SOE balancing ZOE

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by vimorain1, Dec 13, 2013.

1. FinWiz

Someone asked for nerf numbers? Only ES nerfs, not common pool nerfs . All nerfs counted so if one weapon got 3 nerfs 2 buffs, it's total of five changes, not one nerf. Didn't count sniper rifle changes either as they were same for all empire variants.
    NC=35 nerfs, 54 buffs
    TR=56 nerfs, 31 buffs
    VS=55 nerfs, 36 buffs
  2. acksbox

ZOE was useless before and it's more useless now; the only difference is that I didn't get a single cert back the first time they nerfed it, but got 2250 back the second time.

I didn't spend my certs on ZOE this time and am pretty happy.
    • Up x 1
  3. CptFirelord

You should definitely continue. I've seen the spreadsheets, your weapons outright out-do almost all others from the other factions for Infantry.

Not to mention the Lancer still doesn't render past 300m, and the shot never renders past 50m, and the almost instant time-to-target makes it perfect for sniping everything.
  4. Schwak

Should have just gone back to jump jets and fix the TR Anchor mode. Get double shotted by halberds/tank cannons/lightning cannons/dumbfires before you can even move from your anchor spot. Jump jets wouldn't be a problem as long as they are pretty weak at max rank. If you are on buildings you have no support, no engi, no medic, bye bye MAX suit. Getting killed by a MAX from a roof is not such a big problem as long as light assaults have C4.
  5. Schwak

My guess is they were finally in a place were they could just nerf it into the ground until they have a better idea on what to do with it. They left it OP for far too long and the "data" shows that along with plenty of videos you can find. MAX abilities were never suppose to be a main choice but a alternative option with downsides. ZOE had zero down sides since the increased damage taken was basically mitigated by the strafe speed dodging 3x as many bullets.
  6. FinWiz

I hope you are kidding me. What about if you go and actually try all the weapons. Vanu carbines can't even compete with TR or NC ones on med to high range. LMGs are nice but again you won't hit anything on med range if you autofire so burst it is. Again NC and TR variants can do the same and sometimes better. ARs can still compete.

Lancer is so useless that it doesn't matter if it renders or not, you can still just keep on going and not to worry about it. If a guy with Lancer spots you 300 meters away on open ground, you would reach him without being destroyed.
    • Up x 1
  7. vimorain1

to start with,let me remind you before all max abilities how NC's shotgun max AKA hax-max cleared rooms .now they cried.also,they had lots of feedback how to make it normal,not OP,but it shows how developers read forums.and to me how objective other 2 factions are.since now,I will always support every single nerf to NC and TR I'll see,for all trolling instead of suggestions I saw
  8. vimorain1

Lancer doesn't render past 300m because infantry holds it,omg!also I can tell you didn't see any spreadsheets,otherwise you'd know how low damage Lancer has,also if you'd charge it up,you must wait a while and 3rd charge is still lowest damage from all rocket launchers,including stock.and you talk utter BS,its commonly know out reapons are mediocre between your (TR) rate of fire and NC's damage.so we got less of each.and any weapon we had good is getting nerf each patch.now for instance Serpent.and I could find few every single patch notes.
  9. Chipay

Might I ask if you ever used the Lancer yourself? It is very well able to hit targets past the infantry render range, just like AV MANA turrets and lock-on launchers.

Honestly the Lancer is the best AV launcher any outfit can wish for.
  10. vimorain1

even today.why you keep talking about infantry render range?!obviously infantry renders shorter than vehicles,that is how it is for a while.so its utterly obvious it can hit target beyond render of infantry.but it has low damage.i use it to spook harassers and occasional hovering ESFs.best is still striker,i saw today how it chewed up Magrider.
  11. Schwak

Lancer squad=insta death. Whether it be a tank or a plane, a lancer squad that have good players will instagib anything you are inside of. All they have to do is say 1-2-3 charge and then bam, 10 lazers into your tank without warning. Striker is a lock on so you get the beep beep and you still have time to get behind cover. The second you are behind cover the rockets go straight up unlike the annihilatorand other lock on launchers.
    • Up x 2
  12. vimorain1

now you using ''squad''.big surprise,Striker squad can do overkill on galaxy halfway through clip.you never have whole squad of people runing same class and weapon,unless its max bum crash.you are talking garbage ,please stop embarrassing yourself.
  13. Chipay

Actually what he's talking about happens quite often

The lancer is effective at ranges where the Striker isn't, if you have the numbers you can make up for what you claim is lower DPS.

(which isn't true anymore, the lancer has the highest DPS of the ES rocket launchers after the Striker damage nerf)
    • Up x 1
  14. Schwak

Do you play at like 4am or something? Lancer squads happen all the time. Striker is worthless and anyone saying its still "OP" has no clue what they are talking about. Go and play for a couple hours with it before coming back and spewing more **** out of your mouth.
  15. FinWiz

Teamwork is OP? :eek:
  16. vimorain1

learn to read first,i didn't say 'OP' in anywhere in my post.I play in peak times most of time,and I see people using lockon launchers.
    ''Lancer squad'' would be fun to see but most people would rather pull out max.and they do.
  17. minhalexus

Each and every Vanu that i talked to in game, admitted that "ZOE was overpowered and needed a nerf, although it is useless now"
    now they only need to reduce the reaver hitbox.
  18. vimorain1

we
    well yes,that is my point,as the name i gave this thread.SOE F-ed up.it needed balance,they turned it into faecal matter.
  19. duskwarrior797

HAR HAR HAR you NC and TR trolls win the day! Yep, ZOE was a bit out of hand, but the other two abilities should have been buffed instead of ZOE being nerfed.
    • Up x 1
  20. vanu123

It is a problem they don't always keep the information public.