Some of us are still getting disconnects.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Alexander Chadwick, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Clipped!

Did you not read the dev letter? The issue is more than likely caused by some of the new tech they're trying to integrate. A patch rollback will almost certainly do nothing because the issue is from some new hardware working with the current software (unless it was software with software). Now if they de-integrated the tech they we're working with to when it was working before, then they might get an easy fix, but doing so is likely to be more complex than the installation was. Not to mention that the "tech rollback" might mean they lose a massive amount of data in the process, and possibly have to haul several hundred thousand dollars worth of tech back from wherever servers go when they get replaced, assuming they actually replaced some servers.
    • Up x 1
  2. XcachoX

THEY JUST NEED TO HIRE PROFESSIONALS!!!!

And im still getting Dc after the "patch"
  3. frogman4949

So you don't think they have the files from older patches saved somewhere? Sounds like a horrible idea since they don't even have a test server. If they don't have older versions of the game then every patch they put out they roll the dice and if something goes wrong they have to hope the fix doesn't take long. If that's the case then this company is pathetic. I'm not a game developer or know anything about it but it wouldn't make sense to only have one version of the game. And a patch roll back would work because to my knowing nobody was having disconnects prior to the halloween update. And how would they lose data? Just save it, work on it later and release when actually finished? Yet again I have no coding experience or anything like that so if they did have to delete the tech I wouldn't want them to do that but i've played games where devs have released bad patches and have rolled them back. And yes I did read dev letter.
  4. Atarax

A little information and because a lot of users want to know more about the issue, Nick Silva on twitter say:
    "There is a type of ICMP error generated when some clients attempt to connect to our servers that was at least in part causing disconnection issues. Looks like we need to dig deeper though."

Personnaly, the way a network is working in depth is something complicate for me to understand. I have read the wiki about ICMP... and I'm none the wiser. And I don't care about it, I just want to play.
  5. SilentSaturn

I think I might orgasm the first time I get to use a console at the warpgate again.
    • Up x 2
  6. IASOS

This is exactly what is happening to me for some days now, at first I thought it was somehow my fault, but now I see a whole lot of people with the same issue..
    • Up x 1
  7. SmittyJensen

I appreciate them communicating more. Yet I'm also caught in the thought of they are doing this to themselves simply by not prioritizing longer PTR runs with more players and not loading major code changes during themed events.

Even if its only 15% of the pop (I have no idea the actual count) that has this issue, they should be treating it as if it was 85% of the pop with the issue as public image is important when selling things to the public.... my thoughts.

I'm old enough to remember computers before hard drives and black and white DOS games; I've been around computer/video games for awhile. Yet I just don't understand Daybreak as a company.. publicly they just seem too hesitant to test with players, too trigger happy to launch lightly tested code on production, and too relaxed when seriously bugged code hits the production environment. Of course maybe hair is on fire behind the scenes and the voices of the company (such as Nick) just relays it in a relaxed manner... I really don't know.. and when one doesn't know they tend to draw the dots and make their own picture.

I'm a non-game programmer of many years and my code sits on the test environment for weeks to months and is hammered on before touching live just to ensure stuff like what is happening with this game doesn't happen. This should be development 101.

Development 201 is decoupling large patches, esp from themed, timed events. The Halloween event should have went live on it's own. As the Halloween event was ongoing the non-net non-graphics patches should have been tested on PTR, and gone live as soon as everything on the build was tested and confirmed working. After, In the lull between events(halloween and Christmas), they should have been testing and debugging the net code and getting that operational. Smaller bites with more chewing.

Instead they seem to enjoy bulk loading everything into megapatches (larger bites, minimal chewing, lots of choking) when that means there are more outlets for potential bugs.. more changes added to code, more opportunities for problems in code..
    • Up x 3
  8. FrozenDreams

Mine was casued by the patch yesterday not the one last week!
  9. Ceiron

Im still getting dc error after the last patch. You know im trying to be positive and stuff but no fix takes two days especially the ones prevent people playing . Everything was fine for me and you guys ruined it.
    • Up x 1
  10. XLAX

Only 2 days? Try 13 with no end in sight.
  11. Scroffel5

Hey everyone! Be nice here. Also, I connected immediately. If you hear news of a new patch, DO NOT GET ON IMMEDIATELY! Wait for the patch after the patch. I may start disconnecting again, but just listen to that anyways. And for goodness sake, do not call other peoples' ideas horrible. Just say the downsides of the idea or your feedback, but just be nice and stay positive.
  12. Humusak

ok - i am 13th day positive. is it something like HIV positive? so i am disconnected positive.
  13. Scroffel5

ANDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD I disconnected.
  14. omygash

my ps4 game is broken since today (yeah for the xp x2 week end thanks) i'm disconnected every 2 minutes, i have no friendlist, my chat dont work, my outfit disapeared, it take 30 second to load everything when i log on to be disconnected 1 minute later, i cant even move my char for 30 seconds on login on, and it worked well yesterday
    (it stopped working well after the 140mb patch i downloaded today)
  15. FulcrumDraft

Yep, I'm in the category of those who've been unable to play for ~13 days as well. And like worrying a sore tooth, I log onto the patcher each day when I get home on the hopes of a miracle. :cool:

Do we have any real idea of what percentage of the overall PS2 population of players that are currently unable to connect yet? I've heard numbers but none of them are verifiable.
  16. omygash

Wow 13 days, crazy for me i cant play since 1h and its already too much lol i restarted ps2 after 2 months break and even in middle of the day the server where i play is low population, and with the xp x2 week end the server is full, they do xp x2 week end when some of real active players cant even play lol
  17. Scroffel5

If you guys are tryna play, keep retrying and keep doing different things. Get in, spam voice call outs, try redeploying, do a bunch of stuff. It will eventually load probably.
  18. omygash

i'm trying to see if anyone see my ingame msg but nobody reply me its like they dont even see my char in game, usually when they see me they do some stuff with the head to say hello or things like that

In the scoreboard i dont even see the ping from the server like before, it tell me my ping but no ping server its like i'm a ghost from the server
  19. AtckAtck

Actually your first hotfix made it worse, 100% disconnect.
    Now, after the second patch, i log in and just have to wait like 5 minutes until my ping finally settles from 50,000 down to 80...

So no, this is not "fixed".
  20. Scroffel5

Alright, I got on, connected, played awesomely, then 30 minutes in, my latency spiked, went down, then right after the server latency spiked to over 100k then I disconnected.