SOE please don't remove quick knife!

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by SharpeShooter, Mar 30, 2014.

1. SharpeShooter

I know SOE have said they will not be removing quick knife but by the look of the PTS they have! Please SOE don't remove it for the love of god! Using my knife is a play style I and many more enjoy a lot! No one has asked for quick knife to be removed! if you want to introduce new melee weapons then fine but don't introduce a new play style with the expense of another.
    • Up x 5
  2. iller

If it means the knife we get in its place no longer cripples us to a slow crawl for 2 seconds everytime we swing it, I'm more than willing to give up the "quick" knife. It's the Slowest knife I've ever used in any game. I've used 2 handed Colossal Axes in other games that were more accurate / faster had less movement penalty than this thing.
    • Up x 3
  3. Prudentia

Sharpe you do realize that you shouldn't post Testserver related stuff in the General Gameplay discussion? even less when it's just afternoon for the US mods and they can easily lock your threads?
    • Up x 3
  4. Robes

You realize youre not suppose to talk about any sort of moderation either?
    • Up x 9
  5. JP_Russell

That would be unfortunate. Can't see the knife being very good without the ability to chain it at the end of a burst of shots, unless they either make it a one-hit kill or make you able to slash repeatedly at a fast rate, and I'm not sure I like either of those options.
  6. Prudentia

eh forgot that. forumside creates alot of bad habits.
  7. Corporate Thug

I wouldn't lose any sleep over the knife being changed and I mostly fight in CQC. I think the knife takes off too much HP and is too inaccurate the way it is now. + there is so much lag in some fights that you can be hit with a burst and knifed before you even see the player, which is pretty bad at times.

I will have to update my PTS and see the changes, but I hope it is one where you have to equip the knife (taking a second or so), then swing it, doing more damage than the current knife (OHK with shortened range), which would be much more satisfying and fun for me personally.
  8. SharpeShooter

and surly you realize that changes are moving so fast from PTS to the live server (Un tested and full of bugs I may add) by the time the devs have bothered to read this post the changes will probably already be on the live server.
  9. SharpeShooter

yer because thats what we need! Another one hit kill weapon!

And I like how you say "here is so much lag in some fights that you can be hit with a burst and knifed before you even see the player" and yet you think the OHK knife would be better?
    • Up x 1
  10. Llaf

I can tolerate the current quick knife without complaining, but if it were put to a vote, I'd vote equipped knife over quick knife.
    • Up x 12
  11. pnkdth

Quite a lot of people have.

However, the idea of yet another OHK weapon makes me hover over the unsubscribe button.
  12. SharpeShooter

why would you remove it to be equipable? The only way they could make people use the knife is to make it so ridicules in CQC that everyone will be running around with their knife out! otherwise you will have 2 HAs standing 1m apart shooting their guns at each other!

The people that want it changed have never used it! Either that or cannot use it!
  13. BadAsElite

I would like the whole Knifing / Melee mechanic changed into somthing much more diverce.

Rifle butting / Pistol whipping.
    Bayonet attactment's (barrel attachment).
    Hand equiped Knife.

All this would make the Combat scene alot more entertaining and fresh.

The current system is just a CoD rip off.
    Knife fight's could be hilarious and alot of fun for players.

This could add so much more to the game.

Thoughts anyone?
    • Up x 9
  14. Llaf

All they would be doing by changing it to be an equipped weapon would be changing the speed at which it can be used. I haven't seen anything about any damage changes.
  15. Maljas23

My stance as well.
  16. Giggily

Quick knife damage should be halved or it needs to be removed. 650 damage is ridiculous.
  17. Tentakewls

Here's the thing, in all your threads you keep saying that but in all of them it seems most people are in favor with removing it.
    Also, I've been here since beta and people have been asking for this since then so I'm pretty sure "No one" has a very different meaning for you than it does for the rest of the world.
    • Up x 3
  18. BadAsElite

Then why don't SoE change it to somthing more skill or class build based?
  19. Tentakewls

Aren't they?
  20. Wecomeinpeace