spawn, my weapons won't function properly, won't fire, won't ADS, etc. My carbine has the crosshair of a shotgun for up to minutes at a time in which I can't fire or ADS. During this time it is common (but not 100% of the time) for players around me to be partially loaded, no-head bug, etc. I have also noticed a distinct increase in map loading times. If this is a hardware issue, I'd love a solution.

I would greatly appreciate any help!

Character name: Rovertoo
    Connery NC
  6. Alkaid1

Got the problem as well...
  7. IronMouse

Just to get this clear: these are not "hitches". "Hitches" make it sound like they're minor annoyances, something that can be lived with. It WOULD be generally better, smoother experience without them, but since they're already there it's fine I guess. IF they get to it, they might fix it, you know, optimize the game to the max just for show (/flex) and prestige, but yeah, there are a lot more important things that overshadow those "hitches" with priority. When I think it over, those small, little "hitches" are quite cute actually! Our "hitches"! Doesn't that sound wonderful? "Awww, look at them, hitches! Hitchies! They give our game character."

No, they're not "hitches". They are EARTHQUAKES, ******* blasphemous frame-rate butchers that make me log out each day after trying to play for 10 seconds. They are make or break. Break! They render the whole game obsolete, unplayable. Who cares about anything and everything when the very fundamentals in this video game AREN'T WORKING! I can't see OR control. I can't react. I can only look helplessy at some sort of slideshow on my screen until I'm taken to the deathscreen (which is also suffering from the "hitches").

With all that said, I propose we call them Tsunami! All in favor?
  8. Alan Kalane

Miller NC : 2L84M3RCY
    Going to extend my RAM by 4 GB soon. I'll report the results when I'm done.
  9. Cest7

Wow this thread is old... what!?
  10. XenoxusPrime

Name: AlexChapman
    It happens very frequently, to the point where i cannot play the game for more then 20 minutes.
  11. NC_agent00kevin

Old thread but hey, Ill play

agent00kevinTR

I havent played the other toons outside of logging in for certs and the depot deals so thats the one that has experienced it.
  12. Vaphell

I swear this game swaps the tracer/weapon info out. Just moment ago i was on near empty Amerish with 100+ fps everywhere. One ESF killed me on my flash pretty much for free because literally as soon as he started shooting his needler the game turned into a hardcore slideshow and i lost ability to maneuver. It was the only hitch i noticed during the whole 1 hr pumpkin alert and i have visited almost all regions.

This 'the other guy starts shooting and the game creams its pants' thing happens all the time.
  13. Donaldson Jones

Ingame Name - Malmatik
    Happens regularly, during gameplay all continents.
    Nothing really makes it better or worse.

Things I have done to this point on my end: with no effect
    Removed and Reinstalled the game.
    Ran a verify files check from the launchpad.
    Killed all processes I could while running Planetside 2.
    Ran in ultra setting
    Ran in low settings
    Placed PS2 exe's and such in my exclusions for malware and antivirus programs
    Ran my desktop in Low , suspended aero.
    Ran memtest on my machine ..no errors
    Defrag harddrive
    Checked Internet settings speedtest.net ..80 Mbps Down, 12 Mbps Up.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.