SOE balancing ZOE

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by vimorain1, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Airkair

Here's some data for all of the whining NC/TR trolls out there. I have a BR 40-something VS character with a highly customized heavy assault class. My average k/d is around 2.0, and this is with me using both maxes and my highly customized Magrider. Yesterday, I was using my VS character, and I went on multiple killing sprees with my max... I was alive so long that I could use it three times in a row. My k/d was 2.3 at the end of it.
    I made a BR 1 TR... my first time using it... using completely basic gear and absolutely 0 modifications to my classes, I was using a heavy assault the entire time (no max, no tanks, no aircraft)... I had an average k/d of 2.6, and got up to 2.8 at one point.

I also did a massive heavy tank comparison (Magrider, Vanguard, Prowler), and the Magrider is the worst of the 3 in every way. All it has is the neat hovering feature, but here's the actual stats using equivalent setups:
    Magrider with AP primary weapon (using Reload Speed 5 and Ammo Capacity 10) and Rival Combat Chassis 3
    Vanguard with AP primary weapon (using Reload Speed 5 and Ammo Capacity 10) and Rival Combat Chassis 3
    Prowler with AP primary weapon (using Reload Speed 5 and Ammo Capacity 10) and Rival Combat Chassis 3 and Anchored Mode 4

Damage/Reload Time/DPS: (Prowler times were measured by me since it's 2 shots)
    Magrider: ____________________________Vanguard: __________________________Prowler:
    1875 in 3.25 sec ______________________2075 in 3.5 sec ______________________2500 in 3 sec (not anchored)
    _______________________________________________________________________2500 in 1.75 sec (anchored)
    576.9 dps ____________________________592.9 dps __________________________833.3 dps (not anchored)
    ________________________________________________________________________1428.6 dps (anchored)

Turret Turn Speed:
    Magrider: ____________________________Vanguard: __________________________Prowler:
    6 sec/360 deg ________________________ 2.6 sec/360 deg ____________________ 2.6 sec/360 deg

Tank Turn Speed:
    Magrider: _____________________________Vanguard: __________________________Prowler:
    6 sec/360 deg _________________________6.5 sec/360 deg _____________________5.6 sec/360 deg

Forwards deceleration:
    Magrider: _____________________________Vanguard: __________________________Prowler:
    50 -> -40 in 3.75 sec ____________________56 -> -30 in 3 sec ___________________60 -> -30 in 3 sec

Combat strafing:
    -25 -> 25 in 2 sec ______________________-30 -> 16 in 1.5 sec __________________-30 -> 18 in 1.75 sec

AP Shot Speed:
    225 m/s ______________________________275 m/s ____________________________250 m/s (not anchored)
    ________________________________________________________________________325 m/s (anchored = 30% faster)

Finally, the Magrider is the longest and the widest of the heavy tanks, making it the biggest target. The Prowler is only larger in height, but it makes up for that by being the shortest... by far.

This shows me that with an equal setup, the Magrider has the lowest top speed, the worst turret turning speed by far, has the slowest (projectile) and weakest main gun, and it takes the longest to reverse its speed while strafing to avoid being hit.
    Then there's the abilities... while the Vanguard gets an epic energy shield, and the Prowler gets to deploy allowing it to annihilate anything it sees... the Magrider doesn't have a good ability... all it does is hover :S
    If the Magrider is going to be the largest, slowest, and least responsive of the 3 heavy tanks, it should also have the most health... by a considerable margin, because with its current stats, it gets torn up in no time at all. I was destroyed by an enemy liberator's machine gun (I forget which one) in less than a clip... that's ridiculous :S
    • Up x 2
  2. minhalexus

ZOE needed a nerf regardless the fact of others needing a buff. Me as an NC max could hardly kill a ZOE max cuz it just runs away when it sees me in close quarters, and i cant catch up to it.
  3. Sathayorn

But I like Magburners... Wait... What does this have to do with ZOE?
  4. Airkair

Just pointing out that the nerfs to the VS team have gone overboard, and how do Magburners possibly even come close to comparing to the Vanguard shield, and the Prowler's anchor ability? :S

To be on-topic though... the NC max's aegis shield is an ability without a duration. The TR max's anchor ability (don't know its actual name) is an ability without a duration. The recently nerfed VS max's ZOE ability... has a duration... once again... worse than the other two. Admittedly, not as worse when compared to the Magrider's abilities, but... still... does VS have anything that's better than the other 2 teams' stuff? :S
    • Up x 1
  5. Sathayorn

I know looks aren't everything... But our scythe looks pretty awesome... And we got that cool "pew pew" sound going for us. We win more than our share of alerts on Connery so I have to think we've got something.

Personally I'm more upset about bullet drop being applied to our slugs... Isn't "no bullet drop" supposed to be one of our things?
    • Up x 1