[Suggestion] SOE, can you PLEASE start using your OWN forums?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BiggggBRIM, Sep 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Murx

Only applause is constructive. Criticism, especially harsh criticism not. Consume but do not take care of something.
    Consumer have no voice. Be quiet and consume.
    • Up x 1
  2. Jaloro

Lol, OP wants to know why the devs don't use this forum much? Read this thread, it should tell you everything you want to know. 14 pages of hot air.

This forum is full of children and there is no downvote button to get rid of them.
    • Up x 1
  3. Utrooperx

[IMG]

I don't know...over 7,000 views in the last 4 days...seems quite a few people are interested in the subject matter, pro and con...

Isn't that the point (and purpose) of a open forum...to have a discussion on a issue?

If the devs refuse to utilize the "official" forums merely because they "dislike" criticism, then they have certainly lost sight of a important business concept...

[IMG]

Just saying...
    • Up x 5
  4. Shanther

Yep that is the only possiblity. It has nothing to do with the toxicness of the forum, the necroing, the inability to have a decent discussion, spam, demanding nature, and just overall badness of the offical forums. Nope not at all, not possible.
  5. Utrooperx

I once again refer you to the important business concept (that you might have missed):

[IMG]

This gentleman is one of the richest in the World.

Just saying...
    • Up x 1
  6. Allin

Surely it has nothing to so that surrounding yourself with fanboys makes you look better, and that in a world where buzz is synonymus for success using more flashy, more showing medias is done for greater profit.

Thning is, this effect is artificial and fueled by itself, and you, in all your blindness just don;t want to admit they are not using those sites for convenience of anyone, but for increased publicity for the sake of increased publicity itself, not for anyone convenience.

Yes, getting more media space is important, but they do it just to increase profit (not that's a bad thing) while abandoning game support (that's not a good thing). They will delive content, but no fixes to bugs, and the game will SEEM alive thanx to social media while it will be rotting at the core.

And stop using arguments like "overal badness", if you don't have anything smart to say anymore apart from repeatign the same nonsense over and over, seriously, shut the **** up. Surely the devs give FLYING TOSS about the same problems on reddit and twitter, and somehow, accordign to you they are so sad becasue of it here, they decided to leave official forums.

That's how it sounds, don;t be freaking ridiculous. Your demagogy gets tiresome.
    • Up x 3
  7. Who Garou

as it is said ::

Move along, citizen! Nothing to see here!
  8. BiggggBRIM

Evidently there was a server smash tonight, would have been nice to know ahead of time!

Thank you SOE for caring so very little that not a single damn employee could take 30 seconds out of their schedule to post here letting everyone know about it.
    • Up x 2
  9. Shanther

Server Smash is not run by SOE, it is run by the community. Notice was posted on the Planetside, Emerald, Connery, and Server Smash sub reddits. It is not up to SOE to inform you of an event run by the community that has been planned and organized for a month which they have zero involvement in.
    • Up x 1
  10. Garmus

100% agree and I can confirm that - I am from Woodman (now Miller after merge) and when there was Woodman+Miller server merge, I couldn't find any official info when it was planned, I had to googled that info and then found it on some random reddit page from some normal Planetside2 player (not SOE staff member). Oh, and please don't get me wrong, I'm not QQing or spitting on SOE about that, I am just merely confirming with example of my own experience that the OP is true - that some important notice couldn't be found at the right time in the right place (on your own official forum), and thus supporting his suggestion, that's all :) .
    Otherwise, keep up the good work developers, it finally seems like you are fixing things in the game faster, probably because your numbers are now strengthened by cooperation with Planetside2 Playstation4 teammates.

Anyway,
    / free bump
    / also +1 to the OP post
    • Up x 1
  11. Flavo

The devs avoid this smoking crater because it's ground zero for all the fresh off the boat morons complaining about things that they know nothing about and suggesting solutions that would make things infinitely worse. If you really wanted their attention then you'd do whatever it takes to get it. This place is a lost cause.
    • Up x 1
  12. Ken Photon

Actually, SOE helps organize Server Smashes. I mean, Server Smashes are held in the Jaeger server, which is a private server made for special occasions. The outfit leaders from each server determine who goes and when it happens, but SOE has the active role of setting up the server for them.
  13. Taemien

It would be a great thing if SOE actually used 3rd Party sites like PGI at www.mwomerc.com does. Basically how they do it, is utilize it in such a way by redirecting viewers BACK to their main site. If something is posted on Twitch or Reddit, it has replies disabled and gives a link to an official post on their official forums.

They do this so feedback is in One centralized place and not spread out all over the internet. Here's a quote from one of their forum admins explaining the policy when someone asked why they couldn't reply to a video blog on a third party site:

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/168653-dev-vlog-7/page__view__findpost__p__3657817

I think SOE could learn well from PGI on this subject. It allows them to use 3rd Party sites to get the word out. But it makes their job easier when looking for the feedback since its all redirected to one place.
    • Up x 2
  14. Allin

Yes, people don't like to deal with cynical oppinionated intelligent addults, that can produce valid arguments and have a sense of self respect and not falling into buttlicking of anyone they feel like it for that particular moment - and are not falling for fanboy fads becasue they worked their lives in sales and know how a customer should be treated. That's why devs use Reddit and Twitter. I couldn't agree with you more right now.

And yes, my jimmies are rustled indeed becasue of that - finally we agree at least on one thing.

Unless you want to say there are no idiots or trolls on reddit and twitter, then let me contact correct autorities to supply you with nice, white long sleeved jacket.
    • Up x 3
  15. Miuku

Do you know how things like this are handled in, for example, the mmo-champion forums which have more posts in a day than there are here in a month?

They have these things called "moderators" and they can, amazingly enough, moderate the forums, suspend/ban/warn the users and other things that are from the future. What's even more amazing is that it's all a volunteer effort with no one being paid for it - truly wondrous and inspiring thing, wouldn't you say?

As for the game, let's just face a couple of facts; they've moved key developers to other gamers, moved profilic CMs around and merged servers because they aren't enough players - what does that sound like to your ear? I'll tell you; things you don't want to hear about, especially being said on your own forums so it's easier just to ignore it and use a medium where you have hordes of people who don't see the forest from the trees removing all the criticism.
  16. AlexR

I agree with this thread. Reddit for me is almost the same crap as 4chan is. Can't understand why is SOE so focused on that.
    • Up x 1
  17. Bush82

Reddit has to be one of the ugliest sites i've ever come across on the internet. i spent 5 min one day trying to find something on it and gave up. maybe im just too old/not nerdy enough for that s"*t. but it is an ugly mess of a place.

the devs should either post here or just do a Dice and not post anything at all. the only way we get news here is if a member makes a [PSA] thread and a copy paste from Reddit.
    • Up x 1
  18. Shanther

This was organized a couple of months ago now. And aside from making a bunch of accounts for Server Smash they have absoutely zero involvment in the thing. Furthermore SS is organized and based around Reddit.
    • Up x 1
  19. Ken Photon

Ah... My bad.

IMO though, it still would be a good idea for SOE to make people aware of events like that. It's good publicity for them, and it would further establish PS2 as a game with potential for competitions. But I digress.
  20. BiggggBRIM

Run by the community SUPPORTED by SOE. If they could get involved on Reddit then they should most certainly get involved on here.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.