Some of us are still getting disconnects.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Alexander Chadwick, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Alexander Chadwick

Hiya guys!

After the Halloween update, some of us have been unable to stay connected for more than 30 seconds. The details vary, but the result is the same. I saw a post by a community relations account saying that a client fix had been pushed live, but it seems that i'm not the only one who has had no luck after installing it.

To help the Planetside II team get to the bottom of this, could anyone who has the same issue post details about what they see when they go in-game, what character they play, and what server they are on, and anything else they think might help the team?

For example, I'm a VS on Miller. I have a TR on Emerald and I created an NC on miller to test this issue. They all have the same problem. This tells me that it's a problem on my end which has been created by the Halloween update.

I can get to the character select screen just as fast as before, and I can log into Planetside on any character just as fast as before. The timeouts/disconnects happen as soon as I get in-game. I can see my internet spiking with the demand needed to get to login/character select so there is no problem with my speeds. I'm not at all sure how or why I am unable to stay connected after I get in-game. If someone could explain why that would be fantastic.

During the 30 seconds I am in-game before I'm timed out, I can run around, but i'm unable to interact with terminals. However, one interesting thing I noticed was the fact that i was able to use voice chat perfectly, I was able to talk to another player about the disconnects for 30 seconds, he had no problems whatsoever.

I was unable to do any damage while in-game (My NC started at a Biolab and I shot a friendly and did no damage), and vehicles and aircraft manned by friendly planetsiders went straight through me on their way out of the warpgate while i was a VS. They didn't seem to see my character.

If anyone else wants to post helpful facts about their experience with disconnects after the Halloween patch, I think we would all find it useful.
    • Up x 6
  2. BattGuano

It's the same for me - I got the updated "fix" but nothing works, chat works for a few seconds then that stops - unable to use terminals, teleport, no one shows up in my friends list - i'm guessing some of us have corrupted profiles on the server now.
  3. Jryder

No helpful facts. Installed update. Log in. Appear in spawn room. Can move my character and such but can't access terminals. Issued a "disconnected from server" message after about 30 seconds.
    • Up x 2
  4. Alexander Chadwick

I have verified game files and restarted my computer. No changes.

I am extremely reluctant to reinstall the game because my internet speeds are not that fast, it would take about 2 days.
  5. SmittyJensen

Game disconnects me every single time now today after 15-30 seconds in the game. Even when I am looking at settings.. haven't even moved out of the spawn tube. This is so frustrating.. more so not because of the issue but because of DBG's lackadaisical and few-worded response to this. Lack of communication and the words presented today by CS and PR is poor...
    • Up x 1
  6. Kraytox

Very same thing is happening to me...load in game and 30 sec disconnect from server. play on emerald
    • Up x 1
  7. SmittyJensen

I'm also on Emerald
  8. Cyllus

Still disconnecting. Emerald.
  9. Alexander Chadwick

Still no luck with connecting, but i did notice something strange after attempting again.

Looking at the world map, I can only see information about the continent I am on. All other continents are displayed as open to join (AKA not locked). When I click the join button, as with everything else I try to interact with, nothing happens.[IMG]
  10. SmittyJensen

I see 703 or so pumpkin seeds listed in the top, center of my screen when I login (right before I get disconnected). I wonder if the seeds from last year rolled over to this year?
  11. arrowhead420

same has it been fixed at all i would love to know
  12. 101011b

Same problem here...
  13. smokeydops

Same problem. Emerald server. Playing via Steam. US East.
  14. SmittyJensen

Mine started working ... I ambusher JJ jumped out of the hossin warpgate. My jumpjets lasted as long as I kept the button down on my keyboard. So I few out of the warpgate... then ran around. Then everyone started warping around on my screen for awhile until the server caught up. After it did catch up I died so I must not have stuck the landing. After that I could play normally.
    • Up x 1
  15. AtckAtck

Last time i checked yesterday, after the installation of the hotfix, i still had the problem.
    You can easily see if you have the bug after login, just open the map world view if you see no population infos, no locked continents; then you have the bug.

But i found a workaround that worked every time for me:
    On charakter login, do NOTHING.
    Then instantly open the map, choose world map, and hit warp to koltyr.
    Then again, do NOTHING and wait. It might take 30 seconds or so. But you will finally begin to load koltyr at some point.
    After that everything works, go back to your favorite continent.

Still, this is annoying as hell. Please fix as fast as possible.
    • Up x 4
  16. AMILOLV

This doesn't work for everyone, still waiting for a fix.
  17. Alexander Chadwick

I hope I'm not annoying anyone by bumping this up again. I also help that I'm not the only one who still isn't able to connect because of this problem.

No rush guys. I love this game and getting upset isn't going to make anything happen faster.
  18. DrNovator

Throws out of the game during boot. "Thanks for the patch!"
  19. HeLlxXx

After last patch im not disconnected after 30 sec. . İts not possible to reload the game. it kick me before the character select screen. :(

30 sec. kikc now.
  20. HeLlxXx