SOE please don't remove quick knife!

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by SharpeShooter, Mar 30, 2014.

1. pnkdth

Because the knife isn't a one hit kill weapon? :confused:
  2. RIctavius

Pretty much is - if you're in combat - you're shields are down half-way and then they stick it into you. (which is 80 percent most of the time)
  3. InfernoKoV

4. InfernoKoV

IF YOU'RE IN RANGE... People seem to forget that we only have 1k health and die super quick already.
  5. John_Aitc

The knife mechanic is such a fun play style. I hope it never changes.

To properly commit to using the knife really shortens your life span because you have to put your character in such jeopardy to make it work. That reason alone is the best balance/counter to using a knife.
  6. SharpeShooter

again you're being completely ridicules and unreasonable! ZOE was CLEARLY over powered! This is why so many people jumped onto the band wagon and played max for weeks upon weeks!

Most people don't even use the knife on a regular basis simply because there are better options! ANYONE could have taken up a ZOE max and got 20-30 man kill streak ANYONE! There is no skill is using a max, using a knife is completely different! You however, think its just as easy as a zoe max? I am merely stating you are mistaken and that to prove this you should try and use the knife!
  7. SharpeShooter

Like I have said to many people in this thread! If you think its not skillful to get a knife kill streak then go out and Auraxium your knife! Go on do it and come back here and tell me if its more or less effective/ more or less skillful than just shooting someone!

People are always so willing to attack a weapon/playstyle just because they cant use the weapon.
    • Up x 1
  8. SharpeShooter

This is another point im getting at! a BR 88 what thinks a knife is a OHK. This is how much people use the knife! /facepalm. If you people want swords in a FPS game then fine but quick knife is a play style many enjoy!
  9. SharpeShooter

By that reasoning my 125 damage SMG is a one hit kill too! Because if someone has only 125 health it would kill them! -_- go back to sleep!
  10. OldMaster80

Imho best solution would be quick knife replaced by a rifle's butt hit and then equippable knife.
  11. MasonSTL

don't need to. The knife is so situational and limited that you really only need to get 20 kills to get a grasp on it. The main use of the quick knife is in tandem with the pistol as an infil. That is the only use of the knife I can think of that isn't a direct cause of poor choices from over extending.

There really isn't much skill involved with a quick knife, you run up to them guns blazing then when their body fills the screen press a button.

Buy the way, they aren't taking the quick knife out any way, so why did you make this thread?
    • Up x 2
  12. OldMaster80

Because I think on pts it has actually been removed. But still we have no clue about devs plan to do.
  13. hawken is better

That is a flat-out lie and you know it. You were in the previous thread and the public response was overwhelmingly in favor of removing it.
  14. MasonSTL

on the PTS it has been removed but on the roadmap....
    I don't know what people think that means, but I guess forumside doesn't care. Any thing that may seem like an alteration and panties get bundled to Nth degree.

I can only imagine how many ignorant forumsiders are making themselves go bald because they procure this panic out of misinformation and just run with it.
  15. SharpeShooter

no its not a lie! before SOE said "we are changing the knife" There was not one thread asking for the knife to be changed! The reason for this is that its a complete non issue!

Most people who don't use it don't even know the keybind or arn't even bothered.

and the people who do use it know its VERY situational but when you get a kill with it, its very satisfying and fun to use!
  16. SharpeShooter

lol "I don't need to prove the knife is op I have 20 kills with it" is what I heard there! Pathetic. try harder.

As far as SOE saying they are not removing quick knife, I know they said that! However, just because they said that does not mean they will not remove it when they are altering the mechanic so radically, like they have done with countless other mechanics in game.
  17. OldMaster80

Well even the flamethrower and the domeshields were on the roadmap so...
  18. MasonSTL

who said it was OP? it just doesn't take skill to use. Work on your comprehension.

Please name the mechanics that they removed without explanation, even though they said they would keep them in.

The knife in the PTS is in VERY early stages of their plan, I mean it doesn't even do damage, the animation is waaaay out of wack. It's far too early to worry about this even if they didn't say that they don't plan on taking it out. So far the only notable progress they have made to the thing is that it stays in your hands and their is an icon in your weapon selection.

EDIT: what's pathetic is that you are still arguing that they are taking out a mechanic based of a WIP on the test server, even thought they have said they don't plan on removing it altogether.
  19. MasonSTL

noted. But removing quick knife isn't on the road map, quite the opposite actually.
  20. Nobalification

There is two sides. First side want knife as quick knife and Second side don´t want this. There can be found a compromise in word BAYONET. Your knife is on keywords 3 and it´s no longer quick knife. What you can do is tap number 3 to get acces to your knife. Tap B and you get animation where you get your knife to front of your weapon. When you have this bayonet on your weapon, just type [DEFAULT] T to swing with your weapon, to deal meelee damage. When you do this, you can´t fire for 2 seconds like now.