[SOLx] Sol Ex - "Of the Sun"

Discussion in 'Connery (US West)' started by Renuse, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Renuse

2. Renuse

“Staying alive was what we did to pass the time.”

-Meg Rosoff, How I Live Now
  3. Renuse

“Every war has it's turning points, and every person too.”

-Meg Rosoff, How I Live Now
  4. Renuse

“Then there was the war, and I married it because there was nothing else when I reached the age of falling in love.”

-Guy Sajer, The Forgotten Soldier
  5. Renuse

6. Renuse

“War is like a fire. One man may start it, but it will spread all over. It is not about one thing in particular.”

-T.H. White, The Once and Future King
  7. Renuse

"Be a craftsman in speech that thou mayest be strong, for the strength of one is the tongue, and speech is mightier than all fighting.”

-Ptahhotep

Thats a hard one to practice in this game -_-.
  8. Renuse

“I told you to make weapons, Taim. Show me just how deadly they are. Disperse the Shaido. Break them.”

-Robert Jordan, Lord of Chaos

Such a great book series. Had chills at the part after this.
  9. druspect

• Up x 1
  10. Renuse

11. Renuse

12. Renuse

"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself."
    -Sun Tzu
  13. Renuse

"Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
    -Sun Tzu
  14. Renuse

"To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

-Sun Tzu
  15. Renuse

"He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot, will be victorious."
    -Sun Tzu
  16. Renuse

"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death."
    -Sun Tzu
  17. Renuse

"The general who wins the battle makes many calculations in his temple before the battle is fought. The general who loses makes but few calculations beforehand."
    -Sun Tzu
  18. Renuse

"The good fighters of old first put themselves beyond the possibility of defeat, and then waited for an opportunity of defeating the enemy."
    -Sun Tzu
  19. Renuse

"Of all those in the army close to the commander none is more intimate than the secret agent; of all rewards none more liberal than those given to secret agents; of all matters none is more confidential than those relating to secret operations."
    -Sun Tzu
  20. Renuse

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved."
    -Sun Tzu