Some of us are still getting disconnects.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Alexander Chadwick, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Scroffel5

When I was disconnecting a lot, here is what I did to get about a 33% chance of not disconnecting. I spawned in, and immediately started running straight till the end of the warpgate, while spamming voice callouts. It worked sometimes. You knew it worked when you heard the callouts. Then I redeployed and went on my way.
  2. Fr0Zen1Yes

35MB Patch and still DCed as before.
  3. Scroffel5

Guys I just came up with something crazy that we may all have in common. Who here is using the Steam Launcher to launch the game?
  4. Krayzmond

I'm not using steam launcher...
  5. Scroffel5

6. TheSunlikeOne

Me and my friend are launching the game the same way - without steam. He plays fine, I stuck with these disconnects.
  7. Krayzmond

The issue is the new tech introduced to the game to sync Planetside original game with Daybreak's own network technologies as it has been stated in the Producer's letter recently:

Also the problem has been identified by the devs 2 hours ago, as it states in the twitter of Nick Silva, the producer of the game:

Hopefully, they will fix it...
  8. XLAX

downloaded update and still not staying connected. Day 12 with no fix for addiction. None of the hokey pokey dances other players had success with ever worked for me and no I did not run thru warpgate spamming my mic.
    I wonder if there is any a$$ chewings going on at DBG?
  9. Big-Barbar

So I tried to run straight outside and it works at the first time! Let's see if I stay connected ^^
  10. Krayzmond

Lol I tried running away from warp gate and spam voice messages and shooting
    IT worked
    lol. Probably the new Daybreak client assumes that you've been passive for too long while you were loading and then decideds to disconnect you from server...
  11. Atarax

OK, I tried to run away from warpgate spamming the macro voice (DC), spamming voice message (DC) but...
    I tried the redeploy with spamming the VR training button in world map tips and I have respawn in VR training... (DC again)
    I can spawn in VR training now... cool...
  12. Naweezo

game still DCs me after a bit " longer" now then before but still nothing else works I can ge far away but still no interaction
  13. takataka77

they deleted my post for the second time because i was critical of the way they handle this screw up...this was the last straw...have fun guys
    • Up x 3
  14. Ceiron

I didn't have any problems yesterday, when i log into the game ui panels dont work like i cant even see press "E" and there is literally no server latency section on tab. Game kicks me like 30 secs later or something

-This is all happening after the last update
  15. 0xdeadbabe

Unable to interact with any in-game consoles.
    Unable to view activity on the continent map.
    Unable to warp via the world map.
    Unable to re-deploy.
    Game disconnects within 2 minutes of connecting.

12 days, 2 patches, still unable to play.
    • Up x 2
  16. Brunobassman65

Hello Vava31 ...the same for me in France on Miller ...the new "monday patch" didnt work at this time 10.45 am ... Let us be patient with this game we love since the begining ..Of course it s hard to play another game..;but we must wait for the devs ...good luck guys ! we cross our fingers ! see u soon all on Miller !
  17. Kristan

For some reason I was able to play again, without any additional patches. Yet the game had to "unwind" itself for a minute or two, just like it was before.
  18. Clipped!

Same here. It's incredibly frustrating both being in the game but not able to do anything, and also having to wait even longer after already waiting what felt like a year, not 2 weeks.
    • Up x 2
  19. frogman4949

So how long until daybreak realizes that its not a simple issue and after 12 days there attempts have completely failed. Any single other developer would have ditched the halloween update and restored the game to the update right before the one that broke hundreds of peoples games. The 2x and 4x xp events were setup as a sorry for them taking 12 days to fix this and it looks like the people they were saying sorry too wont even be able to play for any of it. Put the game back to the hotfix on 9/11 by tomorrow or this company will never get another dime from me. Just another typical game where the devs have absolutely no care in the world for people they run over...
    • Up x 3
  20. CaparzoX

and everything happens not to test it as it should and not have a receipt before updating. How life has been complicated by God.