[Suggestion] SOE, can you PLEASE start using your OWN forums?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BiggggBRIM, Sep 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shanther

Once again they are not involved with the Server Smash organization. The only support SS gets from SOE was them making a bunch of accounts months ago so they could use Jaeger. Past that SOE has zero involvement in the entire thing. SOE isn't even involved with Server Smash on Reddit. So no they are not going to post anything here about it. If you want to be involved with Server Smash you need to use Reddit. If you don't want to use Reddit well then tough luck, you wont be involved with Server Smash.
    • Up x 1
  2. volth

I agree.
    And SOE employers should not need to be afraid to comment on PS2 forum.
    • Up x 1
  3. BiggggBRIM

Server Smash can't happen without the technical support from SOE, so yes, they ARE involved. You have no legitimate argument on this matter. (but your pointless arguing is giving this thread cheap, easy bumps so please, go on)
  4. Shanther

Giving someone the tools to have Server Smash is not the same thing as providing technical support. SS was existing before SOE provided Jaeger access. It is not an SOE run or managed event. It is run by the community. SOE has no reason to promote it other then "feeling like it." Stop grasping at straws in an attempt to validate your terrible argument. SOE doesn't owe you anything. But by all means keep crying that SOE doesn't pander to you. I have wonderful interaction with SOE because I am willing to use all the forms of communication that SOE uses. You have no one to blame but yourself. I have no sympathy for you.
  5. Garmus

This is offtopic, and a minor error, but nevermind: BiggggBRIM, you made an unintentional oversight there. I am from Woodman, so I link a Woodman "legitimate argument" (Woodman vs Cobalt server smash topic) for you to check:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...r-smash-7-woodman-vs-cobalt-192-v-192.184110/

The first few Server Smashes were absolutely not supported by any way from SOE, they were created and organized purely by player community on PTS (= Public Test Server). As you can see in linked topic, in the first few server smashes there were even "Player Policies" who had the privilege to teamkill random players from the same faction if they clearly want to sabotage Server Smash map preparation. Then after some time, SOE noticed there are some player-organized events in the game called "Server Smashes", and then SOE decided to support these events to allow organizators to play these events on a formerly private test server Jaeger.

... So both of you discussants are true in some aspects : )
  6. BiggggBRIM

First of all, its "than" since you're comparing two things, and companies don't waste their resources promoting their own product out of the goodness of their hearts: they do it to create awareness of their product which will hopefully lead to an increase in sales. I know ignorance is bliss but please try to stay grounded in reality with the rest of us.
  7. Shanther

Correcting grammar now? Cute. Gotta love typing on a phone. Funny you bring up ignorance because you guys refuse to look anywhere else besides the offical forum for info. You are willfully ignorant to other forms of communication. You want everything fed to you on a sliver platter. Once again, you have no one to blame but yourself. I have no sympathy for you.
  8. BiggggBRIM

Phones have auto-correct so I'm going assume that you just lied to me. Your educational and ethical shortcomings aside, I actually have SOE to blame for not making their community aware of the server smash by not posting on their own forums. (ya know, the whole point of this thread?) And don't flatter yourself thinking I asked for your sympathy. You're not that important.
  9. Villanuk

Shanther
    How can it be ignorant to look at the games official forum and expect to see information? Its ignorant of the devs etc to post important information outside the official forum, its devalues this forum and shows utter contempt towards the community.
    • Up x 1
  10. Shanther

I suggest you look up Swiftkey Flow before you open your mouth. You can't blame SOE for not informing you of a non SOE run event, that is illogical. They have no reason to inform you of it because as I have already explained they have nothing to do with the event, it is a community event, not an SOE one. That being said there was a ton of notices posted about the event, you just don't look at those places. Furthermore even if SOE informed you that SS was taking place you would be able to play in it so it makes absoutely zero difference.

Re-read what I said. People who refuse to look anywhere else but the offical forums are willfully ignorant to other forms of dev interaction and communication. The argument of "I don't want to have to look anywhere else besides the offical forums" isn't a valid argument, it is simply being lazy and entirely not in touch with social media. That is 100% a personal issue. You people act as if SOE never posts any info here, which is entirely false. I do find it a touch odd there wasn't a mention of the x32 bit client being broken, but outside of that the vast majority of important info is actually posted here.
  11. BiggggBRIM

Stop trying to sound like you know what you're talking about because you don't. I deal with big egos telling even bigger lies and call them out on it all day for a living, and you are nothing special.

If the server smash is using resources owned and operated by SOE then they SHOULD inform the community about it. The community as a whole WANTS them to. The overwhelming response in favor of more communication by SOE on their own forum makes that a FACT! That's all there is to it. Please come back to reality with the rest of us, when you're ready of course.
  12. DG-MOD-17

Going to go ahead and lock this as it is becoming non-constructive.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.